Photo
- - - - -

The Charlotte Observer pokes fun at Cam Newton?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#31 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,688 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

http://m.nfl.com/new...p1000000066380/

LOL @ all the examples he gave being white.

Wonder why this guy chose Cam?

Ignorant people piss me off... Makes me wonder if some people cryogenically froze themselves 60 years ago and just woke back up and saw Cam.

#32 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

f*** that poo man....totally out of line...this is the greatest rookie QB in history, and 3 games into his 2nd year...WTF do they want...smh

Seriously though stuff like this is what will run the man out of town. The team sucks and the charlotte media isn't giving him any support by posting stuff like this it's almost like what's the point in trying if this is the results that are going to come from it that is just a stupid a** move on their part.

#33 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

My thoughts exactly philly... i was thinking why the hell is this dude white?

#34 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Double post

#35 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

This is my main problem

http://www.carolinah...36#entry1913936

#36 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

I dunno, I thought it was worth a chuckle. If this were a major media market it would be 100 times worse. Look at the pounding Snchez and Cutler take. Comes with the territory.

#37 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

I don't even remember the Observer going after Clausen like this, who hands down was the worst QB in Panthers history. I guess Clausen gets a pass cause hm, hairdo? Or um, skin color?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but Cam was a #1 overall draft pick and is seen as the face of the franchise now. Plus I don't rememrber Clausen doing any kind of celebrations...not that he was good enough to do any.

If Cam didn't expect things like this to happen, then he's living on another planet. Home town papers generally target high profile players like Cam when the going is tough.

BTW...I think the cartoon is a little much.

#38 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,290 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

I dunno, I thought it was worth a chuckle. If this were a major media market it would be 100 times worse. Look at the pounding Snchez and Cutler take. Comes with the territory.

Sanchez and Cutler aren't in their SECOND year.

#39 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,290 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

Remember that time the Tampa-Tribune start bashing Freeman profusely last year? Yeah, me neither.

#40 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Sanchez and Cutler aren't in their SECOND year.

True. But I think this guy needs the direct approach. Auburn shielded him from criticism during "pay for play-gate". Might as well learn what real life is like early.

#41 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

I'll never read the observer again, God strike me dead

#42 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Charlotte Observer picks on the pro bowl QB; instead of directing anything at Rivera or Chud, etc. Mcdermott.

B/c no one outside of Charlotte knows who those guys are. Thing is, they want to sell papers. SO it was a smart move. But the newspaper business is a slimy one as a whole. This is brutal

#43 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:31 PM

Remember that time the Tampa-Tribune start bashing Freeman profusely last year? Yeah, me neither.

Are you going to cry yourself to sleep over this?

#44 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

It's a shame our fan base has to be associated with the decision makers that let this happen.

#45 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Remember that time the Tampa-Tribune start bashing Freeman profusely last year? Yeah, me neither

Bucs Q&A: Is Josh Freeman still a franchise quarterback?

Have a question about the Bucs? Tribune reporters Roy Cummings and Ira Kaufman will answer it. Submit your question now.
Q: Anybody still think Josh Freeman is a franchise/elite quarterback? I think he's just more flotsam left in the wake of the Raheem Morris regime. And to think we traded up in the first round for RaheemMorris's Kansas State "homeboy." Even Vincent Jackson and Dallas Clark seemed disgusted with him during the game. What do you think?
~ Alan, Melbourne
A. Freeman turns out to be mediocre, the Bucs could be in serious trouble for years. He's still young, and he showed tremendous potential in 2010 before regressing last year. He definitely played poorly at Dallas, but Freeman's protection was suspect and I didn't see much separation for his targets. Still, he's got to do a lot better to prompt a long-term contract offer.
~ Ira Kaufman

http://www2.tbo.com/...back-ar-511579/

Just one example.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.