159 replies to this topic

#61 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Tate still reached in while Jennings was still in the air. You can't "complete" an interception while still in the air, the same way a receiver can't complete a pass before making it to the ground.

I'll bet tomorrow, the vast majority of football analysts agree with me that GB got jobbed.

#62 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

Jesus megdeth are you just trying to be a contrarian or are you really that stupid?

#63 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,989 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

I'll bet tomorrow, the vast majority of football analysts agree with me that GB got jobbed.

I can analyze football too. I don't care. GB getting jobbed is a more interesting story anyhow. They're automatically going to go down that route. They don't care about being right.

Jesus megdeth are you just trying to be a contrarian or are you really that stupid?

Not sure how I upset you. You could always disagree and say why. That would be cool.

#64 JCNurse

JCNurse

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:42 PM

I saw that coming

---Ray Charles

#65 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,149 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

A catch is not completed until the player is down and maintains possession. That is true. And yes, the rule is the tie on simultaneous possession goes to the receiver. But in this case there was no tie. The defender had the ball intercepted and kept possession all the way to the ground. He had both his hands on it. Only after it was intercepted did Tate reach in and also get his two hands on the remaining parts of the ball.

At least, that is how I would have ruled in my unprofessional capacity.

Yep.

It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.

Posted Image

#66 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

If both players have their hands on the ball, regardless of who has "more" of a possession, doesn't the ball automatically go to the receiver? I thought that was the rule so that there would never be any doubt or a judgement call on this. Am I making this stuff up? I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere.

not only that, but what ISN'T being mentioned, the player must go to the ground with control of the ball. The defensive back didn't have solo possession going to the ground. Rule reads, the catch goes to the offense. Period.

This is why the defensive back just should have batted the ball away.

#67 SgtJ00

SgtJ00

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,149 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

not only that, but what ISN'T being mentioned, the player must go to the ground with control of the ball. The defensive back didn't have solo possession going to the ground. Rule reads, the catch goes to the offense. Period.

This is why the defensive back just should have batted the ball away.

Not true. If the defender establishes control of the ball first and the receiver gets it back, it's not considered simultaneous possession. It's an interception.

#68 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

Posted Image

#69 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 5

"If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control,"

#70 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

[attachment=4670:Refs.png]

#71 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

it's weird because the review people upstairs are the regular guys from years past; you would think they would have told the booth ref that that was a clear interception.

#72 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

Watched the entire fourth quarter.

Pretty fricking exciting game.

I don't feel bad for the Packers. Boo hoo.

#73 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

What a disaster for the league. That's embarrassing.

#74 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,074 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

Dear dipsh*ts,

the review was not to see who actually had possession. dual possession is a judgement call and cannot be overturned in a review. the review was did tate maintain possession when he landed, which he did.

#75 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationWashington, North Carolina

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Lol. . . looking at the replay again, one of Tate's hands wasn't even on the ball going down, he was grabbing onto Jennings' arm trying to get leverage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.