• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#46 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

What the fug is leading? Cam leads by how the team is performing..him cheering on the sideline isn't going to change that score last thursday one bit. I don't give a fug what the media or boneheaded fans like you think, there is nothing wrong with the way cam acted.

Newton himself said he needed to work on his demeanor. Is he boneheaded too?

#47 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

What the fug is leading? Cam leads by how the team is performing..him cheering on the sideline isn't going to change that score last thursday one bit. I don't give a fug what the media or boneheaded fans like you think, there is nothing wrong with the way cam acted.

I really don't get this. You just describe following how the rest of the guys play.

And its not cheering on the sidelines its about actively figuring out what the defense is doing and adjusting. Maybe we can't see it because Chud is communicating with him through the headset in the booth but there is an apparent lack of communication when you look at the whole team and Cam is scapegoat #1.

#48 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,083 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

I can see why you need to ask what is leading.

If you really think that Cam firing guys up on the sidelines and encouraging them to up their game wouldn't have an impact on their performance and by extension the games final outcome then maybe I'm not the bonehead.

#49 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

The guy has to learn how to survive the highs and lows. Celebrating while down 17 and acting like he just lost the Super bowl on the last play in the press conference doesnt invoke a whole lot of confidence. I remember when the Jake entered the huddle down 17 in the Jacksonville game. He immediately told the guys they were going to win. The announcers said the team was immediately playing better and all he did was hand off twice to start the drive.

#50 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

I can see why you need to ask what is leading.

If you really think that Cam firing guys up on the sidelines and encouraging them to up their game wouldn't have an impact on their performance and by extension the games final outcome then maybe I'm not the bonehead.

Whatever anybody's specific definition of leading is, it's not hiding on the bench. Nobody can argue that is showing leadership.

#51 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Haters gonna pile on. No wonder Cam is mind fugged. Everybody is just waiting in line to kick him.

He brings it on himself bro

Look, the sky is the limit with him and he has the physical tools to be a MVP of this league, but he got his ass wooped on Thursday night in front of the entire country and then like a little 8 year old baby he grabbed his ball and went sulking back to mommy.

The TD celebration was immature and to be honest, offensive.
The press conference made him sound like even more of a baby.

PS: Another reason for this is because pretty much everyone, especially the "analysts" and "writers" had this dude labeled as a bust coming out of college. He proved them wrong as he took the league by storm LY, now the people who called him a bust want to clench to anything that could make them seem they were at least partially right.

EDIT: Peter King is one of the "nice guys" who started this whole sh1tstorm with Cam and that whole entertainer and icon thing last season.

#52 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

I was waiting for the frothing Starbucks monster to weigh in and take a shot at Cam. Cam won't talk to King

#53 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

I was waiting for the frothing Starbucks monster to weigh in and take a shot at Cam. Cam won't talk to King

Haha not going to lie this made me LOL. Have you ever seen King's teeth? Anyone who thinks they should drink coffee 10 times a day better have a great dental plan.

I've said before that King is an interesting beat writer to read and his MMQB is usually good.

Everyone who meets him has pleasant things to say about him. My buddy pours beers in Hickory for the Crawdads and King came by a summer or two ago and my friend said he is a nice, humble man who tips extremely well.

However, he is the same writer as Prisco, Scott Fowler (almost an insult to these other guys to even mention Fowler in the same breath here), Florio, etc. He's a writer. He needs people to read his stuff. He has a job as a professional pot stirrer and his article last year painting Cam as a kid who wants to be a celebrity instead of a FB players is proof of that.

King's true genius is that he hides his troll tendencies better than the rest.

#54 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Deep down, I think some of the media want Cam to fail. They can't get over their pre-draft perception of him

#55 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Deep down, I think some of the media want Cam to fail. They can't get over their pre-draft perception of him

Bingo

#56 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

Ditto.

Cam made all the "experts" and "analysts" look like a bunch of dudes on a message board after his rookie season.

#57 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,965 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

It amazes me that Schefter or anyone else would say this is a "great quote."

Do any of them realize how insulting that is towards Torrey Smith? His brother just died. That's not something you hope for. That's not something one hopes to encounter in order to have a "learning experience" or "life lesson." And Smith chose to play last night because that's how he felt best to deal with it. What does that have to do with football or changing Cam's perceived attitude?

I'm just dumbfounded at how much hate there is bubbling under the surface for Cam. These guys have been waiting for a chance to hate. Every Under Armour commercial. Every Gatorade commercial. They can't stand it. It was like being their parents and having to watch a black child enter into their segregated school for the first time - EVERY TIME they saw Cam on TV.

King should retire. To use Torrey Smith's family tragedy as an opportunity to belittle another is just beyond fathomable... And not just any other person - but a guy who denied him an interview last year based off of his previous comments about him.

Peter Queen, you are a b*tch and I am disgusted with you. Again, it's not even about babying our QB. It's just that disturbing to me that they'd even bring up Smith's situation in such a "ho-hum" manner. "Hey, this guy's brother died yesterday... What an awesome life lesson! This is a teaching moment for that other colored fellow I had a problem with last year!"

Go baste your turkey neck, fatty.

#58 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,649 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

losing a game is equal to losing your brother and therefor you should respond to both the same way. got it.

moron.

#59 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,965 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Just unbelievably petty and lacks any and all foresight and empathy. One of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. And I have no idea how SI would even approve such idiocy being published in any form.

#60 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,142 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

It amazes me that Schefter or anyone else would say this is a "great quote."

Do any of them realize how insulting that is towards Torrey Smith? His brother just died. That's not something you hope for. That's not something one hopes to encounter in order to have a "learning experience" or "life lesson." And Smith chose to play last night because that's how he felt best to deal with it. What does that have to do with football or changing Cam's perceived attitude?

I'm just dumbfounded at how much hate there is bubbling under the surface for Cam. These guys have been waiting for a chance to hate. Every Under Armour commercial. Every Gatorade commercial. They can't stand it. It was like being their parents and having to watch a black child enter into their segregated school for the first time - EVERY TIME they saw Cam on TV.

King should retire. To use Torrey Smith's family tragedy as an opportunity to belittle another is just beyond fathomable... And not just any other person - but a guy who denied him an interview last year based off of his previous comments about him.

Peter Queen, you are a b*tch and I am disgusted with you. Again, it's not even about babying our QB. It's just that disturbing to me that they'd even bring up Smith's situation in such a "ho-hum" manner. "Hey, this guy's brother died yesterday... What an awesome life lesson! This is a teaching moment for that other colored fellow I had a problem with last year!"

Go baste your turkey neck, fatty.

Dude go read some of the tweets getting sent to Schef and King regarding that comment. Wow. Glad to see people thinking that was classless, too.

Both of those guys lost some respect from me after this. Not that it matters to them though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com