Photo
- - - - -

PTI just broke story on Observer Cartoon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#37 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Long segment about Cams cartoon picture on First Take today. One of the longest Cam segments to date.

#38 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:04 PM

People won't like it, but my thing is, if you think everyone is entitled to their opinion ....it works both ways. Stephen A is a loud mouth, but I think he was speaking from the heart. I don't necessarily agree with it all, but I did understand him.

My problem with the cartoon is...its THREE games of a 16 game season of a QBs 2nd season in the NFL. Look at history, why can't we wait?

#39 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
Guests

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

All I wanna know is if Green Bay media made a cartoon of A-Rod doing the gun smoke thing after his first down run on the first play of the game.

No? Just us? k...

#40 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Rodgers gets a pass because he has a ring. That doesn't make it fair in my opinion, but thats it works.

#41 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Really then why say the following?

You questioned someone else about their fandom because of something they said about our QB.

That has nothing to do with being a fan, you can support every person on the squad down to the waterboy, that's fine with me. Not everyone does, nor do they have to.

I have no agenda but I assure you I have no confusion about my loyalty either(and it doesn't revolve around 1 player)

That clown is your argument lol. I'm reasonably sure that isn't the first time someones been called out here. There is a difference in critiquing a player and just making flat out ignorant statements.

Who said I can't question someones fandom for being a jack ass? Maybe you and the people who "don't like that QB" would be happier with a lifetime of Stefan Lefors, Brett Basanez, and Jimmy Clausen.

Oh and lol hi Grits, I see you are doing the usual.

#42 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

here's a thought...why didn't they do this to Jake D?

Jake isnt black. His ambition and fiery behavior wasnt seen as a negative.

#43 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Jake isnt black. His ambition and fiery behavior wasnt seen as a negative.

Cam isn't getting criticized for fiery behavior, but the lack thereof. Hence, the Hello Kitty reference.

This isn't that hard to understand is it?

#44 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

I guess my problem with it is that if he hadn't done his "typical" TD celebration, he would have been called out for that too... I realize that with him "pouting" on the sidelines as some have proclaimed, then him celebrating when he got his TD it "looks" like he's being selfish... but I guarantee, would put money on it... had it been DWill, Smitty, Tolbert, Olsen or anyone else that scored that TD, Cam would have been right there in their face celebrating with them.

The guy likes to score, he likes to win... he hates to play bad... granted he's got some maturing to do, but he's 23, holy poo... who doesn't at 23? Like Dpanther said, it's 3 freaking games into a long season.

#45 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

Cam isn't getting criticized for fiery behavior, but the lack thereof. Hence, the Hello Kitty reference.

This isn't that hard to understand is it?

Cam isnt getting criticized for a lack of, he's being criticized for being black playing NFL QB, wearing a towel over his head, being too ambitious while being black, and being too "fiery" about losing in his press conference. He's also being accused of being a selfish player who only cares about the spotlight and his brand.

Comprendo? Bueno.

#46 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

SUPPORTER

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

This topic is well done and over done; but, reality is, Newton isn't 'fiery' in his press conference. He isn't comprehendible.

Big difference.

Still that is fixable and not a crucifible condition.

My issue is simply that we have Ray Lewis, affillated with a murder, we have the Steelers QB with all grades of drama and his abuse of women, we have, my personal favorite, Dez Bryant knocking his Mother around, and what gets the cartoon, a 23 year old QB's celebration.

Give me a break.