Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith is a prick.

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Not going to sit through the commercial to watch your enlightening video but thanks a bushel.

Posted

This is why I didn't want Chad Johnson on this team and I'm glad he's not. Yes he and Smitty were teammates in college. Yes they had fun going back and forth trying to top each other with TD celebrations. However, Steve Smith has grown as a man, as a leader, and so much more. Ocho Cinco may not be in the league soon, but Smitty, he's a potential hall of famer. While Chad was putting on pretend gold jackets, Smitty has been on the field focused on the game. Not for self accolades, but to bring a Championship to Carolina. When you have the talent and ability and you put your heart into the team the records and all that nice stuff will follow. Steve has had his moments, but can you name one wide out in the league right now that wasn't drafted in the first round that you'd rather have than him? No you can't cause while a lot of guys were handed their spot, Smitty fought for his and kept it. From special teams to #1 receiver.

With age factored in....I'd trade Smitty for Mike Wallace.

Posted

Clearly a thug and terrible human being

Posted

I always wanted and still hope to be financially able to help the less fortunate like Steve does.

Right now though, I am the less fortunate. Good job Smitty.

Posted

His number is going to be retired in carolina. But this team let him down. If he had left us for NE or GB or Indy he would have rings and just be waiting for the hof.

Posted

His number is going to be retired in carolina. But this team let him down. If he had left us for NE or GB or Indy he would have rings and just be waiting for the hof.

Team hasn't let him down....he has all too often been a talented problem.

Steve Smith also didn't have the luxury of going anywhere he wanted....bc of all his issues. There is bad that comes with his good....around here his bad is excused. actually it is more denied than anything.

He didn't PLAY or act like a stud vet WR on Thur....yet people only focus on Cam

Posted

Great video. Helping the less fortunate is commendable. And I think he has been a good role model off the field as well as on.

Posted

Props to Steve and his family for what they are doing.

Lots of credit to Smitty for evolving. Not an easy thing to do.

Thanks for the video link.

Posted

I've not kept this a secret over the years and in you want to dig my posts you will find me saying this but Steve Smith is a asshole, I'm a fan of thd player and not the man.

.... With that said I own a Steve smith signed authentic jersey that I probably wouldn't part with of someone offered me 5x what the jersey was worth new

Posted

I've not kept this a secret over the years and in you want to dig my posts you will find me saying this but Steve Smith is a asshole, I'm a fan of thd player and not the man.

.... With that said I own a Steve smith signed authentic jersey that I probably wouldn't part with of someone offered me 5x what the jersey was worth new

I am a fan of his talent...and what he does in the community. In the context of football, which is really the only on a care about when it comes to Carolina.....he is an immature jerk.

And yes, when being an immature jerk when put in the competitive environment of the NFL doesn't mean you can't be a good guy away from it. All accounts are Suh is a very intelligent and god guy away from football.....put him in the NFL environment and that version is an ignorant cheap punk.

Posted

I am a fan of his talent...and what he does in the community. In the context of football, which is really the only on a care about when it comes to Carolina.....he is an immature jerk.

And yes, when being an immature jerk when put in the competitive environment of the NFL doesn't mean you can't be a good guy away from it. All accounts are Suh is a very intelligent and god guy away from football.....put him in the NFL environment and that version is an ignorant cheap punk.

I have 2 friends that have done work for him and neither like him, 1 of which refuses to ever work for him again but still works with other panthers. I've only met him once and he was just ok, wasn't nice, wasn't a jerk.

Posted

How dare he step up and say something to newton acting like a baby on the sidelines.... I just wish smitty would have went, held his hand and cried a little with him...

Too bad Smitty didn't tell himself off for the way he acted on the field that night.