How would you handle Cam?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#11 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'd start by treating him like a professional football player.

#12 GAme

GAme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

You gotta call him over real nicely. Start talking about this or that and wehn he starts talking you just SLAP HIM IN DA MOUF and say STFU and man up.

#13 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationThe Brew Wing
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'd tell him its ok for him to get tattoos and piercings if he wants to.

#14 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

so it's still defense and special teams fault the offense can't execute consistently? that was last year's excuse, we should try to make another one up.

#15 NineOhTheRino

NineOhTheRino

ROOKIE

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

I would bring Cecil in as an assistant to the OC. One thing we know about CAM is that he holds his father in high regards.

#16 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

Can't say for sure because I don't know the details of how he handles himself in the club house and locker room. Nor in the huddle for that matter.

All we see is what the cameras show us, and while it may not be what we want to see, well whatever.

I don't get all into this sitting by himself, towel over the head stuff. Don't understand it, but don't really care either.

Some of the stuff that Cam does is the same stuff that Jay Cutler does and has done since he came into the league. Jay like Cam has been criticized from day 1 about it too. Cam needs to understand that he is constantly under the microscope on the sidelines, and needs to act accordingly.

#17 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthe.black.lodge
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Can't say for sure because I don't know the details of how he handles himself in the club house and locker room. Nor in the huddle for that matter.

Just to note...he's pretty direct and to the point in the huddle. He stretches outside it more of the time, gets the play...goes in calls it, clap clap clap clap clap snap

#18 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

lol bench him for showing his emotion..smfh.

If I were a coach, a grown man of 40+ years and I had to help a 23 year old kid learn to mature, I'd take the active step and call him over to go over strategy or stand beside me and point out things that's going on in the game. Obviously Rivera can't do that, he's busy coaching the game. Chud can't, he's upstairs calling the plays. Who's next? In most cases, it should be DA and/or the QB coach.

And this is basically what Smitty did, except in a Smitty way...

Hate to break it to you, but not all emotions should be shown. That is what makes someone a leader or not. Not wearing your heart on your tear stained sleave when the chips are down.

#19 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

Some of the stuff that Cam does is the same stuff that Jay Cutler does and has done since he came into the league

yeah Cutler is someone you want your franchise quarterback to be, model himself like isnt he?

#20 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

Hate to break it to you, but not all emotions should be shown. That is what makes someone a leader or not. Not wearing your heart on your tear stained sleave when the chips are down.

There are different types of leaders, I don't like the moping kind, I prefer some fire.

Manning 1 and Brady are leaders because of their work ethic first in last out type thing, and also get up in their teammates asses every now and again.

Manning 2 is cool and collected and does not seem to get rattled.

Rivers' teammates will walk through fire for him as they know he hates to lose and you can tell it on the sidelines, and he never throws them under the bus.

Everybody is different, Cam will mature and will be a good leader, he just has to find his way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users