Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beastson

The Charlotte Observer pokes fun at Cam Newton?

214 posts in this topic

How long you want to wait? Proof is in the pudding. Rivera is out coached every Sunday. Rivera was a cheap gap stop coach and Richardson crossed his fingers and toes just hoping for another Fox type find. Biggest problem is Hurney applying band aids all over the place rather than providing quality role players to fill in the gaps.

You give Fox way too much credit....how exactly did Fox break the spirit of this team? He had nothing to do with allowing 8 starters to walk and not replacing them....he was hung out to dry. He is just a coach. The real issues that the Panther's suffer from go way beyond a coach.

I take back the working for Richardson part....you must be related...otherwise you wouldn't be so confused about how much power a "coach" really possess and so blind about where the REAL problems lie.

did i say fox broke the spirit of the team? i said he formed an apathetic culture of "it is what it is". his players resented it and were happy to move on from it.

i agree about hurney, fwiw. not nearly enough balance in building the team and i've been saying that for a while. i think he gambles(d) too much with draft picks. he and richardson shouldn't have handled the 2010 season the way they did...they should have just fired fox and gone out trying to hire another HC to start rebuilding with. shouldn't have drafted clausen. shouldn't have traded up for edwards. shouldn't have traded up for brown the year before.

i did agree with them deciding to move on from fox, though. imo, rivera gets a pass for last year because of the situation he fell into. he wasn't left with much to work with and wasn't given enough time to work and he's new to the whole HC job.

this year is the year i'm in wait and see with him. i want to see what he does with where they are now and i'm not going to start acting like the season is a wash. i want this team to grow and improve this year over last and i want them to continue. if they don't then changes will probably need to be made on whatever side of the ball is struggling. rivera doesn't have a long contract. there's been no extensions given nor has he given reason for it yet. fox had several years to take the team back to the superbowl but instead went on a steady decline...but he still had more than enough of a chance to get the team where we all want them to be and he failed. i am 100% fine with rivera living out his contract here to see what he can do. if he's just average then i say move on. if the team keeps on ending up with a top 10 pick in the draft then we've got a problem. if they can't get to .500 this year or next then rivera probably doesn't need to keep his job any further.

i'm giving rivera the benefit of the doubt this year. if things don't get turned around this year then i'm going to start doubting whether he can. if he can't get it turned around next year then i think it's time to move on.

hurney...i've got no loyalty there.

I hope Cam has a QB rating of 100.00 Sunday so this will all stop.

This is a very immature fan base

158 would be even better

i'm giving rivera the benefit of the doubt this year. if things don't get turned around this year then i'm going to start doubting whether he can. if he can't get it turned around next year then i think it's time to move on.

A good coach could take the talent on this team and win...but that's really not the issue...the issue is teams come out and play their game plan against Rivera and he does nothing to adjust and even when the Panthers are in the game poor play calls, clock management and bend not break defense mentality kill our chances of winning close games.

Rivera is not a good coach. That's obvious. Why should we have to wait 2 or 3 years to achieve 500? One year is enough and in my opinion too much in the NFL. The only break I'll give Rivera was the lockout...that's over....there are no excuses for the poor coaching I've seen.

Observer is just trying to supply the city with cheap toilet paper!

1 person likes this

0ap1000000066384.jpg

Oh word?

Remember my thread about how Charlotte media won't call out Hurney/JR

Exactly.

I don't have an issue with public personalities being criticized for their behavior but Cam's behavior was not the important story.

The important story, the one a real "big city" newspaper would tell, is how this team has consistently grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory for almost two decades with their poor management decisions.

If the best the Observer can do is editorial cartoons, here is an idea for one:

Jerry Richardson as the king with no clothes, Marty Hurney as the king's tailor, throwing away the king's money like a madman on invisible cloth and thread. Both of them parading around Trade and Tryon naked, waving to the masses with a starving panther by their side, totally oblivious to how ridiculous they appear.

A good coach could take the talent on this team and win...but that's really not the issue...the issue is teams come out and play their game plan against Rivera and he does nothing to adjust and even when the Panthers are in the game poor play calls, clock management and bend not break defense mentality kill our chances of winning close games.

Rivera is not a good coach. That's obvious. Why should we have to wait 2 or 3 years to achieve 500? One year is enough and in my opinion too much in the NFL. The only break I'll give Rivera was the lockout...that's over....there are no excuses for the poor coaching I've seen.

1-2 in first three games of a 16 game season...fire him. it's obvious that he sucks from that small sample.

gotcha. you're not over-reacting at all.

Too stupid to figure out how to delete my post.

Oh, the famous You Can't Have Fun At The Expense Of Your QB In Their Second Year Rule! Someone needs to tell the Observer that ASAP.

MY GOD, I have never seen so many spineless, hillbilly, mama's boys in my life. Give me one good reason why the Observer should suck the teat of every single Panthers player? Right, there is none. They are in the business of putting news online, and in their print edition. They are not affiliated with the Panthers in any way. Just as we like to vent over piss poor games by our team here on the Huddle, the paper's writers have every right to do the same. GUESS WHAT... they do. Why don't you get all upset when they give Cam a bad grade or talk poorly of him in an article? Hell, even Zod would give Cam less than As or Bs in his little game grade post if he played like ass. This just happens to be a cartoon... a "poor performance article" depicted in a drawing. Get a grip. This is what papers do. Forget that thing I wrote at the start, as whomever did their research surely didn't look at every St. Louis and Indianapolis newspaper from years ago. I bet my damn life NY papers thrashed Eli's play when he was a youngin'.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have NO connection to Cam. Why do you get so butthurt when someone speaks poorly of him? Is your life that pathetic that you have to latch on to him and this team like he's your own child and the team means the world to you? Do you walk around town with Panthers colors on like some sort of gang member feeling you have to protect your turf? It's sad guys. And you've made me act like you and rant and moan. I won't let it happen again.

This. It's a cartoon. I know it's tough but really try and put everything in perspective. The reactions on here remind me of a little kid saying "mommy they're making fun of me".

1-2 in first three games of a 16 game season...fire him. it's obvious that he sucks from that small sample.

gotcha. you're not over-reacting at all.

What is the saying paraphrased:

'One loss can happen. Two is an issue. Three is a trend'

We will see a lot about Rivera and his coaching staff this weekend.

i repeatedly ask myself why 'lesser' teams can rise up on occasional and beat the favorite.

Not the Panthers.

Perhaps they will stop the trend this weekend.

Betting money says 'no'.

I would like to hope otherwise.

I don't even have the words to express how stupid this statement is.

1 person likes this

Wow that is ridiculous I mean if the city of Charlotte doesn't appreciate Cam Newton and everything he has done for us so far then maybe he should leave at the end of his rookie contract that's pathetic.

Cam has done a lot for Cam. Which means he is a lightning rod for criticism.

Doing the Superman when your QBR is around 15 and you are getting spanked on prime-time in one of the worst losses in franchise history...I don't owe him poo.

Still waiting for this team to deliver a winning season.