Photo
- - - - -

The Charlotte Observer pokes fun at Cam Newton?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#121 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

the paper putting that cartoon in there isn't "just doing it's job"...unless it's job includes being douche that isn't really worth talking to.

sure, they're entitled to their opinion, just like people with the panthers are entitled to reject the observer when they come knocking.

#122 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

This was a top story on Around the Horn and PTI today. Everyone said the comic was in bad taste and that it looks bad on Charlotte as a whole. Reali even theorized that it could mean Charlotte is turning on Cam Newton.

Bob Ryan said "how can they make him a captain?!" (uhh...) then said he needs to can the Super Man act.

#123 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

This was a top story on Around the Horn and PTI today. Everyone said the comic was in bad taste and that it looks bad on Charlotte as a whole. Reali even theorized that it could mean Charlotte is turning on Cam Newton.

Bob Ryan said "how can they make him a captain?!" (uhh...) then said he needs to can the Super Man act.

it was in bad taste and it does reflect poorly on charlotte.

it's just weak. it's the kind of thing that makes me think that charlotte and the carolinas don't deserve a team because they just don't know how to act. they don't come out and support the team and don't give me that product on the field crap. there are a lot of sucky teams out there who have rabid fanbases that come out.

they turn the team into a joke and make fun of the franchise QB and do it in a tasteless way. i don't even want to get into why cam looked white. it's just pathetic all the way around.

i have a feeling that the observer is going to keep on hating the panthers and always look for a way to make them look bad. it's a crappy paper anyway, but still it would be nice if there was a better support system here.

#124 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

Um, how is a newspaper going to actually report good news and write stories in regards to the only decent sports organization in the area.....when they so quickly jump to this poo?

Players and an organization have to trust their local paper I order to give them stuff....you know the actual stuff worth reporting that is generally dependent on the two sides respecting each other.

I mean sure, we can get Steve Smith mouthing off.....but I assure you there are better things out there for us than that type stuff.

Trust their paper to do what? Give scores? They do that. Talk about team news? They do that. Report on the game? They do that. Be critical of the team? THEY DO THAT (looking at you, Sorensen and Fowler). Some of you must be very, very young and know nothing about satire cartoons in the paper.

the paper putting that cartoon in there isn't "just doing it's job"...unless it's job includes being douche that isn't really worth talking to.

sure, they're entitled to their opinion, just like people with the panthers are entitled to reject the observer when they come knocking.

Oh, you guys are entitled to any opinion you want. But some of you act like they had no right to post the cartoon or act like they were fools to do so. Again, they aren't a part of the Panthers. They are nothing more than a source for news, opinion, and entertainment. They want to generate buzz. JOB WELL DONE.

#125 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• LocationTampa, FL
HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

The city is suppossed to get behind their qb not bash him, esp in his 2nd season. We arent philly or NY. This is BS my the charlotte disturber

#126 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

FYI... THIS is in bad taste...

Posted Image

#127 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Now it's on NFL.com. I hope Cam sees that everyone is seeing this crap and does his best to not let this happen again.

Clearly many of you on this site could never be QBs seeing how you go into all levels of conniption fit with every losing game.

Saints lose to you on Sunday...Their fans were upset but no body threw anyone under the bus. Panthers lose to Gaints. All hell breaks loose and QB is thrown under the bus by receiver and fans.

Media keeps plastering QB's face on tv with towel over his head and fans go into total melt down and start demanding that he grows up and change his sideline demeanor because everything he does affects the team moral. And, the media who is always looking for reason to tear down their QB is having a field day mocking hi because a towel on his head and an receiver with anger issues. I guess a towel worn on the head has never been done before by any other QB in the history of this sport.

All this and it's only the third game of the season. Oh my...What the fug would have happened to this site if Thursday's game was a play-off game? Cam migth have been chased out of town.

Luck is a very smart man to stay away from you folks. But then again, if it was Luck we all know the media would have left the incident with Steve in the locker-room.

No bias with our media and some of you folks.

#128 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Trust their paper to do what? Give scores? They do that. Talk about team news? They do that. Report on the game? They do that. Be critical of the team? THEY DO THAT (looking at you, Sorensen and Fowler). Some of you must be very, very young and know nothing about satire cartoons in the paper..

Missing the point. Anyone can recite scores and post quotes from a press conference....and anyone can hold a mic in front of a Smith when in one of those moods. You could do most of that from your couch on a lame blog.

Good reporting by good journalism.....is different the the above mentioned. Takes relationships. Takes inside relationships. Respect.

I understand satire. I also understand that was a poor choice for the Charlotte paper

#129 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Saints lose to you on Sunday...Their fans were upset but no body threw anyone under the bus.

Amazingly uninformed opinion you have there, I must say. Have you actually visited saintsreport after their losses? I'm going to go ahead and assume that you haven't.

#130 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• LocationBobcat Country
HUDDLER

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

Falcons trolls now can depend on the Observer to supply them with ammo to use against our QB. Im sure they love this pic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users