83 replies to this topic

#1 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

AdamSchefter: Great line from @SI_PeterKing: "i think Torrey Smith should teach Life Lessons 101 to Cam Newton."

Look, I get it. What Torrey Smith did last night was pretty amazing. He overcame an amazing tragedy, played a very good game, and was instrumental in the Ravens beating the Patriots. But this needs to stop.

Comparing Cam being incredibly competitive to a guy who just lost his brother is something that doesn't even make sense.

No one ever said Jordan needed to "stop sulking".

Competitiveness should be consider an attribute, not something that is frowned upon. Cam hates losing. Who doesn't? If you don't, then you're playing the wrong game. Sure, some guys are there to just get a paycheck, put some money into their bank account, and go home. That's not Cam. Cam is determined to put this team on his back and carry our team to the Lombardi Trophy.

How is that not admirable?

If I had kids that played football, I would want them to act like Cam. I wouldn't want them acting like somebody who just floats by. When you play a game, you play to be the best. You play to win the game. It should piss Cam off that our defense couldn't stop a damn thing. It should piss Cam off that the play calling gets weird in the opponent's territory.

I would want my kid to be like Cam, much the same as the be like Mike campaign.

#2 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

Read that quote this morning...

The ignorance put me into a foul mood

#3 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,713 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

Haters gonna pile on. No wonder Cam is mind fugged. Everybody is just waiting in line to kick him.

#4 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

This is getting to be ridiculous. Such is the fallout when you embarass yourself on national tv though.

#5 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

I just don't understand what Cam has to do with Torrey Smith....that statement is bullshit and another direct shot at Cam.

#6 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Only if we didn't trade a 2nd for Armanti Edwards, we would've have that 2nd last year to take Torrey Smith. I love that guy.

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

I just don't understand what Cam has to do with Torrey Smith....that statement is bullshit and another direct shot at Cam.

Probably saying, imagine if Cam loss someone, how would he react to playing in a game?

#8 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

Inflammatory statement. Everyone knows what he is trying to say, but in my opinion, its stupid. Who's to say how Cam would react if a really serious tragedy hit his life?

Again I get what he's trying to say, but I think he's an asshole for saying it.

BTW, that was the longest blurp he's written about Cam this season. Last week after he beat the Saints, nothing. Thats all you need to know.

#9 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

Probably saying, imagine if Cam loss someone, how would he react to playing in a game?

That statement is fuging stupid.

Grief is something handled by each individual person. There is not a correct way to handle it. Just because Smith played his ass off because of it doesn't mean anyone else on earth would.

#10 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,045 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Stupid quote is stupid. There's absolutely no basis on which to make that comparison and there's no reason to suggest Cam needs "life lessons". Cam was disappointed he played so bad and the team got embarrassed. If he wasn't, THEN he might need some lessons, some football lessons. Cam didn't go cut his wrists or get drunk or something like that. He was emotionally and physically drained and showed it. He could have handled it better, but it's not like he went all Derek Anderson or Dennis Green or anything.

#11 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,485 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Cam, we beg you to stop eating babies. It really reflects poorly on your character.

-- The national media

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

That statement is fuging stupid.

Grief is something handled by each individual person. There is not a correct way to handle it. Just because Smith played his ass off because of it doesn't mean anyone else on earth would.

Its about how Cam should be more of a leader even while he's loosing on the field.

I guess tell Favre he shouldve stayed home after his father's death.

#13 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Article is about how Cam should be more of a leader even while he's loosing on the field.

I guess tell Favre he shouldve stayed home after his father's death.

I don't even comprehend wtf you're talking about.

I didn't say anyone should stay home. I said that everyone handles something differently.

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,770 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

As fans we need to get a grip on how we should accept Cam's gameplay, does everyone accept Cam to be that high skill player that can sometimes take over a game and win for you or that player that takes on a greater leadership role and utilize the tools at his disposal as a franchise quarterback.

#15 NorthTryon

NorthTryon

Pay The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

That fat oaf been frothing at the mouth to take another shot a Cam. Torrey Smith is grieving right now and he chooses to compare situations because he has a personal be against Cam. This is stupid and someone needs to call him out for this. The fact that Schefter agrees and retweeted what he said ... eff it, I ain't listening to these twerps anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com