Photo
- - - - -

The Charlotte Observer pokes fun at Cam Newton?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#181 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

You are taking protecting from the media too literaly jesus, I don't mean fans are going to block reporters from talking to cam. Having fans not adding on top of all this faux criticism is what I mean, when he's on the field or talking to fans seeing that they still support him is what I mean.

Good thing my question wasn't to you then. You are the one who decided to respond to me without
addressing my question.

#182 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,322 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:38 PM

what's embarrassing is grits pied your post.

Ouch .. low blow there jim :(

#183 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,061 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

I just don't get any of the grandstanding from either side

He's coming up on game 4 of his 2nd year in the NFL with a team lacking any cohesive direction other than the center declaring "Super Bowl!!" to get some enthusiasm going

He is one hell of an athletic goofy motherfuger and has so much potential to develop into a stud leader beyond his potential as a franchise new age QB. Let's keep our heads up as fans. We went through a Jimmy, Matt, Brian...I think I can bare a few off games given what he's looked like when firing on all cylinders.

And about the cartoon: It's funny and I hope he uses it as some damn good motivation

You are so telling the truth.

IMO, the only way a team change is when the fans scream that the team as a whole needs to change. If you're all about fixing one person and ignoring the rest of the team, the team's mentality will stay the same. The only thing that might change eventually is, the person you're always trying to fix and it may not be for the good.

It's funny but it does seem when it comes to this fansite, everything has to be taken to an extreme. You want Cam to stick around but you feel the need to brow-beat him into your image of a leader. The question is, an image based on who? it seems every QB you had had a different temperment. Which means that leaders come with attitudes.

#184 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

It's funny but it does seem when it comes to this fansite, everything has to be taken to an extreme. You want Cam to stick around but you feel the need to brow-beat him into your image of a leader. The question is, an image based on who? it seems every QB you had had a different temperment. Which means that leaders come with attitudes.

I'm not trying to give credence to this, but bottom line people need to chill the f*ck out

#185 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Cam is a big kid and needs a mentor along with image consultant....it's unfortunate The Charlotte Observer feels it's necessary to scold Cam, when in reality Panther's coaching staff,management and owner should be explaining to Cam and other Panther players that a "celebration" during a 30 point beat down looks foolish and is not what the Panther's want out of their players.

#186 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,823 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

Cam is a big kid and needs a mentor along with image consultant....it's unfortunate The Charlotte Observer feels it's necessary to scold Cam, when in reality Panther's coaching staff,management and owner should be explaining to Cam and other Panther players that a "celebration" during a 30 point beat down looks foolish and is not what the Panther's want out of their players.

you don't think that was done?

#187 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

you don't think that was done?

Nope. Player management has never been the Panther's strong suit.

I'm beginning to think you are related to or work for Richardson....you are extremely bias.

#188 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,823 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Nope. Player management has never been the Panther's strong suit.

I'm beginning to think you are related to or work for Richardson....you are extremely bias.

lol

i don't piss and moan about everything. i don't run around with my head on fire after a loss. i don't agree that the team doesn't know how to handle it's players. i must be related to or work for richardson. gotcha.

i'm just a fan that doesn't think the team is on the verge of collapse.

#189 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

i'm just a fan that doesn't think the team is on the verge of collapse.

Collapse? No

18 years of mediocrity? Yes

The Panther's history and record speaks for itself.

#190 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,823 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Collapse? No

18 years of mediocrity? Yes

The Panther's history and record speaks for itself.

moving on from fox and jake was a great step in the right direction. that was something that i think should have been done a couple years before it was.

i'm in wait and see mode for rivera. it's still early, imo, and i knew it would take time to fix what was broken and a lot of it was the apathetic "it is what it is" culture that fox created.

#191 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

i'm in wait and see mode for rivera. it's still early, imo, and i knew it would take time to fix what was broken and a lot of it was the apathetic "it is what it is" culture that fox created.

How long you want to wait? Proof is in the pudding. Rivera is out coached every Sunday. Rivera was a cheap gap stop coach and Richardson crossed his fingers and toes just hoping for another Fox type find. Biggest problem is Hurney applying band aids all over the place rather than providing quality role players to fill in the gaps.

You give Fox way too much credit....how exactly did Fox break the spirit of this team? He had nothing to do with allowing 8 starters to walk and not replacing them....he was hung out to dry. He is just a coach. The real issues that the Panther's suffer from go way beyond a coach.

I take back the working for Richardson part....you must be related...otherwise you wouldn't be so confused about how much power a "coach" really possess and so blind about where the REAL problems lie.

#192 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,996 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

I hope Cam has a QB rating of 100.00 Sunday so this will all stop.

This is a very immature fan base

#193 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,823 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

How long you want to wait? Proof is in the pudding. Rivera is out coached every Sunday. Rivera was a cheap gap stop coach and Richardson crossed his fingers and toes just hoping for another Fox type find. Biggest problem is Hurney applying band aids all over the place rather than providing quality role players to fill in the gaps.

You give Fox way too much credit....how exactly did Fox break the spirit of this team? He had nothing to do with allowing 8 starters to walk and not replacing them....he was hung out to dry. He is just a coach. The real issues that the Panther's suffer from go way beyond a coach.

I take back the working for Richardson part....you must be related...otherwise you wouldn't be so confused about how much power a "coach" really possess and so blind about where the REAL problems lie.

did i say fox broke the spirit of the team? i said he formed an apathetic culture of "it is what it is". his players resented it and were happy to move on from it.

i agree about hurney, fwiw. not nearly enough balance in building the team and i've been saying that for a while. i think he gambles(d) too much with draft picks. he and richardson shouldn't have handled the 2010 season the way they did...they should have just fired fox and gone out trying to hire another HC to start rebuilding with. shouldn't have drafted clausen. shouldn't have traded up for edwards. shouldn't have traded up for brown the year before.

i did agree with them deciding to move on from fox, though. imo, rivera gets a pass for last year because of the situation he fell into. he wasn't left with much to work with and wasn't given enough time to work and he's new to the whole HC job.

this year is the year i'm in wait and see with him. i want to see what he does with where they are now and i'm not going to start acting like the season is a wash. i want this team to grow and improve this year over last and i want them to continue. if they don't then changes will probably need to be made on whatever side of the ball is struggling. rivera doesn't have a long contract. there's been no extensions given nor has he given reason for it yet. fox had several years to take the team back to the superbowl but instead went on a steady decline...but he still had more than enough of a chance to get the team where we all want them to be and he failed. i am 100% fine with rivera living out his contract here to see what he can do. if he's just average then i say move on. if the team keeps on ending up with a top 10 pick in the draft then we've got a problem. if they can't get to .500 this year or next then rivera probably doesn't need to keep his job any further.

i'm giving rivera the benefit of the doubt this year. if things don't get turned around this year then i'm going to start doubting whether he can. if he can't get it turned around next year then i think it's time to move on.

hurney...i've got no loyalty there.

#194 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,574 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

I hope Cam has a QB rating of 100.00 Sunday so this will all stop.

This is a very immature fan base

158 would be even better

#195 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

i'm giving rivera the benefit of the doubt this year. if things don't get turned around this year then i'm going to start doubting whether he can. if he can't get it turned around next year then i think it's time to move on.

A good coach could take the talent on this team and win...but that's really not the issue...the issue is teams come out and play their game plan against Rivera and he does nothing to adjust and even when the Panthers are in the game poor play calls, clock management and bend not break defense mentality kill our chances of winning close games.

Rivera is not a good coach. That's obvious. Why should we have to wait 2 or 3 years to achieve 500? One year is enough and in my opinion too much in the NFL. The only break I'll give Rivera was the lockout...that's over....there are no excuses for the poor coaching I've seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.