Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking dead season 3

1,011 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah I've told y'all 1 million times now Kirkman said the show isn't going to be a parallel, linear story if the comic. Kirkman said this himself. Where would the fun be in watching the show? Daryl/Merle are strictly TV characters.

Also - to the person who asked about Morgan from episode 1:

has been seen on set and will make an appearnce. A quick appearnce. He comes back is crazy and gets bit. Rick puts him down. 1-2 episodes

Seems anti climactic, I know a lot of people have been waiting for him to come back. In the comic the meet in the same way, and reuinte for quite some time.(Can't remember if it was before or after the prison.) Seems odd they would bring him back just to kill him off but w/e. In the comic his son had been bitten and turned, but was kept alive(like the governors daughter in the show, so that may be where the concept came from), and him and Rick bonded over their lost loved ones after they meet again. Maybe that is how Rick truly ends up "rehabbing" from Lori's death.

PS Love that they added Tyrese. And I know that you can't have 2 guys that fill the same archetype, of the people who read the comics, who really wants to see Abraham?

Posted

Seems anti climactic, I know a lot of people have been waiting for him to come back. In the comic

the meet in the same way, and reuinte for quite some time.(Can't remember if it was before or after the prison.) Seems odd they would bring him back just to kill him off but w/e. In the comic his son had been bitten and turned, but was kept alive(like the governors daughter in the show, so that may be where the concept came from), and him and Rick bonded over their lost loved ones after they meet again. Maybe that is how Rick truly ends up "rehabbing" from Lori's death.

PS Love that they added Tyrese. And I know that you can't have 2 guys that fill the same archetype, of the people who read the comics, who really wants to see Abraham?

COMIC SPOILERS!!!!!

Dear god man....I've read it, but fug. Use spoiler tags for this poo because not everybody here has read that far in the comics.

Posted

Accidental Post

Posted

seriously some of you have got I be the most selfish clowns on planet earth

"but if I use spoiler tags, how will everyone know I'm cool! They have to know that I know what happens in the comic! It makes me a l33t poster!!"

Posted

Rewatched the original with AMCs "black and white" gimmick (thought it would be cheesy, but it kinda works).

During the final scenes when Rick first gets to the city, asked myself "wonder how much effort it took to make Atlanta look like a nasty, god-forsaken hellhole...

...then realized I had answered my own question.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm kind of tired of the comics. It seems like they're just spinning their wheels now and not really going anywhere. I still think that they actually need to have a definitive end for the series instead of trying to make it go on forever. There's only so many stories that can be told without just rehashing things. I really don't want

1) Rick finds supposed safe haven

2) 5 issues of boring poo

3) conflict arises for a few issues

4) Rick hits the road again after some of the characters die

5) optional CARL GETS INJURED OH poo subplot

to go on forever.

Posted

rick dies around issue 400 and carl becomes the main character

hows that for a spoiler

if rick ever finds a "safe haven" i will make kirkman's existence a living hell for the rest of his life

as far as carl getting injured....

yeah poo happens

i think carl will end up killing rick when rick becomes too unstable

Posted

The comic series will eventually end. I mean, they've already foreshadowed that the dead aren't really a threat anymore in at least 2 ways:

They die off pretty fast in the winter months, and they can starve to second death...

Sure,

Everyone alive now is theoretically going to become a walker

...but

maybe they find a cure?

Posted

they will not find a cure

its not the purpose of the story

Posted

that scene between Daryl and Merle after rescuing that Hispanic family was fantastic.

Posted

Remind me: Andrea did see the whole "wall of heads" thing, right?

Could anybody actually see a sight like that and still stay with the person that set it up?

People sometimes complain that male sci-fi/horror/action authors aren't very good at writing women. Stuff like this gives credence to that.

On another female character note, while I never found Lori especially attractive, I would say the "ghost in a white, backless dress" look worked for her.

Posted

On the flip side, Darryl is one of the best characters written for TV that I've ever seen. Hard to imagine the comic story being without him.

I could imagine Carl having the potential to be a great character as well.

Would add for tonight that Michonne's "WTF" face watching Rick show affection to open air was great. Also have to say I never knew a hatchback could be a deadly weapon :lol: