#121 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

One more time. The call on the field was a touchdown. The review process cannot overturn the call on the field.

one ref was signaling touchdown, and the other one was signaling stop clock for safety

then all of a sudden touchdown wtf? No huddle with the refs, jsut cuz one out of what 6 said touchdown...its a touch down...they caved to the crowd. Just like how they have been bullied by coaches and players.

#122 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,958 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

One more time. The call on the field was a touchdown. The review process cannot overturn the call on the field.

Are you high? Or, do you really not understand the review process.

The review referee in the booth CAN ABSOLUTEY overturn the call of the field. That is the whole reason for the "review process".

#123 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Because the refs want NO accountability and won't budge.

Based on what? Literally everything I have seen about it says both sides are still apart on money. If this isnt about money, then come out with a generous offer that clearly makes it not about money, you would get public support (clearly we all want to see good officiating).

But right now, I have no reason to think this isnt about the money. Which is frankly retarded for a league like this

#124 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,793 posts

Not to be an a-hole about it, but a lot of these refs threads needs to be moved to the general football section

#125 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

May have been the intent, but they failed. If this was about accountability, then why are you lowballing the refs on money? Why not give them an offer that exceeds their demands AND requires more accountability? Make that public, put pressure on the union.

Because right now I cant tell the difference between an NFL that is trying to make refs more accountable and an NFL that is trying to save a few bucks by low-balling their refs and destroying the quality of their product

They haven't failed anything yet, it's not over. They only fail if they cave in and give the refs what they want. And I'd be willing to bet that if the refs concede the accountability and competition points the league would concede at least more than half way on the money point. Just my opinion though, no "insider info" or anything like that. I'm pretty sure the league's main goal in all this isn't to save $4mil a year, it's the two points I already mentioned as well as not establishing a precedent of giving in when an employee makes demands, which would make them look weak and have much more damaging future ramifications.

On a related note, another bet I'd be willing to make is that given a full year to prepare, and access to those D-1 refs mentioned (by way of them not caring if they lose their NCAA jobs since they'd have full NFL jobs), the game would do fine if none of the currently locked out refs came back at all. Just wouldn't be fine this year. The league has to look at the long term, not the short term.

#126 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

They haven't failed anything yet, it's not over. They only fail if they cave in and give the refs what they want. And I'd be willing to bet that if the refs concede the accountability and competition points the league would concede at least more than half way on the money point. Just my opinion though, no "insider info" or anything like that. I'm pretty sure the league's main goal in all this isn't to save $4mil a year, it's the two points I already mentioned as well as not establishing a precedent of giving in when an employee makes demands, which would make them look weak and have much more damaging future ramifications.

On a related note, another bet I'd be willing to make is that given a full year to prepare, and access to those D-1 refs mentioned (by way of them not caring if they lose their NCAA jobs since they'd have full NFL jobs), the game would do fine if none of the currently locked out refs came back at all. Just wouldn't be fine this year. The league has to look at the long term, not the short term.

Looking long term is one thing, throwing away an entire season with terrible refs is the definition of failing though. It very well could be about something other than the money, but you HAVE to put public pressure on the union if this entire thing is about accountability. Because this poo on the field right now is an embarrassment for the NFL, and is only strengthening the refs position.

#127 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Are you high? Or, do you really not understand the review process.

The review referee in the booth CAN ABSOLUTEY overturn the call of the field. That is the whole reason for the "review process".

Can they review penalties?

More importantly, can they review simultaneous possession calls? Others in the thread have said no, I dont actually know that answer

#128 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Eh, throwing away the season is a bit of an overstatement. Not having replacement officials at all, causing the season to be cancelled would be throwing away the season. As it stands so far, 1 out of 48 games has been thrown away. At this rate, that'll be roughly 2% of a season thrown away, not an entire season.

#129 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Can they review penalties?

More importantly, can they review simultaneous possession calls? Others in the thread have said no, I dont actually know that answer

I don't think a penalty can be reviewed, or that a penalty observed while reviewing for another reason can be enforced. I'm about 75% sure about that. The simultaneous possession call, absolutely. That's exactly what they should have be looking for in that situation. In my opinion there was no simultaneous possession, it was sole possession by Jennings until he was laying on the ground, and then Tate started trying to wrest the ball away from him. At no point did Tate have what could reasonably be called possession, in my opinion.

#130 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

Eh, throwing away the season is a bit of an overstatement. Not having replacement officials at all, causing the season to be cancelled would be throwing away the season. As it stands so far, 1 out of 48 games has been thrown away. At this rate, that'll be roughly 2% of a season thrown away, not an entire season.

If you think that was the first game these refs have fuged up, then I dont know what to tell you. These refs are seriously affecting the game. They dont know how to call a god damn pass interference, its literally a fuging coin-toss in some of these games. There is a reason the announcers have been blatantly calling out the god awful officiating- they are ruining games.

Would you seriously be okay with these guys going into the playoffs?

#131 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Based on what? Literally everything I have seen about it says both sides are still apart on money. If this isnt about money, then come out with a generous offer that clearly makes it not about money, you would get public support (clearly we all want to see good officiating).

But right now, I have no reason to think this isnt about the money. Which is frankly retarded for a league like this

They make 6 figures for working 16 afternoons a year. I think you and i would love to have that job no? They are part time. More benefits than any part time employee you or i know. The refs don't wanna work full time. If a part time employee walks up to you and says I DEMAND 12 AN HOUR NOT 8 what do you say back to them? Bye. I'm a football fan but i'm behind the NFL on this poo.

#132 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

If you think that was the first game these refs have fuged up, then I dont know what to tell you. These refs are seriously affecting the game. They dont know how to call a god damn pass interference, its literally a fuging coin-toss in some of these games. There is a reason the announcers have been blatantly calling out the god awful officiating- they are ruining games.

Would you seriously be okay with these guys going into the playoffs?

It's not the first call they've fuged up by any stretch, but it's the first time a fuged up call has affected the outcome of a game. Regular refs and replacement refs alike fug up plenty of calls during the course of games. Teams have time and opportunity to adjust and compensate for it in most cases. In cases where they don't, that game would fall into the 2%.

That's why you haven't seen outcomes of games adjusted after the game is over. The SD-Broncos game a few years back, the infamous bad call by Hochuli. Everyone, including Hochuli, admitted it was the wrong call. But the Chargers had an opportunity to overcome it. It was an outrage, and a blatant bad call, but it wasn't reversed because it's part of the game. I'll say this. The call at the end of this Packers-Seahawks game wasn't any more egregious or ridiculous than the Tuck rule game, that SD-Denver game, calling back JStew's run against Jax last year, or 100 other calls I've seen. It was bad, but I've seen plenty others just as bad. Hell, awarding that team (I forget which at the moment) 4 time outs yesterday was at least as bad. But it didn't directly affect the outcome of the game because it didn't happen on a game deciding last play of the game.

#133 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

They make 6 figures for working 16 afternoons a year. I think you and i would love to have that job no? They are part time. More benefits than any part time employee you or i know. The refs don't wanna work full time. If a part time employee walks up to you and says I DEMAND 12 AN HOUR NOT 8 what do you say back to them? Bye. I'm a football fan but i'm behind the NFL on this poo.

You are paid based on your value, which is a function of supply and demand. If these are the best replacements the NFL can get, then apparently the refs are worth that, maybe even more. If you're the NFL, you cant ruin your game over a few million.

Are they overpaid in the big picture? Yes, so is everyone associated with the NFL. I certainly wasnt supporting the refs at the beginning (in fact, I didnt give a poo), but this is not acceptable

#134 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

It's not the first call they've fuged up by any stretch, but it's the first time a fuged up call has affected the outcome of a game. Regular refs and replacement refs alike fug up plenty of calls during the course of games. Teams have time and opportunity to adjust and compensate for it in most cases. In cases where they don't, that game would fall into the 2%.

That's why you haven't seen outcomes of games adjusted after the game is over. The SD-Broncos game a few years back, the infamous bad call by Hochuli. Everyone, including Hochuli, admitted it was the wrong call. But the Chargers had an opportunity to overcome it. It was an outrage, and a blatant bad call, but it wasn't reversed because it's part of the game. I'll say this. The call at the end of this Packers-Seahawks game wasn't any more egregious or ridiculous than the Tuck rule game, that SD-Denver game, calling back JStew's run against Jax last year, or 100 other calls I've seen. It was bad, but I've seen plenty others just as bad. Hell, awarding that team (I forget which at the moment) 4 time outs yesterday was at least as bad. But it didn't directly affect the outcome of the game because it didn't happen on a game deciding last play of the game.

That call didnt annoy me that much, its been the overall incompetence. They are giving out challenges to teams without timeouts, giving teams 4 timeouts in a half, reviewing many more plays, but by far the biggest annoyance to me has been the inability to call pass interference correctly.

But on the bright side, between the bad refs and the Panthers depressing start I was actually sort of productive last Sunday

#135 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

You are paid based on your value, which is a function of supply and demand. If these are the best replacements the NFL can get, then apparently the refs are worth that, maybe even more. If you're the NFL, you cant ruin your game over a few million.

Are they overpaid in the big picture? Yes, so is everyone associated with the NFL. I certainly wasnt supporting the refs at the beginning (in fact, I didnt give a poo), but this is not acceptable

http://www1.whdh.com...ach-side-wants/

If they aren't willing to accept more accountability they can kick rocks. I'll give a new employee more than a month though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.