Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defense getting pushed around...

78 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

munnerlyn?

no.

i guess i should have been more specific...and angry player who backs up that chip on their shoulder with their play on the field.

munnerlyn's "attitude" is the equivalent of an aggravating chihuahua that you want to just kick across the room.

Theres no such thing of a Pro Bowl player with a chip on their shoulders if that's what you're looking for. Maybe a 15 yr vet may have something to prove.

It's nothing with the attitude of the players on D. The problem is the coaching.

Posted · Report post

munnerlyn?

no.

i guess i should have been more specific...and angry player who backs up that chip on their shoulder with their play on the field.

munnerlyn's "attitude" is the equivalent of an aggravating chihuahua that you want to just kick across the room.

Munnerlyn has easily been our best CB this year. Granted his role is not what it was last season but for what he's been asked to do he has done it better than the others.

Posted · Report post

Of all the issues this team has. Chico's "stoic" attitude is about as important as how fuging short the grass is cut.

No way.

RR's attitude has a lot to do with how this team is playin. I'm not talking about how Rivera is on the field only. If Rivera is as stoic as it get, I wonder how much extra attitude he puts on the practice field or in the building.

This team won't change it's attitude if Rivera doesn't change himself.

Posted · Report post

Munnerlyn has easily been our best CB this year. Granted his role is not what it was last season but for what he's been asked to do he has done it better than the others.

this is like saying he's the apple that's not quite as rotten as the others.

the defense has no impact players. at best, they have players that do their job.

Posted · Report post

I think we may need to expose the defense to some of those bath salts....the kind that turn you into a zombie and give you the urge to eat people's faces. That might work.

Posted · Report post

this is like saying he's the apple that's not quite as rotten as the others.

the defense has no impact players. at best, they have players that do their job.

It's bc of previous bad drafts and not using FA to your advantage. i.e. Carlos Rogers.

Posted · Report post

We only play with that attitude when Thomas Davis plays.

Posted · Report post

Ron Edwards is old and terrible.

Posted · Report post

Their effort to me, from the sitting in my living room crying over our defensive performances so far, has looked like a unit who expected to be bad. They're not hitting like they think they can win any battles and they're not following through like they think it will do any good.

Obviously there are exceptions but that's my overall impression.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Typical of this franchise to maintain the status quo after a terrible season and hope things will get better.

Posted · Report post

Of all the issues this team has. Chico's "stoic" attitude is about as important as how fuging short the grass is cut.

I disagree. I think it all starts with Chico's attitude and displaying a "stoic" attitude gives the impression of a lack of urgency and his lack of aggression on the sidelines is reflected through the players on the field.

A teams identity always starts with the HC.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't look at it as stoic, I see it as lost and confused