Photo
- - - - -

What Panthers Media are we allowed to post on the Huddle?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#31 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

AK, I think accredited means that the media outlet has access to Panthers practices. That would mean, for the most part, most newspapers with a reporter present, local radio stations that send a reporter there, etc.

If I had heard your podcast maybe it would have stayed, dunno, but generally if it pimps another Panthers fan website it shall be bant. Generally if it mentions any other website or any other medium where somebody is trying to make money then it can be bant from this website because said person could be posting it here to try to drum up bidness for their endeavor.

#32 hdevonxz

hdevonxz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:01 PM

Not allowed: Links to blogs, fan sites, etc less this place becomes spam central for every Tom, Brett and Harry for pimping their own awesome website.

Don't see where that seems like a huge problem, people have linked to sites like those a whole 3 times?

#33 The Answer

The Answer

Don't panic, it's organic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

ak you're literally a child that no one takes seriously and the panthers would be better off as an organization if you just died in a wood chipping accident

hope that helps

Oh God, I like you both but I can't stop laughing.

<3

#34 GiveEmThePaw

GiveEmThePaw

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:26 AM

Allowed: Article snippets from accredited media along with an accompanied link to the full content.

Not allowed: Links to blogs, fan sites, etc less this place becomes spam central for every Tom, Brett and Harry for pimping their own awesome website.

All right. After finding so many posts in this thread I had to respond...

Zod, here it is, out in the open for all to read. Read carefully.

AK chose to post the info on the show, the one I produce weekly, on his own. He was doing something that he felt would be of interest to other Panthers fans. I'm not certain I see anything wrong with that.

Second, if you consider that spam no problem. But I would like to point out that within the blogosphere, the one of which you are a part, there is an unspoken code. I hate the word community but for lack of a better word I use it here. The blogging community is made up of people who are not only passionate about what they write but who are willing to help out their fellow blogger. Normally, this is done by exchanging links which are placed in the blog rolls of each site.

I requested a link exchange with Carolina Huddle months ago but was ignored. I further went through the proper channels to clear the postings of each of the show's episodes here on the forum. Again, I was ignored. Not even so much as an explanation that any posting of this sort would be considered spam and would, as a result, be deleted.

Third, I extended an invitation to you and any of your other mods to appear on the show as guests at anytime. This would have given you and your site further exposure and free publicity. Again, not so much as a "thanks but no thanks" from anyone with Carolina Huddle.

Fourth, accredited media types according to the Carolina Panthers do not include any website operators or bloggers. That means that you and I both are non-accredited media. By excluding them (Cat Crave, Cat Scratch Reader, or any fan site) are you sending the message that Carolina Huddle excludes links to their material much like the team would exclude them from access to players and information? Does that put the Huddle on the same level as the Carolina Panthers?

Fifth, would an extended interview with a former Panthers player or a current starter be considered newsworthy? Would it be of interest to your members? Does it matter if that interview was conducted by the Observer or a fan site? By Darin Gantt or a fan podcast?

This seems like a simple matter. You and I both, and any fan-operated site, attempt to do one thing - provide other fans with yet another outlet for information, opinions and team-related material without the bias that seems to be so prevalent in the established media.

I'm not sure why there is any animosity either real or perceived. But for me to be told that your "pet peeve is other site's trying to piggyback on the Huddle success," is ludicrous. There was no attempt to piggyback your site's success but an attempt to inform fans of the same team I cover and root for.

I will not post any messages here on the Huddle containing links to my site or my podcast in the future.

However, if you would like to contact me at anytime, feel free. I still think there's always an opportunity for friendships to develop among fans of the same team. And, who knows, there's still a chance that you will take us up on that offer to appear on the show. Maybe then we can start all of this over.

#35 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,057 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:41 AM

Posted Image

#36 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:59 AM

ALSO--

The guy DOES interview past and present Panther players including rucker, minter, stewart and I am sure there are some i am missing.

thats not including the media heads that come on his show.

Its just MORE panthers media. i DONT see the big deal.

The Huddle use to be the 1 stop shop for all things Panthers, thats why me and many others come here all the time.

kEEPING OUT panthers media will just make us spend our time elsewhere when we know we could come here and find it.

#37 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:00 AM

AK chose to post the info on the show, the one I produce weekly, on his own. He was doing something that he felt would be of interest to other Panthers fans. I'm not certain I see anything wrong with that.

Second, if you consider that spam no problem. But I would like to point out that within the blogosphere, the one of which you are a part, there is an unspoken code. I hate the word community but for lack of a better word I use it here. The blogging community is made up of people who are not only passionate about what they write but who are willing to help out their fellow blogger. Normally, this is done by exchanging links which are placed in the blog rolls of each site.

I requested a link exchange with Carolina Huddle months ago but was ignored. I further went through the proper channels to clear the postings of each of the show's episodes here on the forum. Again, I was ignored. Not even so much as an explanation that any posting of this sort would be considered spam and would, as a result, be deleted.

Third, I extended an invitation to you and any of your other mods to appear on the show as guests at anytime. This would have given you and your site further exposure and free publicity. Again, not so much as a "thanks but no thanks" from anyone with Carolina Huddle.

Fourth, accredited media types according to the Carolina Panthers do not include any website operators or bloggers. That means that you and I both are non-accredited media. By excluding them (Cat Crave, Cat Scratch Reader, or any fan site) are you sending the message that Carolina Huddle excludes links to their material much like the team would exclude them from access to players and information? Does that put the Huddle on the same level as the Carolina Panthers?

Fifth, would an extended interview with a former Panthers player or a current starter be considered newsworthy? Would it be of interest to your members? Does it matter if that interview was conducted by the Observer or a fan site? By Darin Gantt or a fan podcast?

This seems like a simple matter. You and I both, and any fan-operated site, attempt to do one thing - provide other fans with yet another outlet for information, opinions and team-related material without the bias that seems to be so prevalent in the established media.

I'm not sure why there is any animosity either real or perceived. But for me to be told that your "pet peeve is other site's trying to piggyback on the Huddle success," is ludicrous. There was no attempt to piggyback your site's success but an attempt to inform fans of the same team I cover and root for.

I will not post any messages here on the Huddle containing links to my site or my podcast in the future.

However, if you would like to contact me at anytime, feel free. I still think there's always an opportunity for friendships to develop among fans of the same team. And, who knows, there's still a chance that you will take us up on that offer to appear on the show. Maybe then we can start all of this over.

fwiw- he is right, i post the podcast because i think other huddlers want the information.

no one was bitching 2 weeks ago when stewart was on his show.

#38 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:04 AM

AK, I think accredited means that the media outlet has access to Panthers practices. That would mean, for the most part, most newspapers with a reporter present, local radio stations that send a reporter there, etc.

If I had heard your podcast maybe it would have stayed, dunno, but generally if it pimps another Panthers fan website it shall be bant. Generally if it mentions any other website or any other medium where somebody is trying to make money then it can be bant from this website because said person could be posting it here to try to drum up bidness for their endeavor.

Mush,

I never considered the podcast postings as a marketing edge for his site. the links were always directly to the podcast player page.

Maybe if its that big of a deal the huddle can sponsor the podcast, EXPAND and this be a non issue.

Zod gets the pictures, John gets the player interviews on air and every panther fan gets the rewards!!!

#39 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:05 AM

could be a "panthers media merger"

capitalism at its best!!!

#40 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:40 AM

:lurk5: A very compelling thread, indeed.

All I can say that if the info actually enriches us as fans, and doesn't harm the Huddle's marketing/commercial position by virtue of its ability to attract fans, then what is the real harm?

It's just like posts. I am always cognizant of trying to enrich the Huddle, and thus Zod's bottom line, by posting quality content. But, I can't say the same for many posts/threads that I have come across.

Now, perhaps Zod doesn't quite see it that way (and perhaps everyone is a legend in their own mind), but I'd like to think that he'd afford me a little more latitude and trust because of it.

Not presuming to speak for AK (who tried to punk me when I first signed up a couple of years ago because he took offense to a post), but he's been here a while, and I don't believe that he or I, or any "long time" Huddle contributor would try and do anything to harm the Huddle. I know that I, personally, am really quite impressed by the Huddle's ranking and success, so I try and tread respectfully most of the time (unless someone is being overly "A-hole-ish"). It would seem that good content makes for good business, and ultimately that's the name of the game.

Edited by top dawg, 19 May 2009 - 08:33 AM.

#41 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:58 AM

:lurk5: A very compelling thread, indeed.

All I can say that if the info actually enriches us as fans, and doesn't harm the Huddle's marketing/commercial position by virtue of its ability to attract fans, then what is the real harm?

It's just like posts. I am always cognizant of trying to enrich the Huddle, and thus Zod's bottom line, by posting quality content. But, I can't say the same for many posts/threads that I have come across.

Now, perhaps Zod doesn't quite see it that way (and perhaps everyone is a legend in their own mind), but I'd like to think that he'd afford me a little more latitude and trust because of it.

Not presuming to speak for AK (who tried to punk me when I first signed up a couple of years ago because he took offense to a post), but he's been here a while, and I don't believe that he or I, or any "long time" Huddle contributor would try and do anything to harm the Huddle. I know that I, personally, am really quite impressed the Huddle's ranking and success, so I try and tread respectfully most of the time (unless someone is being overly "A-hole-ish"). It would seem that good content makes for good business, and ultimately that's the name of the game.

aww my bad man, I didnt realize that i got my panties in a wad over one of your post years back.

Trust me though, I can say that I react to content and not the publisher (except for croll's, fiz, and kk ) and rarely do i ever pay attention to who writes what.

[in my opinion thats the best way to stay unbiased and out of dumb clicks)

I just react emotionally (good and bad) because i am passionate about this team.

If you said something i tooka offense to, I am sure that you had a good point of view and i was just being my emotional self. (unless it was about williams sucking :D )

but back to what you said;

i agree.

#42 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:05 AM

I still say Zod should go on the show.

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:53 AM

Its a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

#44 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

Its a dog eat dog world, and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

I can feel you on that, but aren't you being just a little modest? In terms of relativity, the Huddle is the number one forum in the Panthers game, and you outrank some of the sites (including the one in question) in general. I don't know if you know the SEO game, but you could probably encroach (without penalty:)) into other areas of the Panthers pie by taking advantage of some of your relationships with the Panthers organization, as well as with other sporting webmasters.

You've been around a while now, and your ranking is pretty consistent for what you do. By exploiting reciprocal link exchanges, advising other bigger dogs that they would be remiss not to link to the number one fan community for the Panthers, and perhaps a little more focused attention to the blog (including key-wording), over time your ranking could probably rise (fall to under that six figure mark). It's all up to you, my Zodness.

As opposed to your perceived "milkbone underwear", you'd be wearing titanium boxers. Notwithstanding your modesty---perception or perspective, even at this moment---as far as the Panthers fan community, you are the top dawg.

#45 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:10 PM

funny how you can hear a pin drop in this thread....

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com