Photo
- - - - -

Who will own the Panthers after Richardson?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#46 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,053 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Give it to Cam

#47 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

any team that gameplans better....................oh, you meant up in the box...hope not Marty McFry

#48 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

As long as we never leave Charlotte I don't care.

#49 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

It will go to his sons who still have ownership shares in the team. I know one is Mark Richardson I don't remember the other sons name who had Danny's job.

#50 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,408 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

"Who will own the Panthers after Richardson?"

hopefully someone who knows how to run a football team much better than it is being run now

#51 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

I was kidding but now I am starting to wonder. What would an nfl team run by ryan seacrest look like????

All Neon Black Uniforms Bedazzled

#52 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Oh, dont get me wrong, my statement was not a nock on Morrison (who does have a great resume.) My only point is that he was more of a "groomer" rather than a "plug in." I just mean it seems more like JR picked the guy over the job but lucked out with a guy who can also do the job. He is a JR guy through and through and I think that speaks to his future intentions with this franchise.

And to respond to someone above: I would expect a non Richardson to have control over the team than his 2 sons. Nothing JR has done indicates he wants his sons together and in control. He literally removed that situation rather publicly and embarrassingly due to their lack of cooperation on management styles.

I think "luck" had nothing to do with it. Mr. Richardson has known Danny Morrison for a long, long time, and there's a lot of mutual respect there. He never would have given Danny the job had he not been absolutely confident in his ability to handle it. I believe Mr. Richardson has been a mentor for Danny for a long time, and knows his integrity and professionalism, as well as his personal character. Danny is exactly what he wanted.

#53 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

It will go to his sons who still have ownership shares in the team. I know one is Mark Richardson I don't remember the other sons name who had Danny's job.

Jon is the other son, but he never had Danny's job. Jon was over the stadium and stadium operations, but was never president of the organization.

#54 holding80@cp.org

holding80@cp.org

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

I know two of the minority owners, the last two on the list, wordsworths, and they might try to get some of his stocks. They recently sold their company and would have no problem financing it by any means.

#55 Upper Deck West End Zone

Upper Deck West End Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

"I feel like we're in good hands as long as JR is alive."

I'm amazed someone actually feels this way. Look at the record.

#56 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

It will be "acquired" by a cabal of international bankers and powerful businessmen that will begin retooling the team as an elite hit squad.

#57 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,056 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Jerry's share of the team will likely be spread out among his family and among the group of investors that own the team, someone will buy up enough shares to control it outright.

#58 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

This question is two-fold...

I feel like we're in good hands as long as JR is alive. That said, the man is aging. So my questions are as follows:

1) Who is likely to own the team after he passes in your prediction?

2) Is there a chance at that point the Panthers would be moved out of Carolina if team support does not improve (i.e. empty seats at stadium, already smaller market, etc.)

Discussions like this make you realize that every Sunday really is pivotal in getting this franchise on the right track as well as players like Cam Newton working out.

You realize between North and South Carolina; We are the 6th biggest market in the league..

#59 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,238 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

You realize between North and South Carolina; We are the 6th biggest market in the league..

Unfortunately 80% of that market roots against the Panthers. Freaking sad, man.

#60 PantherBlue

PantherBlue

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

My guess is one of his sons, if not both take ownership of the Panthers. But if not, then I at least hope he finds someone with ties to the Carolina's so we don't get shipped off to California..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com