Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Tate's Game Winning Touchdown

44 posts in this topic

Posted

there were lots of shitty calls all game long that went both ways. Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference on that final play and the rest of the play would have been irrelevant and the game would have been over with a Green Bay win.

I'm home team biased just like anyone else, but I'm also objective!!! Could make the same argument that prior to the green bay touchdown there was a horrible pass interference that turned what should have been a 4th down to a first down that extended the play and led to their touchdown. It was bad all game long.

Posted

ya...good argument...until you see that after Jennings originally caught the ball, Tate got his hands on it too and got his feet on the ground first...now who has possession?

Rule says nothing about who got their feet down first. Unless Jennings lost the ball, him getting control of it first is the only part that matters.

Posted

I disagree...possession includes feet on the ground. I will see if I can find it, but one of the clips I saw was from the other angle and you can clearly see Tate has his hands on the ball as well.

At the end of the day, I really could care less....Seattle got the W...and we could argue all day long as to whether or not they should have but just like every other team out there...they've lost games that they shouldn't have either.

1 person likes this

Posted

All that matters is what was called. In my opinion the pass was intercepted as well as a failed pass interference call on Golden Tate. In the end the Seahawks still have the W.

family_guy_spiderman.jpg

Posted

Touchdown Seattle end of story! Drive home safe goodnight. :D

Posted

The real reason the NFL caved to the real refs is because the substitute refs were calling too many penalties against The Patriots.

During their game on Sunday, Belichek and Brady were incredulous that important calls weren't going their way.

Posted

I'm thinking Seattle and Carolina could play each other every week all season long with replacement refs and the league wouldn't give two shits on how many bad calls or how many games were decided because of them....but....you throw in a bad call or two with the pats, pack or other highlight teams and look out