Photo
- - - - -

Against the Falcons... run, run, run some more....

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#46 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,101 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

Will chuds ego get in the way of going with what works until the falcons stop it? I hope so. He outmarts hs own self.

#47 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

I don't care how much you run the ball, until the D can stop someone, the Panthers are going to lose a lot of games. I'm thinking the Saints game was a fluke because they might be the only team with a worse coaching staff than the Panthers right now. They are reeling without Sean Payton. I wonder if McDermott even comes up with a game plan week-to-week. He got fired for this poo in Philly and he's doing it again in Carolina. Hate to say it, makes you long for a John Fox defense....

#48 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,378 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

We'll probably run read option over and over and over again. Sarcasm of course...

#49 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Plays Defense and we may be able to stay in the game. If not, this game will be over by halftime. Don't expect a shoot out.

#50 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

The premise of this article is spot on...that has been said. What it really comes down to is COMMITMENT plain and simple.

RR and Chud/ McDerm have put a crappy looking product out there so far mainly because they didn't establish a true game plan designed to meet the challenge of the opponent. Instead, they relied on a generic scheme that was clearly anticipated and exploited by opponents. The reason we beat the Saints is because we got what we expected from them. We didn't know what to expect from Tampa and the Giants adjusted and flat out beat our scheme.

We know what Atlanta wants to do. I want to see us have a very specific game plan designed to counteract what they do. This would certainly include running at the middle of their defense and coaching Cam to take those 7-8 yard runs that will be there on 1st and 2nd down.

Ultimately we need to go ahead and try to rattle Ryan and we might have to take some major risks to do so.

Bottom line...we don't take those risks we are gonna see another performance like Eli.

God hope J Stew is active for this game!

#51 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

Which is why the D should blitz and gamble.....don't try to stop teams. Try to get turnovers.

That strategy is just so far off in the distance for us. The last coaching regime didnt do it and this one doesnt either. Damn shame.

#52 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Run the ball and play some freaking defense....sounds kinda old school

#53 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

on offense...run, screen pass, run, long ball downfield, repeat. when opportunity presents itself cam runs and abuses the falcon defense. occasionally pull out the option just to keep things interesting. have just enough WRs going downfield and throw to them just barely enough to keep the D spread out but run enough that they have to keep 8-9 in the box. play it safe and do what they do best.

on defense...just attack. no soft zone crap. no cushions. go for the INT. blitz like a mofo. no more of this "bend but don't break" crap. just go full out "smash, kill, destroy." don't be afraid to take risks. don't be afraid to gamble.

#54 CarolinaNut

CarolinaNut

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

that's pretty much the only chance the panthers have at winning this game...they have to control the clock and keep the atlanta offense off the field as much as possible...b/c our defense is not equipped to stop that offense...we have got to find a way to get after ryan...he's playing lights out so far this season

#55 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

One thing about Matty Ice, he sure isn't very agile.

Press and seal and he's a sitting duck.

#56 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Took four pages for someone to finally state the one way to beat mat rian. Pressure is he achilles heel. Knock him down, and rough him up, and he will crumble.

The question becomes how to do so? I say play press coverage man to man all over the place. Put Nakamuri back in his usual position. Then rush and play games with whomever is left. Get pressure. Matty no like pressure.

Pressure matt and the routes get shorter, the plays are quicker, and the ball comes out quick. All habits of the please don't hit me QB.

Play tight mano en mano all over the field. With a S deep as protection. Rush everyone else. You ain't coverin no one? Rush mother...

Puts pressure on the LB corp as well. The fcant love those screens. That play is the only play I worry about. Kick Matty butt. And we win.

And that is the bold prediction of the week for me. And GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#57 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,300 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Took four pages for someone to finally state the one way to beat mat rian. Pressure is he achilles heel. Knock him down, and rough him up, and he will crumble.

The question becomes how to do so? I say play press coverage man to man all over the place. Put Nakamuri back in his usual position. Then rush and play games with whomever is left. Get pressure. Matty no like pressure.

Pressure matt and the routes get shorter, the plays are quicker, and the ball comes out quick. All habits of the please don't hit me QB.

Play tight mano en mano all over the field. With a S deep as protection. Rush everyone else. You ain't coverin no one? Rush mother...

Puts pressure on the LB corp as well. The fcant love those screens. That play is the only play I worry about. Kick Matty butt. And we win.

And that is the bold prediction of the week for me. And GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you say put Nakamura back at his usual position.....you mean the bench, right?

#58 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

When you say put Nakamura back at his usual position.....you mean the bench, right?

I actually meant 30 yards from the line of scrimmage. That may friend is a FS.

But, I kinda like your idea as well. Maybe it is time for Martin to get back on the field.

#59 Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

FORUM VET

• HUDDLER
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

CJ needs a big game here...O-line....Ohhhhh-line gotta play your hearts out boys....

#60 Marc Anthony

Marc Anthony

FORUM VET

• HUDDLER
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

CJ needs a big game here...O-line....Ohhhhh-line gotta play your hearts out boys....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com