#1 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Thats right, I said it. How's that for a bold prediction. We're going to beat ATL and SEA and go into the bye week 3-2!

Hard to see now? Not really. We will have beaten 2 out of 3 division rivals and be sitting pretty with a week off. We will right the ship this week and embarrass the Falcons giving the rest of the League the blueprint on how to smash the birdies.

It's now or never, and this Sunday will be a thing of beauty to behold.

Let's get it!!

#2 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

I believe the panthers can beat Seattle.

The Seahawk defense is stout, but thier offense (outside of Lynch) doesn't scare me.

The Panthers would have to play a perfect game in Atlanta to win and would also need to win the turnover battle by at least 2.

Both are doable, but I would be absolutely shocked if we went to Atlanta and beat them in the dome. Matt Ryan and Mike Smith don't lose in that building very often.

Here's hoping you're right though.

#3 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,991 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

If we do win the next two I'll go volunteer to feed the homeless. Real talk.

#4 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • 3,321 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

If we do win the next two I'll go volunteer to feed the homeless. Real talk.

You should do it regardless, but I'd go too if you're in/around Charlotte.

#5 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,203 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

I don't understand everyone's obsession with Atlanta. Sure, they're playing well, but top teams regularly get trounced by "inferior" competition. Anyone remember the Jets not scoring a touchdown almost all preseason and then ripping the Bills apart? Or the Vikings basically stealing the 49ers gameplan and smacking them with it? The less of a shot the pundits give us the better I feel about the game. If no pundit picks us vs. Atlanta I will be 100% convinced of victory. It's just the way the NFL is.

#6 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,776 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

I don't understand everyone's obsession with Atlanta. Sure, they're playing well, but top teams regularly get trounced by "inferior" competition. Anyone remember the Jets not scoring a touchdown almost all preseason and then ripping the Bills apart? Or the Vikings basically stealing the 49ers gameplan and smacking them with it? The less of a shot the pundits give us the better I feel about the game. If no pundit picks us vs. Atlanta I will be 100% convinced of victory. It's just the way the NFL is.

yeah i don't think we have to worry about anybody picking us to take this one.

#7 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

i hope we can pull it off.
i feel good about seattle b/c it's not being played there. ATL....that's another matter.

#8 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

With these refs, anything can happen. A few terrible calls go our way and we are back in the playoff hunt.

#9 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,238 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Well see. I hope so but doesn't seem realistic at this point.

#10 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,524 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

We will start winning when the coaches stop pretending there game plans are working.

#11 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

don't really think we need a perfect game against Atlanta, just need to play to our ability. It will be close in that case.

#12 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Our Millionaire RB's are gonna earn some of that money this week. I can guarantee you that!

#13 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Quit being so logical , this a fun homer thread and the possibly the last chance to enjoy any optimism for the rest of the year.
Carpe Diem. I am here to fuel the TCF fire with some stats that that were very similar to ours last year thus far from a playoff team.

The Falcons started off last year at 1-2, then 2-3, but finished 10-6 and made the playoffs.

They were 2-4 against opponents with a win % above .500
They were 1-1 against opponents with a win % of .500
They were 7-1 against teams with a win % of less than .500( The bucs beat them in Tampa last year)

The Falcons did not get to back a .500 win percentage for 2nd time of the year(the first was at 1-1)until they came here and stole a win from us and never fell below .500 again on their way to the playoffs.

Last year the momentum and run for the playoff's started after facing us. Hopefully this year it will be the opposite.

#14 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

The obsession with Atlanta is that they have an offense that is not turning the ball over and scoring points (all the while thier running game is sputtering), and they also have a defense is taking the ball away. Matt Ryan has been the best QB in the league for the first three weeks of the season (noodle arm and all). They have four legitimate pass catching weapons in Gonzo, Jones, White, and Douglas; and also a scat back in Rodgers who gave us fits last year.

With that being said, I don't think they've really beaten anybody yet.

Denver was in that game in which they turned the ball over four times in the first quarter. Kansas City, outside of New Orleans, may be the worst team in the league. What they did in San Diego was impressive because it was a West Coast trip. I'm not that impressed with throttling the Chargers, because I think they're a sham anyway.

#15 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

I see that everyone keeps touting their offense and no mention of their defense.

They have: 7 picks, 7 sacks, and 4 fumble recoveries...

They stack the box, and have confused a legendary QB in Payton Manning.

I still ain't scared. We simply MUST start out fast, so that we can dictate the pace of this game and stay within our gameplan. If they get up on us, it will be hard to reintroduce Double Trouble and stick to the gameplan. Over the course of the game we must stick to the run, even when it seems to not work. If we ever needed a "fox ball" type of game, it's this one.

We gotta punch em in the mouth, and keep doing so, even if it's a few jabs in the first half. Eventually we will land that knockout haymaker! I look fwd to ChudGenius making a comeback and embarrassing one of the Leagues Top Defenses to get our season back on track!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com