#843 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,386 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

I agree with PSC... Zombies are just a plot device at this point...

Isn't that essentially true of the entire zombie genre though?

Heck, you could say that of monster stories in general.

#844 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

best character down

#845 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,954 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

When Rick announced that he was going to give Michonne up at the start of the ep, it got me out of kilter because I tout that all that was settled earlier.

A lot of the ep. was a bit predictable but it was great to see Merle do what he did, and again, the show takes you where you didn't think it would in his case.

#846 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Spoilers for tonight's episode. If you haven't seen it, skip this.

Episode was great. Reedus is phenomenal. Great lead up to next week.

I have a theory with the Merle/Michonne deal. Michonne's chained walkers, they were used to protect her, right?
What if Merle had what he did planned from the start? what if taking Michonne was his way of showing her that he isn't a monster. it was his chance to tell her where his heart was. help her understand him. but the imagery. at one point, he held on to the long piece of wire that was tying her hands together as she walked in front of him...just like her walkers did....to protect her. him taking her out to "give her up to the Governor" was his way of protecting her from Rick, because while Merle didn't know what Rick would ultimately decide, he did know the RIGHT choice was not giving Michonne up. He lead her out to protect her. might be a stretch...but if that was intentional, then the writing for this show is amazing.

#847 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,386 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

It's a sign of good writing when events can be open to different interpretations.

#848 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

It's a sign of good writing when events can be open to different interpretations.

Absolutely

#849 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

I have a theory with the Merle/Michonne deal. Michonne's chained walkers, they were used to protect her, right?
What if Merle had what he did planned from the start? what if taking Michonne was his way of showing her that he isn't a monster. it was his chance to tell her where his heart was. help her understand him. but the imagery. at one point, he held on to the long piece of wire that was tying her hands together as she walked in front of him...just like her walkers did....to protect her. him taking her out to "give her up to the Governor" was his way of protecting her from Rick, because while Merle didn't know what Rick would ultimately decide, he did know the RIGHT choice was not giving Michonne up. He lead her out to protect her. might be a stretch...but if that was intentional, then the writing for this show is amazing.

Wow I really like that interpretation...

#850 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,772 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

Yeah, very interesting episode... Idk if lightsout has it correct or not, but I def think the writers were using this to show Merle did have a heart even if he had done some twisted and evil things... he knew what kind of monster the Governor really is.

This one did nothing but cement the fact that Daryl is by far my fav character. I also like how Carol has developed as well.

#851 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Pretty sure her Zombies followed her around instead of leading her.
*shrug*

#852 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Great episode. Can't wait for next week.

I'm afraid that the show is gearing up to kill off more than one main person in the finale. I'm just concerned about how that will effect the comic parallel and characters in the future that we may or may not get to see.

Spoiler

#853 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

This season is definitely all about loyalty and what it means to be loyal. Every character has embraced and expressed loyalty in their own unique fashion.

#854 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

I liked how they revealed Merle was turned. Hearing a zombie eat then seeing a close up shot of Merles eyes.

#855 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,599 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

On a side note, can you imagine walking around during the ZA and seeing a zombie with a homemade bladehand contraption eating someone? I'd be like if this guy turned into a zombie, wtf chance do I have to survive?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: walking dead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.