• Please log in to reply
1010 replies to this topic

#946 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

They are switching out characters it seems to me. Herschel for Dale, Daryl for Tyreese (sort of), Beth for Sophia, and now it looks like someone could be stepping in for Andrea (maybe Tyreese on the show will be more like the andrea character in the comics, etc.) I like that they are changing it. And Andreas character on the show was being set up to die since Amy died it seems to me.

It will be interesting to see who the new front running women will be, how they end the governor story, and who from Woodbury sticks around long term.

#947 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,569 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

Tyrese wouldn't look anywhere near as good in lacy underwear as Andrea did :blink:

I actually like that they've departed even further from the comics. Not saying the comics were bad. I just appreciate not being able to predict what will happen on the show based on what happened in the comic.

#948 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,014 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

Comics or not, they have got to lose the prison early next season to keep it interesting. I was hoping that this episode would have stayed a little close to the ending of the first compendium. It's not so much that it was bad, they just didn't wrap up this arc as neatly as they could have.

Maybe they'll handle it in October.

#949 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,569 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

At some point, Chandler Riggs is gonna have a growth spurt.

Be interesting to see how they handle that if it happens at an inconvenient time :lol:

#950 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Carl is now the new Shane, which is great considering where Rick was back in season 2 and where he is now. He has neglected teaching Carl about the world and how things need to be done, and in doing that, Carl has adopted more of Shane's "we gotta kill every single threat and do things we wouldn't normally do or we all die" mindset.

Glad that the prison group just got huge. Gives us more to look at and more characters to get involved. I think Karen becomes a BIG part of the group, honestly. To that "front running woman", Karen is it, I think.

#951 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,569 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Carl as Shane 2.0 crossed my mind as well.

#952 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

This show is just.... it's just bad. I can't defend it anymore. The acting is terrible and now they have went too far away from the comic. Carl does what has to be done, and he's learned. Rick, never learns on the show. He deals with a psychopath and then what does he do? Start a daycare for weaklings.

Then letting Gov go? It's obvious they are trying to extend this show to 20 seasons or something. They need to go back down to 12-13 episodes and less stupid filler. I'm sorry, but this is NOT Breaking Bad, you don't need "character" episodes in filler when the acting is CW network bad.

Maybe I'm up in arms since I did read the comic and I realize they've wasted some great story arcs, not sure.

#953 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

The TV show is based on the comic. It's a completely different storyline. If you think "the book was better", then think it. But if you can't comprehend that it's 2 different entities, you're missing out.

#954 Shaqil915

Shaqil915

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Not going to lie, pretty weak finale.

#955 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

The TV show is based on the comic. It's a completely different storyline. If you think "the book was better", then think it. But if you can't comprehend that it's 2 different entities, you're missing out.

Even without comics or a book, that would have been a terrible finale, no matter what.

#956 uncpanther

uncpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:44 AM

Even without comics or a book, that would have been a terrible finale, no matter what.

I think terrible is going too far - it wasn't terrible but there were some episodes during the season that were better. They should have ended the governor, If need be made a 2HR finale.

#957 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

First 45 minutes - excellent.

Last 15 minutes - some of the worst TV I've ever watched in my life.

#958 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Why was it so bad? Was it because the spoilers you read were wrong or what you wanted to go down actually didn't? Think back to the farm and the way everyone kept complaining about the show but they were just building us up to the barn scene. This was one of the greatest scenes I've ever experienced with television and I'd like to wait and see where they are going with it now before calling it terrible.

#959 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,514 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

Basically they just stretched out the plot line.

Next season:

Gov gets a tank
somemore goons
drives a horde of Z's through the fence
everyone dies.

#960 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Why was it so bad? Was it because the spoilers you read were wrong or what you wanted to go down actually didn't? Think back to the farm and the way everyone kept complaining about the show but they were just building us up to the barn scene. This was one of the greatest scenes I've ever experienced with television and I'd like to wait and see where they are going with it now before calling it terrible.

No IDC about the spoilers being wrong. I actually hoped they would be, but even that wouldn't have been this lame.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: walking dead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com