Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,548 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Vertical attacking offense, taking advantage of mismatches and weaknesses

Turnover machine defense that focuses on blitzing, forcing the pass and holding the run

ST is ST, don't think it needs an identity.

#17 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:13 PM

I want our Panthers to be the team that other teams whine about running up the score against them. I want our guys to be the recognized assholes that every team dreads playing because we just impose our will on them. I want every player for this organization to be arrogant and fearless, never giving up, and to only let our boot off the other guy's neck five minutes after the final whistle blows.

In short.. I want the Panthers to be perrenial contenders. We won't win it every year, although a dynasty would be incredible, but I want us to scare other teams into thinking we have a damn good shot at it. Tough, arrogant, and blasphemous works for me for an identity, thanks.

#18 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

I want to emulate the Steelers

go f - u- = c- k yourself loser

#19 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

On offense...I want teams to be scared of the option play. Will Cam take it and run or will DWill grab it from him. You just don't know.

On defense...I want no aggressive blitzes. QB's will fear the standard front four. LB's are just for looks anyway.

On ST...beautiful punts, they will know us!

But, seriously...back to what we originally thought was going to happen. Vertical attacks and Aggressive blitzing. ST I honestly didn't see us improving based on Brian Murphy. But, would love to see the old Jarrod Cooper smash days, along with solid return lanes.

#20 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,241 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:36 PM

I would say 'aggressive'.

Attacking with the passing game downfield--like they do when we're moving it at our best.

Aggressive on defense blitzing from all angles... extremely aggressive, even if it gives up some chunks. Blitz blitz blitz.

#21 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

I want some of the nastiness and grit of old school ballers like Conrad Dobler and Dick Butkus. Think old school Raiders or Steelers, but with speed. I want guys that, on offense, have the same attitude - willing to win with finesse or a fistfight, whatever it takes. I want Special Teamers that hit so hard it makes people like Forte wet their pants and cringe at having to stand there and wait for the ball while our guys come barreling down on them. I want a QB like Johnny Unitas, who is just as ornery in the huddle as Ray Lewis is when lining up across from some poor sap of an offensive tackle, and who holds the rest of the team to the same standards of accountability he has for himself. I want coaches who instill a tradition of toughness, and players who don't mind spitting a little blood for the sake of good, hard gridiron combat. I want all of the Panthers to have a streak of the Marine Corps' stubborn meanness, the thing that makes Marines so successful and fearsome in combat and the thing that will (I believe) make other teams dread having to face the Carolina Panthers.

#22 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

Whatever the opposite of bipolar is. That is what they are now and what they have been for a while. I absolutely hate watching any Panther celebrate really early in the game. I don't want them posing and dancing after a first quarter TD or tackle. The game is not over and last year soured me on those types of things.

#23 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,839 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

I really don't care what the identity is as long as the team wins. So far what I've seen from the Panthers since Rivera became HC is a haphazard game plan, leaky defense, and awful special teams. The only thing keeping this team from being 2-14 again is the raw talent of Cam Newton. Nothing else on the team has improved since Fox left.

I question if this coaching staff is capable of creating a winning game plan week in and week out. Identity or not, I want to see a well-coached team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com