Photo
- - - - -

The Charlotte Observer pokes fun at Cam Newton?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#16 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Still ridiculous that the Observer would allow it in our paper. Cam is the ONLY reason we are even close to relevant right now... There are a lot of other candidates that would be much better deserved being depicted in a satirical cartoon before Cam.

I guess Nawrocki picked up drawing in his spare time.

#17 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

What is this newspaper you speak of? That's something they had back in the 1800's right?

papyrus

#18 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

Now it's on NFL.com. I hope Cam sees that everyone is seeing this crap and does his best to not let this happen again.

Right, I got it off there

Then it says Observer and I'm like what, until I click the link. Now people saying he's not even a person there, they just allowed it to be posted

WTF WTF

#19 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

Mr Mojo Risin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Wow that is ridiculous I mean if the city of Charlotte doesn't appreciate Cam Newton and everything he has done for us so far then maybe he should leave at the end of his rookie contract that's pathetic.

#20 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hi, I'm here to check in on all the cry babies who see Cam as their son and like to protect him from people picking on him.

#21 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

Welcome to Prime Time. Charlotte has a superstar so the rest of the world pays attention. They'll all jump on the bandwagon when he wins and hate him like someone who takes their skills to southbeach.

#22 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,552 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

." This comes on the heels of Newton sulking on the Panthers bench to end last week's game, but this cartoon seems as out of touch as the existence of newspaper cartoons in general. Would we see an Indianapolis paper take on Peyton Manning in his second year or even a New York paper take on Eli Manning like this? Did the St. Louis Post-Dispatch mock Sam Bradford last year? All of those No. 1 picks did less than Newton as rookies. Newton's rookie season is the one that all rookies are now be measured by . Just three games into an up-and-down year, it's clear the locals expect a lot more out of him in 2012. 

http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000066380/

#23 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

Mr Mojo Risin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi, I'm here to check in on all the cry babies who see Cam as their son and like to protect him from people picking on him.

When the people "picking" on him are the ones that are supposed to be supporting him then yes there is a problem with that. I don't care if the Observer were the ones that came up with the cartoon or not they still allowed it to be published that's bullshit.

#24 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

Is it against some unspoken code to criticize your QB as a fan?

Our fanbase sure got used to it with Collins and Delhomme so I don't see why people view all of the Cam criticism as such an odd thing unless they became fans when we got Cam. Learn to be a fan of a franchise with an aspiring icon and entertainer and by that I mean expect this type of sh*t on a near daily basis

#25 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Charlotte media did this? Wow I would understand if it was ATL media but for Charlotte to take a shot at it's new superstar...

smh

#26 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

Mr Mojo Risin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Our fanbase sure got used to it with Collins and Delhomme so I don't see why people view all of the Cam criticism as such an odd thing unless they became fans when we got Cam. Learn to be a fan of a franchise with an aspiring icon and entertainer and by that I mean expect this type of sh*t on a near daily basis

I don't expect the Charlotte media to throw him under the bus especially when he isn't the problem. Like a few posts above yours have you heard about the St. Louis media throwing bradford under the bus? What about Peyton in Indy? Brady in NE? There are some things you don't do the media needs to let this "sulking" bs go and quit beating a dead horse.

And btw that isn't criticizing that is just childish BS.

#27 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,552 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Again, like the article I posted from NFL.com, we didn't see this from Bradford or Eli in their second years.

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,691 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

pretty weak IMO, shows what an immature sports town charlotte is.

#29 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

Posted Image

Oh word?

Remember my thread about how Charlotte media won't call out Hurney/JR

f*** that poo man....totally out of line...this is the greatest rookie QB in history, and 3 games into his 2nd year...WTF do they want...smh

#30 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,691 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

i also think it looks a lot more like someone's fat caucasian cross-dressing uncle than cam newton, but maybe its supposed to be ironic somehow idk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com