• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#71 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

what the hell does Torrey Smith have to do with Cam Newton, christ the media have no sense of reservation - using a young man's death to make a point against a player you don't like is not only immature, it's kind of disgusting

#72 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

what the hell does Torrey Smith have to do with Cam Newton, christ the media have no sense of reservation - using a young man's death to make a point against a player you don't like is not only immature, it's kind of disgusting

Its sad really. I cant imagine having that much hate for a human being I would make light of someone's loss like that. And a few Huddlers have the gall to say "deal with it". fug outta here wit this weak disrespectful poo.

#73 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

King knew exactly what is he doing, he knows who his audience is. If he wanted to chastise Newton's behavior he could've did so without using Torrey Smith's deceased brother to do so. That is disgusting and shows you the fake soapbox his type is willing to stand on.

Agree 110% with this statement.

I said in another thread that fans have nice things to say about King when they meet him in public, and he does appear to be a humble, nice man.

The fact is that King is no different than Florio, Prisco, Gregg Doyel, etc. He is a paid sh*t stirrer.

The only difference is King does an excellent job of disguising his troll tendencies.

His comment is something I would expect to read on a Falcons message board, not from the national NFL writer of the year.

#74 4Corners

4Corners

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

double post

#75 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

I think Peter is saying Cam doesn't need to say the team is an embarrassment and act like a child because we got blown out in Week 3 by the defending Super Bowl Champs.

I would have lost respect for Cam if he didn't say the team was an embarrassment. They should have been ashamed of themselves, from the coaches down to the water boy.

Vince Wilfork today talked to the press about the NE D hanging the offense out to dry. I want to see our defensive leaders like Beason come out and take responsibility for their actions. We put too much pressure on the O to go down and score everytime and that creates mistakes. Get some stops early in the game and give the O a chance to get in rhythm and figure out the opposing D.

#76 4Corners

4Corners

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

what's sad is if Smith hadn't had that monster game last night, I wonder what the same pundits would be saying about him?

The two situations had zero in common.

What's it going to take? for Cam to lose a family member to be a leader?

#77 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Totally disrespectful to Torrey Smith.

Between the media and our resident ass clowns here, there is plenty hate flowing.

#78 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

Peter Douche

#79 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

I think what King was getting at(but stated poorly)was that Cam should stop loosing perspective after every loss. He didnt just loose the Super Bowl and his attitude should portray that he had learned from the mistakes of the game(not conveyed with his Giants didnt do anything comment)and that there are still opportunities ahead(he looked like he was about ready to declare the season over).

#80 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Yes actually they are.

They have already established their mental toughness and maturity.

As much as I love what he can do for the franchise Cam has yet to prove either and putting an end to the pouting would be a great first step.

No actually they're not... in fact an established, fully matured leader should know better so it's an even bigger offense, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users