• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Hope we can win this one...don't see it happening, defense will have to play with some fire, loss of beason could hurt in terms of communication but his tackling and overall play has been pretty shoddy so far

#32 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

I didn't feel good about week 1 - voiced to the board I thought many were overconfident in what would occur.

I felt great about week 2 heading in.

Week 3, I felt losing Stewart would make it tough to get rolling with that DL.

So what doesn't CRA think about week 4? Well, I am not sure about Stewart's health. Not sure about Chud's play calling or the D in general. But what I am sure about is Cam hasn't faced this type of negative heat and press except for 2 times since I have followed the young man. At Auburn and upon entering the league....the result was dominance. I don't really think much matters this week....bc I think Cam is mentally where he needs to be. He shines under hate. He excells when he is rooted against. Entering this season the winds were changing....those that doubted him were becoming fans....believed maybe they were wrong.

My point is simple. When gas is thrown on the Cam fire by the media....he does great things.

You must have slept through the draft season then because they went after Cam like he was a runaway slave.

The ESPN and their sports buddies was relentless on generate negative energy aroundCam just to discourage teams from taking a chance on him at # 1. They wanted him to fall while pushing for a less talented QB to go at # 1. They seem quite hell-bent on teaching Cam some good old fashion lesson because he won't go down. He helped a not so media favor college team win their championship while they were ripping at him. They then felt they had a strong hold on him once he entered the NFL draft because he's now in their territory. He rose instead of falling and it enfuriated them. They then set the bar ridiculously high for him to leap over as a rookie and he did.

Now they are back at it again desparately trying to create a sophomore slump because their own chosen QBs all went through some form of sophomore slumps. They are hell bent on having Cam appear to be going through one even if they have to make it up. Yeah, Cam is having a melt down because he has a towel on his head and his body language was like his teammates..

#33 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

You must have slept through the draft season then because they went after Cam like he was a runaway slave.

The ESPN and their sports buddies was relentless on generate negative energy aroundCam just to discourage teams from taking a chance on him at # 1. They wanted him to fall while pushing for a less talented QB to go at # 1. They seem quite hell-bent on teaching Cam some good old fashion lesson because he won't go down. He helped a not so media favor college team win their championship while they were ripping at him. They then felt they had a strong hold on him once he entered the NFL draft because he's now in their territory. He rose instead of falling and it enfuriated them. They then set the bar ridiculously high for him to leap over as a rookie and he did.

Now they are back at it again desparately trying to create a sophomore slump because their own chosen QBs all went through some form of sophomore slumps. They are hell bent on having Cam appear to be going through one even if they have to make it up. Yeah, Cam is having a melt down because he has a towel on his head and his body language was like his teammates..

Jesus, give it up. We all know Cam is not always treated fairly by the media, but stop seeing everything that happens from that perspective. It just gets old.

Nothing wrong with re-emphasizing your point from time-to-time. You do make some good points. But reading the same thing day after day in every one of your posts is just tiring.

Sorry, but had to get that off my chest.

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

My initial post said, and upon entering the NFL.....

#35 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,193 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Jesus, give it up. We all know Cam is not always treated fairly by the media, but stop seeing everything that happens from that perspective. It just gets old.

Nothing wrong with re-emphasizing your point from time-to-time. You do make some good points. But reading the same thing day after day in every one of your posts is just tiring.

pretty much the reason i put him on ignore. the ONLY thing he does...the only thing he EVER does in here is talk about disrespect for cam and he can take any thread...any post that someone makes and spin it to be something about someone disrespecting cam. it's about as narrow-minded as TRD, grits, PFFL, and other hacks who constantly harp on just one thing to the point of annoyance quickly followed by boredom.

btw...please quit quoting him so much. thank you in advance. :)

#36 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

pretty much the reason i put him on ignore.

You're right. Think I'll follow your lead this time.

#37 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

I actually don't feel all that bad about playing the Falcons. Their run defense is nothing special, and I think we can get our read option going against them. With the read option working, we'll be in a postion to pass into favorable coverage. I think our offense will look more like we did against the Saints than we did against the Giants.

I have no idea what we're going to do on defense, and I've felt that way since RR arrived. When we drop a lot of defenders into coverage, the QB ends up throwing into huge windows. And when we bring pressure, the QB goes untouched and seems to have all the time in the world. Having said that, I think it's about time CJ has a big game.

#38 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

I actually don't feel all that bad about playing the Falcons. Their run defense is nothing special, and I think we can get our run option going against them. With the run option working, we'll be in a postion to pass into favorable coverage. I think our offense will look more like we did against the Saints than we did against the Giants.

I have no idea what we're going to do on defense, and I've felt that way since RR arrived. When we drop a lot of defenders into coverage, the QB ends up throwing into huge windows. And when we bring pressure, the QB goes untouched and seems to have all the time in the world. Having said that, I think it's about time CJ has a big game.

God please don't suggest more read option

#39 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

God please don't suggest more read option

I'm not that crazy about the read option at this point, but I do think we'll see more of it.

#40 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

If Beason can't go I'll bet we see a lot more of Thomas Davis.

#41 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,193 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

I don't know how any of you can feel good about these games going forward

Cmon, it's the NFL. Cleveland gave Baltimore a game last night.

#42 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

LOL...I say the same thing when I see the various version of the same ish about Cam on here also.

#43 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• ALL-PRO
  • 811 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

I didn't feel good about week 1 - voiced to the board I thought many were overconfident in what would occur.

I felt great about week 2 heading in.

Week 3, I felt losing Stewart would make it tough to get rolling with that DL.

So what doesn't CRA think about week 4? Well, I am not sure about Stewart's health. Not sure about Chud's play calling or the D in general. But what I am sure about is Cam hasn't faced this type of negative heat and press except for 2 times since I have followed the young man. At Auburn and upon entering the league....the result was dominance. I don't really think much matters this week....bc I think Cam is mentally where he needs to be. He shines under hate. He excells when he is rooted against. Entering this season the winds were changing....those that doubted him were becoming fans....believed maybe they were wrong.

My point is simple. When gas is thrown on the Cam fire by the media....he does great things.

I'm actually a little worried about how much time we had off between the weeks. Obviously it gave us more prep time for the Falcons and extra rest. But we don't typically do that well coming off of bye weeks, and while this isn't a true bye week, it's not a regular week either. I really hope we don't come out flat, as we sometimes prone to do coming off an extra long week.

#44 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Interesting comments on NFC Playbook about the Panthers defensively, no identity...constantly out of position.., and McNabb showing how out of position the safeties where on several plays that cost the Panthers dearly with the TEs...in 16 years and 4 coaches this team just can't seem to cover a TE to save themselves. Offensively, of course the focus Newton, no interceptions 7-1, throwing interceptions well we all know.

This game Newton also needs to settle down to go forward. This time he does not need to be the focal point of that running game.

This team needs to run, and run and run some more straight ahead, I formation with a TE until that O line settles down and keep the Falcons off the field.

If the run game has 150+ yards and Newton manages the game with no interceptions, the Panthers can win this game; however, if they leave that Falcon offense on the field, it's over.

One thing I noticed, no QB likes getting hit, Ryan likes it least of all and he's not very mobile. Hit him every time.

However, if our O-Coordinator comes out with a throwing mind set, well, turn out the lights, the party's over. The Falcons will kill the Panthers.

#45 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

However, if our O-Coordinator comes out with a throwing mind set, well, turn out the lights, the party's over. The Falcons will kill the Panthers.

In general, I agree. But there's nothing wrong with using the short passing game to change things up a bit. We just can't rely on low percentage 20+ yard pass plays as much as we do now.

Start out with the lower risk passes and the running game, then once Atlanta brings up their safeties, we can take our deep shots. Of course all this depends on the D keeping it close. If Atlanta marches up and down the field like the Giants, our offensive play calling will look a lot like the Giants game as well.

More than anything, Chud has to be patient and not panic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com