Photo
- - - - -

The Charlotte Observer pokes fun at Cam Newton?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#166 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,557 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

It's just embarrasing that Cam not only has to deal with everyone else outside of Carolina ready to pounce on him the moment he fails, but also his own home town.

#167 mwjr

mwjr

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Yes the criticizing of an alleged rapist is exactly like the Cam criticism currently going on.

Well, the original statement simply said that those cities never criticized their star QBs. That's simply not true.

But I'll keep playing...

My God, did y'all read what the New York press was saying about Eli Manning early in his career? If the NY media had their way Manning would've be let go after year 1.

All of these QBs - Roethlisberger, the Mannings, Brady, Newton - have had their high points and their low points. What it boils down to is the way they carry themselves. Newton, while a legitimate star on the rise, has shown poor leadership skills by sulking and pouting and even worse self-awareness by posing after a TD in a 17-point rout. Those other guys? Not so much. Even in their worst moments (on the field, at least) they've never behaved the way Newton has. They're going to get a little more leeway.

And for those of you wondering about the color of their skin? Watch how Robert Griffin is handled in Washington as he struggles through this season. He appears to be more mature than Newton, and that maturity impacts how the media will treat him.

Just my 2 cents.

#168 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

I just don't get any of the grandstanding from either side

He's coming up on game 4 of his 2nd year in the NFL with a team lacking any cohesive direction other than the center declaring "Super Bowl!!" to get some enthusiasm going

He is one hell of an athletic goofy motherfuger and has so much potential to develop into a stud leader beyond his potential as a franchise new age QB. Let's keep our heads up as fans. We went through a Jimmy, Matt, Brian...I think I can bare a few off games given what he's looked like when firing on all cylinders.

And about the cartoon: It's funny and I hope he uses it as some damn good motivation

#169 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

How did he bring it upon himself? Since when is wearing a towel on your head a sign of immaturity?

IMO, the media have divided these NFL players into; their chosen group...Their okay with group...and their well scorned and maligned group. Cam is in the latter. They seem hell-bent on turning Cam into the image they created of him during the draft because just like they go out of their way to prove that they a not wrong about the players they choose to be successful in the NFL. There is no middle ground with them. And, we all know they ripped into Cam like nobodies business during the draft.

Unfortunately some Panthers fans rather feed the media's treatment of Cam then protect him despite them claiming that he's the face of their franchising. I wonder if they seriously believe what they're saying?

Yup and it's a shame all these observer defenders don't realize that or are willfully ignorant.

#170 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,322 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

Some of you guys need to be taken down to mcsnuffles to get a whaa burger and some french cries.. maybe a tall glass of whine to wash that down with coupled with a sob berry shortcake.. and when your lunch break is over you can continue building your bridge and get the fug over it.. Buncha butthurt folks it's just embarrassing.

#171 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:37 PM

How did he bring it upon himself? Since when is wearing a towel on your head a sign of immaturity?

IMO, the media have divided these NFL players into; their chosen group...Their okay with group...and their well scorned and maligned group. Cam is in the latter. They seem hell-bent on turning Cam into the image they created of him during the draft because just like they go out of their way to prove that they a not wrong about the players they choose to be successful in the NFL. There is no middle ground with them. And, we all know they ripped into Cam like nobodies business during the draft.

Unfortunately some Panthers fans rather feed the media's treatment of Cam then protect him despite them claiming that he's the face of their franchising. I wonder if they seriously believe what they're saying?

How exactly do fans, who have no control over the media, protect Cam from the media?

#172 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

How exactly do fans, who have no control over the media, protect Cam from the media?

I think he means not turning on cam like the media has, continuing to give and show him support even though everyone in the media wants to vilify him.

I don't think that was hard to grasp. Although many fans have already turned on him which goes back to what he said about fans feeding into what the media is portraying of him.

#173 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

I think he means not turning on cam like the media has, continuing to give and show him support even though everyone in the media wants to vilify him.

I don't think that was hard to grasp. Although many fans have already turned on him which goes back to what he said about fans feeding into what the media is portraying of him.

So people can't critize Cam (whether right or wrong) while also showing him support?

#174 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

So people can't critize Cam (whether right or wrong) while also showing him support?

There is legit criticism like cam making stupid plays or he should of did this not that during the game, then there is the faux criticism that's been going on lately of questioning cam's heart, leadership and general character. This goes back to hometown fans protecting cam from all that,

#175 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

There is legit criticism like cam making stupid plays or he should of did this not that during the game, then there is the faux criticism that's been going on lately of questioning cam's heart, leadership and general character. This goes back to hometown fans protecting cam from all that,

If hometown fans didn't do that the media still would. So once again, how exactly can fans protect Cam from that?

#176 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

If hometown fans didn't do that the media still would. So once again, how exactly can fans protect Cam from that?

Do you have reading comprehension? As was said before there is no need for hometown fans adding on top of it, he is in his second year and is 23 years old.

#177 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Do you have reading comprehension? As was said before there is no need for hometown fans adding on top of it, he is in his second year and is 23 years old.

Not adding on to it and protecting are completely different. I asked how fans can protect Cam from it. Seems to be you are the one lacking reading comprehension

#178 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Not adding on to it and protecting are completely different. I asked how fans can protect Cam from it. Seems to be you are the one lacking reading comprehension

You are taking protecting from the media too literaly jesus, I don't mean fans are going to block reporters from talking to cam. Having fans not adding on top of all this faux criticism is what I mean, when he's on the field or talking to fans seeing that they still support him is what I mean.

#179 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,085 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

He won't pull a Lebron. He won't be able to.

If he continues to progress, then Carolina has the Franchise Tag to use on him. The Cleveland Cavaliers didn't have such a luxury.

On the other hand, if he sucks, then Carolina cuts him loose.

He'll either be a Panther or he won't be, but it most likely won't be his choice.

Sure he can....times are changing across all sports. Peppers quietly did it....Cam would have a much easier time leaving.

Can only tag a guy so much.....but the real issue would be nearing the end of the contract and deciding to flex his muscle. Flexing his muscle would be publically stating he won't sign and extension and wants out. It would eventually work. You can't build a team around someone who doesn't want to be here.....even if you technically could tag him twice against his will. The environment that created wouldn't be good....Carolina would then try to get picks for him.

#180 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,823 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Some of you guys need to be taken down to mcsnuffles to get a whaa burger and some french cries.. maybe a tall glass of whine to wash that down with coupled with a sob berry shortcake.. and when your lunch break is over you can continue building your bridge and get the fug over it.. Buncha butthurt folks it's just embarrassing.

what's embarrassing is grits pied your post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.