Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Defense getting pushed around...

78 posts in this topic

Posted

nothing to say

Posted

I disagree. I think it all starts with Chico's attitude and displaying a "stoic" attitude gives the impression of a lack of urgency and his lack of aggression on the sidelines is reflected through the players on the field.

A teams identity always starts with the HC.

I am still up in the air over it....

But if that is the case....how do you explain those San Diego defenses and Chicago defenses.

Posted

But if that is the case....how do you explain those San Diego defenses and Chicago defenses.

It could be that managing the whole team is too much for him while coordinating a unit without all the administrative stuff is his forte.

Posted

Obviously it was Lovie Smith and Norv Turner yelling at everyone that got those D's to perform.

Posted

If that doesn't do it, nothing will...

I also wish Rivera would chew their asses and spit them out.

I agree, but you might want to be carefull with that thought. I called for a coach to show emotion on the sideline and I got blasted for it. pantherclaw might get angry again because he feals that "as a grown man, having another grown man yell, scream, cuss, doesn't do anything to inspire me, or show me that he is a true leader of men."

I personally feel that you get what you allow. Rivera may be more vocal in the lockerroom or at practice, but at times, it's needed on the sideline. Kinda like raising kids, you can discipline them at home, but sometimes they WILL test you outside of the home. A quick, deliberate response to show your stance works best. Yes you can wait, but it's less effective.

Posted

SD was only good for 1 out of his 3 years as DC and Chicago is just as good without him as it was with him which leads me to believe their success had more to do with the system and players than anything he did.

The problem with the Panther's D right now is they need strong direction and I just don;t see them getting it.

I can't help but think the Rivera's first mistake was not hiring a strong DC - or at least someone who had a proven track record. All he got with McD was someone who had already failed in his one attempt.

1 person likes this

Posted

couple comments from chris harris that echo that of others who rivera coached...

"Rivera is a well-respected guy by all of us here in Chicago," Bears safety Chris Harris, a former Panthers player, told The Charlotte Observer. "He's a guy who will demand respect. He's a great communicator. Wasn't a huge yeller, but he got the most out of all his players.

"He treats all his players like men while demanding respect without having to be an in-your-face kind of guy.

Posted

Both Losses this year have come down to coaching not players. We are basically the 49ers of yesteryears.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not attitude, coach's facial expressions, or the angle of the blade on the mower. It's talent, and we are devoid of it at the DT position and for the most part at the DE position.

Hurney does not value the DT position and has no idea how to draft, acquire, or hire coaches that create said pressure.

Posted

McDermont will be a fall guy if we end the season with a horrible D and/or losing record.

For Marty and Chico

This is so true, Hell will freeze over the day Hurney is held accountable for anything on this team.

Posted

Both Losses this year have come down to coaching not players. We are basically the 49ers of yesteryears.

Yep, And if we lose again on Sunday, i hope Cam is prepared to take all the heat again.

Posted

Disagree with that. Coaching has hurt the offense.....D has been a healthy combo of players and coaching. Wasn't the coaches fault Godfrey was a joke a that first TD Thur night, Beason had HUGE lapses on easy plays and gifts, etc.

Even on offense, we should of tied that game 7-7...and who knows how it unfolds I'd we counter their intitial momentum. Option worked well....setup Williams for a nice score. Smitty just half assed a block he makes every week.