159 replies to this topic

#91 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

So for everyone saying he should have battled the ball down, I take it you missed the Lions game yesterday

#92 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

Didnt watch the game, slept through it. Saw the highlights, but how many games can we say last year the real refs screwed us over wit some stupid calls.

#93 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,739 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Posted Image

#94 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:07 AM

Man...some of you people on here are retarded. If you really think Tate had it and call was right you are blinder than poo. No offense.

#95 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,095 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

These replacements do seem to be having a harder time getting the calls right than the regular refs, not to say there weren't numerous bad calls last year too.

This league makes more than enough money that they should be able to meet the refs demands. Are the demands really that unreasonable to justify all this grief?

#96 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

It goes beyond money. The refs don't want any sort of system of accountability. The NFL doesn't want to wait til the year is over to be able to hold a referee accountable for the sort of BS calls we've been seeing since long before the replacements took over. The NFL also wants to have a secondary group of officials so they're not so dependent on the same group of guys every time but the good ol' boys club doesn't want to let anyone else in.

Even beyond the other things, just strictly talking about the money side of it, the NFL is a business. There's no such thing as "they have enough money to just cave in to the employee's demands so they should just do it". It sets a bad precedent.

#97 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,095 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

The referees are looking for increased salaries, improved retirement benefits, and want to make some changes to various operational issues. The NFL, not surprisingly, doesn’t want to spend more money on officials. The financial difference between the two sides amounts to around $4 million per year. To put this figure into perspective, the NFL makes over $9 billion in revenue each year. The NFL has locked out its referees in order to save about 1/2250 of its yearly revenue — approximately one twentieth of one percent.

http://www.opposingv...ing-over-inches

#98 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,278 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

So I guess you missed the other phantom calls like the PI on shields and the roughing the passer that negated the interception that would have led to at least a green bay field goal, effectively ending the game.

Homeboy went low on the Quarterback. And he did it after the ball was thrown. No disputing that one. Roughing the passer. It wouldn't be a penalty had the injury to carson palmer not happened a few years back.

#99 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

How are they coming up with these refs? Every fuging person who watched this game knew that wasn't simultaneous possession.

Give these fools some sort of review committee or something.

#100 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:41 AM

Nothing like this has happened that I can ever remember. The closest possible thing I can think of was the 07 cowboys game at home where that douche made a horrible call against smith and then ejected him for making contact with an official. As egregious as that was it didn't cost us the game. The next bad call in that gamewas the "roughing the kicker" on the tipped field goal that was replayed and not corrected. I still don't think that rises to the level that we saw last night and thats one game in 17 years where I question whether we actually lost bc of the refs.

This is a comparison between a bad holding call here and there to costing an entire game due to incompetence. It's an embarrassment.

Didnt watch the game, slept through it. Saw the highlights, but how many games can we say last year the real refs screwed us over wit some stupid calls.

#101 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

The NFL is not your average business. In most businesses parts are eventually interchangable and can be replaced if the owner is willing to invest enough time and money into training and development. Not the case here. The officials have shown themselves to be a unique commodity who aren't replaceable. Also not sure what business owner wants to knowingly expose his product to ridicule and on a national stage all in the name of proving a point.

It goes beyond money. The refs don't want any sort of system of accountability. The NFL doesn't want to wait til the year is over to be able to hold a referee accountable for the sort of BS calls we've been seeing since long before the replacements took over. The NFL also wants to have a secondary group of officials so they're not so dependent on the same group of guys every time but the good ol' boys club doesn't want to let anyone else in.

Even beyond the other things, just strictly talking about the money side of it, the NFL is a business. There's no such thing as "they have enough money to just cave in to the employee's demands so they should just do it". It sets a bad precedent.

#102 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,200 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Homeboy went low on the Quarterback. And he did it after the ball was thrown. No disputing that one. Roughing the passer. It wouldn't be a penalty had the injury to carson palmer not happened a few years back.

Neg rep.

You need to learn the rules. Going low on a QB is only roughing when the QB is standing in the pocket. In this case Wilson was a running back as he was nearly to the sidelines running at an angle toward the line of scrimmage. And guess what, you probably need to watch the film again as you've obviously made up your mind without seeing what really transpired. Wilson had not even finished his follow through when he was tackled, which is inconsequential regardless.

Should have been a no-call, interception stands, Green Bay ball.

#103 JCNurse

JCNurse

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

Posted Image

#104 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,278 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Neg rep.

You need to learn the rules. Going low on a QB is only roughing when the QB is standing in the pocket. In this case Wilson was a running back as he was nearly to the sidelines running at an angle toward the line of scrimmage. And guess what, you probably need to watch the film again as you've obviously made up your mind without seeing what really transpired. Wilson had not even finished his follow through when he was tackled, which is inconsequential regardless.

Should have been a no-call, interception stands, Green Bay ball.

I watched it 3 or 4 times thanks. Is saying neg rep even necessary it's not like I give a damn about what others think of me on a message board xD. Moving on I think both teams were screwed a lot in this game. I also think this game should be played in dresses and they should have tea parties during halftime since you can't hit anybody anymore. However .. I have seen calls like that several times the past few seasons , tackle box or not refs don't let defenders go low on the QB if the ball isn't in their hand. Hell even if it is they still call it most of the time just like targeting penalties that arn't targeting get called.

#105 Guest_Hokebuck_*

Guest_Hokebuck_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

Just cost the Packers the game. Soooo many bogus calls. Id be sick if that happened against us

Refs made the correct call!Read The Rule Book! On the final TD! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.