Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

2 grand a game or 6 grand, cheap f###s.

#32 Huffgolf30

Huffgolf30

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Personally I love it. Last night/tonights games have been the best in years. Schaub's ears getting knocked off. Let em play lol!

#33 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,597 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Steve Young is about to have a stroke...

#34 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,401 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:06 PM

If both players have their hands on the ball, regardless of who has "more" of a possession, doesn't the ball automatically go to the receiver? I thought that was the rule so that there would never be any doubt or a judgement call on this. Am I making this stuff up? I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere.

Yes and no. That applies to simultaneous possession. There was nothing simultaneous about that. The defender intercepted it, then Tate reached in and put two hands on the ball.

Green Bay got fugged big time.

#35 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Yes and no. That applies to simultaneous possession. There was nothing simultaneous about that. The defender intercepted it, then Tate reached in and put two hands on the ball.

Green Bay got fugged big time.

I thought you couldn't get possession of the ball in the air. If you catch the ball in the air but you can't bring it to the ground, it's never called a catch then fumble. It's an incomplete pass. That's the way it's always been. Tate reached in while the defender was still in the air. I don't see why that wouldn't be considered simultaneous.

#36 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Man, the Packers should have made a statement. They shouldn't have come back for the extra point. These coaches have been complaining non-stop, yet when you have a chance to make a bold statement, you don't do it? Having the Seahawks kick an extra point without the Packers on the field, would have been the lasting image of these replacement refs. The Packers missed their chance there.

#37 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

S/N: If I told you before the season we would have the same record as the packers,steelers,patriots and a better one than the saints would you have taken it?

#38 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

Man, the Packers should have made a statement. They shouldn't have come back for the extra point. These coaches have been complaining non-stop, yet when you have a chance to make a bold statement, you don't do it? Having the Seahawks kick an extra point without the Packers on the field, would have been the lasting image of these replacement refs. The Packers missed there chance there.

wouldn't the Packers get disqualified for that?

#39 CamX

CamX

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

That game was GREAT! No crying, very entertaining, great finish!

#40 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Man, the Packers should have made a statement. They shouldn't have come back for the extra point. These coaches have been complaining non-stop, yet when you have a chance to make a bold statement, you don't do it? Having the Seahawks kick an extra point without the Packers on the field, would have been the lasting image of these replacement refs. The Packers missed there chance there.

I agree.

#41 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

From what I understand it doesn't have to be simultaneous initially, just before defender would be considered down.

#42 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

wouldn't the Packers get disqualified for that?

What do you mean by disqualified?

#43 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,130 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

The best thing about this fiasco is that the Packers are going to fume all week and then ram the Saints with no lube whatsoever.

#44 AR-15 Panther

AR-15 Panther

Cough "Here" Cough

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

That game was GREAT! No crying, very entertaining, great finish!

#45 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,401 posts

I thought you couldn't get possession of the ball in the air. If you catch the ball in the air but you can't bring it to the ground, it's never called a catch then fumble. It's an incomplete pass. That's the way it's always been. Tate reached in while the defender was still in the air. I don't see why that wouldn't be considered simultaneous.

A catch is not completed until the player is down and maintains possession. That is true. And yes, the rule is the tie on simultaneous possession goes to the receiver. But in this case there was no tie. The defender had the ball intercepted and kept possession all the way to the ground. He had both his hands on it. Only after it was intercepted did Tate reach in and also get his two hands on the remaining parts of the ball.

At least, that is how I would have ruled in my unprofessional capacity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.