• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

This is my first thread and I felt the football gods laid this upon my spirit. Everyone remembers the Fox Era, the good, the bad, and the real ugly. One thing and probably the only thing about Fox I liked was that he gave the football team an identity. Tough in the trenches, power smash football to set up play action and keeping the score manageable. Yes the latter years sucked but Fox had a vision. What is Ron's vision for our football team? Remember the first game against a rookie coach named Greg Schiano, Greg established his vision for a team with attitude and that plays hard swarming the football (not the best team to use I know). Those simple words define who the Bucs are and it may have not show right now but Bucs are heading the right direction. One win against us, almost beat the reigning super bowl champs (didn't like the cheap shot at the end but hey that's life), and could have beat the cowgirls. It is a shame that Ron after one year cannot establish a clear cut vision of what the Panthers should be. What is our identity? Identity gives direction, establishes tradition, and builds team pride. Ron just needs to lay out who we are and no matter what work to develop the vision and define a clear cut identity for this team. It is time for not Cam but Ron to step up in this time, this team needs Ron's leadership more than ever. Also Chud and Sean it is time for you all to seat down with Ron about our team's vision. The next game against Atlanta, I hope the team can establish better form of what it is working for and lay the grounds for future growth. I cannot wait for the day the team finally identifies itself and see this team win a super bowl but until then who are the Carolina Panthers as a team?

My question to the Huddle is: What is your vision or the identity you want for this football team? It can be play style in adjectives, it can be philosophical in play calling, or anything but what is your vision you would lay down to form an identity.

#2 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Winning.

#3 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hey winning is good lol, the team needs to find itself to move forward to make us more consistent and relevant in games. I tend to over think things but I just do not see the team's identity in play calling at all besides being one step behind other teams....

#4 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

yea, check out Greg Schiano and those 1-2 Bucs with so much direction and identity to them

#5 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,682 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Up tempo, any down can be any type of play style of football. Of course, establishing the run is a large part of this, since run, play-action pass, and standard pass are the three play types. Well-rounded, try to guess what we're doing type of offense. Defensively we should be playing fundamentally sound, assignment football. That means making tackles on first contact (or at least stopping momentum and waiting on the cavalry to clean it up. To hell with stripping the football, just get the guy down quick). Not missing your gaps on stunts. Not giving up gap integrity if your job is to hold between B gap and outside contain. None of this bend but don't break crap. Get after their asses from the first snap to the last. If a team is driving relatively easy on you in a tight game, call a timeout and fix it. Don't let them have an easy drive that deflates you and makes the offense feel panicked like it has this season.

If that isn't a winning identity, nothing is.

#6 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,058 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

i think we need a more family-friendly stadium environment

#7 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

And more wine.

#8 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Bucs may be 1-2 at least they were not embarrassed at home. Also to add the Bucs barely lost to the Gaints, the same team that killed us if I recall....

#9 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,540 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

agree with PhillyB. We must get softer

#10 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

I think the team having an identity with winning would get these flip flopping fans into a better home environment. It is just plain embarrassing to see the Panthers play at home and see an almost equal mount of opposing fans as home fans there.

#11 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

We have an identity, "Here we go again" team

#12 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

I want to emulate the Steelers. On D you know you're going to get punished, teams hate having to play against such a fierce group that makes you fight for every yard. I want a D that offenses dread playing.

On O they're trying to get back to the run game and that smashmouth style, which they're capable of, but they have big play ability as they've taken to the air with Ben's arm strength and ability to extend plays.

On ST, I just want a unit I'm not worried about every time they take the field.

Good thread, welcome.

#13 cammycamjooce

cammycamjooce

NOT NEWB

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

We are emulating the Cleveland Browns. Bad GM, bad contracts,bad coaching, bad players, and locker room dysfunction.

All we are missing now is a couple cases of staph infection and by golly it'll be like looking into a mirror!

#14 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,606 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

I think part of the issue is the conflicting identities the coaching staff and front office are trying to build.

While RiveraCo want a dynamic, explosive offense and an aggressive opportunistic defense, Hurney And Friends are bound and determine to keep our team lodges in the 60's.

So you have Rivera trying to add talented pass catchers and gifted pass rushers while HurneyMagic combs the wire looking to stockpile Runningbacks and add Linebackers.

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,658 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

RR's identity: None.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com