Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Id say man up and kick ass.

#32 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Rivera said he would handle Cam "his way", so if you were the coach of the Panthers, how would you handle Cam and his sideline tactics? Do you bench him for a game? A half? A quarter or a few drives? He may act like he gets it, but when the chips are down, he always reverts back to his old ways. I've never even seen Cam look at arial photos or talk with teammates on how to execute better or recognize what the defense is doing. He needs to be a team player and even more-so a team leader. If love that Smitty chewed him out, but if Smitty was wrong for doing it, how would you handle Cam and his emotional rollercoaster? Flame away and JIF appoved!!

Bench his ass....Nothing sends a better "you're not above the team" message

#33 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Bench him for what? C'mon, tell us exactly what he should be benched for a give us a specific example.

What about others? Do any other members of our team deserve a benching after that performance?

Enlighten us please.

#34 NineOhTheRino

NineOhTheRino

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Cam could place a call to Matt Ryan of the Falcons. I think listening to a humble winner like Ryan would help Cam greatly. I don't think getting yelled at by a narcissistic idiot with a Napoleon complex will do much in the long term.

#35 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Cam could place a call to Matt Ryan of the Falcons. I think listening to a humble winner like Ryan would help Cam greatly. I don't think getting yelled at by a narcissistic idiot with a Napoleon complex will do much in the long term.

Yeah Ryan could tell Cam what it's like to win a playoff game.

Or Cam could tell Matty what it feels like to win a National Championship and go undefeated.

#36 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

I can't believe how fugging silly some foolks are. Are you seriously making so much out of Cam's towel just because the media decided too?

The guy sits on the side with a fugging towel on his head and all you folks sit and read all kinds of crazy ish into it. I simply can't with you folks.

Is every player the media turn into a side-show you're going to run with and add your crazy two cent. You should be more concerned with your receiver but instead you concerned about a kid the media has decided to turn into their own personal reality show because he helpd a not so media friendly college team win a championship. Think about that?

You have now placed Cam into the same barrel and Dez Bryant, Terrelle Owens, and Chad Ocho, based on nothing more than media fodder.

Yep, you are really looking for a championship team with this kid aren't you.

#37 NineOhTheRino

NineOhTheRino

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

How many SB level QBs uses towels?

#38 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

How would I handle Cam???

Give him a defense

#39 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,024 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Bench him for what?? have the tv camera in his face at every turn. Remember it's those in the media who dispise Cam who is making all this ish up and reading their usual, Cam is arrogant and needs to be taught a less BS into everything he does. Remember their ONLY proof of the media has of Cam's so called arrogance is his entertainer/Icon misquote that they took and made so much out of. So far, this kid hasn't done a darn thing to warrant the treatment he has been receiving from so many ego driven A-holes in our media.

It's more like they are the ones who are spinning any little thing about him into something negative to help push that 2nd year slump story they have created already about him.

GET THE PICTURE.

#40 Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationTampa Florida Area

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Tell you guys what, if you don't want Cam Newton, how about a trade for Josh Freeman,
straight up ?
We could have and should have beat the Cowboys, and Freeman stunk up the place, even missing hand offs to our Running Back Doug Martin.

He hits our tight end with a man on top of him, yet had daylight to run for the first down. Then he guns the ball on an unsuspecting running back, and causes an jump ball interception.

He telegraphs his throws, and holds the ball too long. He sucks, so let's trade for Cam Newton ?

#41 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,078 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

Tell you guys what, if you don't want Cam Newton,  how about a trade for Josh Freeman,
straight up ?
We could have and should have beat the Cowboys, and Freeman stunk up the place, even missing hand offs to our Running Back Doug Martin.

He hits our tight end with a man on top of him, yet had daylight to run for the first down. Then he guns the ball on an unsuspecting running back, and causes an jump ball interception.

He telegraphs his throws, and holds the ball too long. He sucks, so let's trade for Cam Newton ?

Leave it to a Bucs fan to cheer us up ;)

And only the retards are dogging Cam around here, the rest of us just don't feel like wading into the idiocy.

#42 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hate to break it to you, but not all emotions should be shown. That is what makes someone a leader or not. Not wearing your heart on your tear stained sleave when the chips are down.

I didn't say it was a desirable quality, but benching someone because they're showing some emotion is ridiculous. He didn't break down and cry, he didn't cease to function. His facial expressions are being blown way out of proportion.

#43 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

how would i handle him? leave him in there and make him go through the maturation he's going to have to go through if he ever wants to reach his full potential. don't ask him to alter his play any, keep everything the exact same.... so really i would do nothing different with him

#44 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Bench him for what?? have the tv camera in his face at every turn. Remember it's those in the media who dispise Cam who is making all this ish up and reading their usual, Cam is arrogant and needs to be taught a less BS into everything he does. Remember their ONLY proof of the media has of Cam's so called arrogance is his entertainer/Icon misquote that they took and made so much out of. So far, this kid hasn't done a darn thing to warrant the treatment he has been receiving from so many ego driven A-holes in our media.

It's more like they are the ones who are spinning any little thing about him into something negative to help push that 2nd year slump story they have created already about him.

GET THE PICTURE.

I know the media is milking the whole "Cam is selfish/arrogant" story. That's how it goes with those clowns. I'm not really bothered with that...

What I'm saying is, Cam needs some tough love. Cam is the greatest player this organization has ever seen, but he needs to learn a thing or two about leadership. I'm as big a fan of Cam as anyone, but there is a reason Smitty went off on him, there is a reason Gross and Kalil spoke to him. Bench him for a game and see how he handles that. It's about sending a message. This is about the team...not a single individual. I don't know a single competitor that enjoys losing, so the whole "that's, because Cam hates to lose" argument makes no sense to me.

All the great ones took it on the chin their 1st few years, and they learned and grew from that experience. Again, I'm sure no one on that team like losing, but guess what...they are professionals. They get paid to do this, just like we get paid at our jobs. You still have a job to do.

#45 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,327 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.