70 replies to this topic

#16 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

I really don't understand how they've been able to stay afloat. They are actually a member of AAHA, which I'm planning on contacting them too.

Yesterday, the tech told me that she administers rabies vaccines, she said they aren't supposed to do that, only the Dr.'s are supposed to.

#17 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

You might have a case against the owner of the dog, too. It sounds like you have serious damage to your hand.

#18 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Please help that cat out that theyve stuck in the cage - what a bunch of sick bastards

#19 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,392 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Contact the labor board.

#20 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

Please help that cat out that theyve stuck in the cage - what a bunch of sick bastards

my jaw hit the floor when I read that...It absolutely breaks my heart how people treat animals

Makes me so happy that I rescued my doggie...

#21 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Agree with others who have suggested seeing a lawyer. Seems to be the most logical thing to do. You need advice from a professional - someone that can help expedite your care while also protecting your rights as an employee.

#22 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

as well as get that sh*thole closed down so those poor animals are taken care of properly...they should be ashamed to call themselves vets...

shame on them! I hope they rot

#23 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

This morning about 7:30 I let the cat out and let her roam. She's still out & they haven't said anything about it.

I'm having a real difficult time working here. I can't just quit either. At least while I have been here, I know the animals I'm responsible for are being taken care of.

They used to have a lot of business. But now they are lucky to have 2 surgeries & 2 dentals a week and 3-5 appointments a day for 3 days a week. My hours are m-w-f 7:30-12:30 and tue& th 7:30-5:30. Most of my time here is spent doing nothing because I can do my job in about 2 hrs and then I'm done. I'm supposed to stay busy during off time. I've been here for just over a month and I've cleaned this place top to bottom and it still looks and smells like poo. I guess after years of neglect this place really needs bulldozed. Oh I didn't even mention the run. The run is an approximately 25×25 fenced in area where the
dogs go use the bathroom. Its so gross! For at least 50 years dogs have been eliminating out there. Its rank, let me tell you!! Can you imagine 50+ years of urine & poo? The poo is scooped but the urine is not.
I still can't get over how he's housing chickens here too. He also has bees.

I think the hardest part for me to deal with is knowing what's happening and feeling so helpless about it.

#24 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,431 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

We can get the animal liberation front to free em all and burn that fuger to the ground.

Posted Image

#25 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Whatever you do don't quit.

Keep doing what you're doing, document, document, and document some more. Every little detail will be helpful in your WC case.

And yeah, Lawyer up. There's not much else to do until you do that. Once you are represented then things will start moving faster and in the right direction.

I've done a couple dozen workers comp claims in my time and you have what appears to be a clear case. Good luck!

Oh yeah, one last thing. If they offer you a settlement in the workers comp case, don't take the first 3 offers, no matter what. My WC lawyer told me that they set aside what they can afford to pay, and then offer about 20% of it to start. In the case I was dealing with, they had set aside $85k and the employee settled for $25k.

#26 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Can the health dept not do anything?

If I were you...If I was about to talk to someone who was about to drop their animal off for surgery..I'd point them to the nearest exit and tell them to fuging run.

If you want to see your pet alive again...walk away...and walk quickly

#27 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,156 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

Even if you are broke you need to contact an attorney, and stat.

Start writing everything you see down.

Also write down everyday what is going on with your hand, how it feels, what you can't do, that you have been denied help in getting to see a doctor, etc. You are talking about a big deal here.

#28 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

i called the health dept they told me to call environmental health. I called them and had to leave a msg.

the problems with this place are horrible and not just with the building. the people are tainted too.

my life was pretty close to perfect before i got this ***** of a job.

#29 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,080 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

i called the health dept they told me to call environmental health. I called them and had to leave a msg.

the problems with this place are horrible and not just with the building. the people are tainted too.

my life was pretty close to perfect before i got this ***** of a job.

DON'T rely solely on the labor board/workers comp commission to tell you what you need to know about your claim. Get a lawyer ASAP who can help you through the WC thing. The WC insurance company for the employer will try to stick it to you and get off with paying as little as possible. You may have a permanent or at least long-term disability that may hinder your ability to work in your chosen field, or in any field. Do NOT take that for granted.

#30 sunbunny

sunbunny

• HUDDLER
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Make sure you gave the vet a letter stating what happened and when and kept a copy for yourself. You have 30 days from the date of the accident to file it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com