Photo
- - - - -

The Charlotte Observer pokes fun at Cam Newton?

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#106 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

well its one thing for us to do it, but our paper is another!if he has mental issues, he'll remember this when time to resign.

Nothing to do with mental issues...

If he is highly competive and wants to win.....and Carolina hasn't given him a team to compete with near his contract? Why would he want to stay? Why not leave for a bigger market, a homefield advantage, and a competive team around him where the solution to every problems isn't Cam needs to be better?

#107 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

The media's job is too evaluate the team and offer criticism when they perform poorly. I see no problem with the picture. Cam whines a lot and he's known for that celebration. Superman is supposed to be invincible yet the Panthers keep losing games. Also the Hello Kitty reference is nothing new, ESPN has done it several times before with the Panthers.

Some of you should grow up a bit. You take it all too personally. If they didn't play so poorly on Thursday this picture would've not been drawn. They have no one to blame but themselves. Quarterbacks are leaders of the football team. When the team wins they gain most praise and when they lose they receive the most blame.

#108 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

those issues aren't our total issues. Our problems are much bigger than Cam. He can be better if he truly wants it. Our problems start with basically having the same team mentality as last year...potential does win games...overrated players don't either.. and yes i say overrated because they prove they aren't. its the same thing every year. we have no secondary, no fire, no run d, and i'll just stop there.... now with that said in the end if he leaves if healthy he'll get another shot and the PANTHERS will again be known as the problem. Remember Peppers?

#109 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Bottom line is the media tried to make a fool of him.... the question is will he get fired up "for real" or continue like he is now...

#110 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,460 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Oh, the famous You Can't Have Fun At The Expense Of Your QB In Their Second Year Rule! Someone needs to tell the Observer that ASAP.

MY GOD, I have never seen so many spineless, hillbilly, mama's boys in my life. Give me one good reason why the Observer should suck the teat of every single Panthers player? Right, there is none. They are in the business of putting news online, and in their print edition. They are not affiliated with the Panthers in any way. Just as we like to vent over piss poor games by our team here on the Huddle, the paper's writers have every right to do the same. GUESS WHAT... they do. Why don't you get all upset when they give Cam a bad grade or talk poorly of him in an article? Hell, even Zod would give Cam less than As or Bs in his little game grade post if he played like ass. This just happens to be a cartoon... a "poor performance article" depicted in a drawing. Get a grip. This is what papers do. Forget that thing I wrote at the start, as whomever did their research surely didn't look at every St. Louis and Indianapolis newspaper from years ago. I bet my damn life NY papers thrashed Eli's play when he was a youngin'.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have NO connection to Cam. Why do you get so butthurt when someone speaks poorly of him? Is your life that pathetic that you have to latch on to him and this team like he's your own child and the team means the world to you? Do you walk around town with Panthers colors on like some sort of gang member feeling you have to protect your turf? It's sad guys. And you've made me act like you and rant and moan. I won't let it happen again.

Someone is mad because I'm not taking part in the bash Cam Newton tour. Lol stop worrying that people are defending Cam. You're the definition of butthurt.

#111 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:25 PM

The media's job is too evaluate the team and offer criticism when they perform poorly. I see no problem with the picture. Cam whines a lot and he's known for that celebration. Superman is supposed to be invincible yet the Panthers keep losing games. Also the Hello Kitty reference is nothing new, ESPN has done it several times before with the Panthers.

Some of you should grow up a bit. You take it all too personally. If they didn't play so poorly on Thursday this picture would've not been drawn. They have no one to blame but themselves. Quarterbacks are leaders of the football team. When the team wins they gain most praise and when they lose they receive the most blame.

lol...Cam whines a lot? Whining involves talking and complaining. He simply can't stomach losing....and plays for an organization that deals with it fairly easily.

#112 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Building a great team starts with building the foundation. The foundation:
  • Ownership
  • Front office
  • Coaches
  • Fans
If our own Newspaper is poking fun at our Franchise QB, what does that say about us a Franchise?

#113 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

• Ownership
  • Front office
  • Coaches
  • Fans
If our own Newspaper is poking fun at our Franchise QB, what does that say about us a Franchise?

Think it says our "franchise" QB has decent odds of following the new trend of guys deciding they want to change teams and flexing their muscle to get that done....

No point in Cam taking it on the chin....for what everyone else created. He was a playoff caliber QB last year.....was 6-10 bc of where he played.

#114 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

only thing the observer is doing is making themselves out to be someone that the panthers won't want to talk to when things are going well.

our beat reporters will continue to get scooped because they've been acting like pricks and no one in the panthers clubhouse will want to talk to them. i seriously wouldn't blame any panther for turning down anyone at the observer for an interview. it's not being butthurt, either. it's not wanting to bother with pricks who will take cheapshots at you. no way i would waste my time with the observer after that. they certainly aren't owed anything. insults don't bother me, but when they come all it does is tell me that that person just isn't worth my time. i'd treat the observer just in the same way.

#115 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Think it says our "franchise" QB has decent odds of following the new trend of guys deciding they want to change teams and flexing their muscle to get that done....

PSL holders en masse give their tickets away to fans from other teams rather than finding panther fans to get them to. the local paper treats you like crap. yeah, i wouldn't blame him for wanting to go somewhere that actually had a loyal fanbase and a town that actually knew how to support his team and him.

#116 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

No point in Cam taking it on the chin....for what everyone else created. He was a playoff caliber QB last year.....was 6-10 bc of where he played.

Oh ok, I stopped reading as soon as I seen the cartoon, my bad.

#117 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

The only two people that have done their job right so far are the cartoonist and the Observer. They wanted traffic/readers and not only was it posted on NFL.com but we're already 8 pages in talking about a silly cartoon. Job well done. Meanwhile, people would rather there be a cartoon with someone like Charles Godfrey or the Cap'n. Yeah... THAT would generate something lol.

Again, the Oberver is a NEWS PAPER and Online Blog... they are not part of the Panthers nor are the Panthers their main focus. Why on earth would you expect them to cater and pander to the team?

I did hear though that the original cartoon simply had Cam frowning after his 3 INTs, and the caption said: DON'T WORRY, MASTER OF THIS CITY AND THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US, IT'LL GET BETTER SOON. GO TEAM! SUPERBOWL THOUGHTS! WAR PANHTERS!

But they decided that was a bit too much so they went in the current direction.

Blah, blah, I talk too much but NFL.com says it best...

Cam Newton might have met his kryptonite in the form of a sophomore season. A Carolina newspaper sure thinks so and isn't afraid to say so to last season's Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Isn't afraid being the key phrase, unlike some of you.

#118 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,057 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

• Ownership
  • Front office
  • Coaches
  • Fans

To me, it's that we don't know how to have a superstar, don't know how to appreciate one. God he's a record setting 23 year old QB. I mean for Chrissakes.

#119 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

The only two people that have done their job right so far are the cartoonist and the Observer. They wanted traffic/readers and not only was it posted on NFL.com but we're already 8 pages in talking about a silly cartoon. Job well done. Meanwhile, people would rather there be a cartoon with someone like Charles Godfrey or the Cap'n. Yeah... THAT would generate something lol.

Again, the Oberver is a NEWS PAPER and Online Blog... they afre not part of the Panthers nor are the Panthers their main focus. Why on earth would you expect them to cater and pander to the team?

I did hear though that the original cartoon simply had Cam frowning after his 3 INTs, and the caption said: DON'T WORRY, MASTER OF THIS CITY AND THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US, IT'LL GET BETTER SOON. GO TEAM! SUPERBOWL THOUGHTS! WAR PANHTERS!

But they decided that was a bit too much to they went in the current direction.

Um, how is a newspaper going to actually report good news and write stories in regards to the only decent sports organization in the area.....when they so quickly jump to this poo?

Players and an organization have to trust their local paper I order to give them stuff....you know the actual stuff worth reporting that is generally dependent on the two sides respecting each other.

I mean sure, we can get Steve Smith mouthing off.....but I assure you there are better things out there for us than that type stuff.

#120 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

To me, it's that we don't know how to have a superstar, don't know how to appreciate one. God he's a record setting 23 year old QB. I mean for Chrissakes.

Sure we do....Peppers was the most physically gifted Panther drafted prior to Cam. Even though the front office let the line around him go from strong to complete dog poo....Peppers was suppose to save us. He didn't save us....so we declared him a heartless POS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com