Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who will own the Panthers after Richardson?

64 posts in this topic

Posted

Willed to steve smith

1 person likes this

Posted

i'm not worried about moving. when is the last time we had a blackout? is this team dependent on local gov't for survival like the vast majority of other teams who have to seek out tax money to pay for the stadium?

there is no incentive to leave. there are a lot smaller markets out there and a lot of teams who can't sell out games or just can't keep them from getting blacked out. those would be the ones that are more likely to be moved and even then very few of them ever are.

what happens to the team is just not something i worry about. i'm confident that jerry has a plan and much of that plan involves the team he built staying in the place he built it. in the carolinas there is no better place for it to be than in and around charlotte. i don't have to know what that plan is. i am just sure that very little will change when he's gone. i mean hurney might get the axe or whatever, but the team won't move. it will still be the carolina panthers and they will still play in charlotte.

4 people like this

Posted

I think the Panthers are owned by Richardson Sports Limited Partnership. Not sure what the Partnership is but suspect the other partners in that group would continue to own their share. I would also suspect that Jerry may have invested a bit of time in what's called "Estate Planning" and his shares of that partnership would go to those person(s). No matter what, I think Jerry is most likely planning an exit strategy that would keep the Panthers here for a while.

Even if that falls through I think some local guys can muster up a few bucks to own an NFL franchise. There is a lot of Nascar and Bank money floating around and I suspect many of these guys would like to keep the team local.

1 person likes this

Posted

We'll preserve Jerry's head in a jar like Futurama and he'll continue his glorious legacy

Posted

Group led by John Kasay/Mike Minter/Mike Rucker

Posted

confiscated by obama

moved to china by mitt romney

given to the psl's by paul ryan

lost in his dry cleaning by joe biden

covered in tiger blood by Charlie Sheen

without lawyers due to dick cheney

arrived at wrong stadum by george bush

not touching it if its ryan seacrest

1 person likes this

Posted

See I told ya nobody knows.

Posted

See I told ya nobody knows.

and i don't think there are many who are all that worried about it, either.

Posted

I was kidding but now I am starting to wonder. What would an nfl team run by ryan seacrest look like????

Posted

I was kidding but now I am starting to wonder. What would an nfl team run by ryan seacrest look like????

53317994.jpg

I could see him in the owners box.

Posted

and i don't think there are many who are all that worried about it, either.

It's worth discussing

Posted

53317994.jpg

I could see him in the owners box.

Give Simon the gm job and let paula run the offense while randy did the defense................. huh so it would look the same as it looks right now. Thanks

(JK not impling anything the lawyers with nothing to do would find offensive.)