Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The opening defensive drive vs the Falcons

22 posts in this topic

Posted

In the first article it states they have scored 20 points on their opening drives...anyone know if the reason its not 21 because of a blocked kick or failed 2 point conversion

Posted

I think Bryant missed an extra point last week.

Posted

I think Bryant missed an extra point last week.

It was a botched snap

Posted

We will give up an opening drive TD.

Posted

Falcons win toss, receive kick, throw pick six, all hell breaks loose.

Posted

the panthers defense HAS to stop acting like a funnel to the end zone on the opening drive.

the only chance they have is by stopping them early. that has done nothing but set the tone for the whole game. you can't keep starting out in a hole.

the offense has to put points on the board with their first drive as well...even if it's a FG. just put points on the board. every possession.

Only way to get off the field for us in the 1st quarter is turnovers.....we're not forcing a punt

Posted

Only way to get off the field for us in the 1st quarter is turnovers.....we're not forcing a punt

i don't care how it happens as long as it does.

Posted

33-1 when leading going into the 4th, and the 1 was Smith going for it on 4th down on our own 35 against the swamp people. 36-2 when leading at the half. Matt Ryan is undefeated when his QB rating is above 100 as well.

At least we can all agree in our hatred of the Swamp Rats :)

Posted

Why can't we just bypass all the embarrasment of a long td drive on their 1st possession and just tell the refs to put 7 on the board... I think they might do it

Posted

So expect the Panthers to be down 7-0 before Cam steps on the field. Got it. Thanks for the update.

Well, there is the possibility that we might win the toss and take the ball first. :)