Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Bwood

I want Desmond Trufant

32 posts in this topic

I know a good corner when I see him.

I was a die hard Jayron Hosely fan and I wish we would've taken him in the 2nd (still love Silatolu) but just look how well he's panning out with the Giants.

Straight up shut down Steve Smith and got a pick against us. That dude would be our starter no doubt if we drafted him.

I really want a corner, but I think heading into next year: S, WR, DE, and OT will be bigger needs (in no order)

I want Johnthan Banks. 4 year starter, improved ever year, plays in the SEC, good size and speed. He can also play some safety

i wanted him in the second this year. i think there are corners better

Maybe but IMO I think Amerson, Banks and Miliner are better than Trufant, if we're going to draft a cb in the 1st.

Hed be a great 2nd rounder.

He isn't a good tackler, but neither is Chris Gamble.

And I don't want my corner doing a lot of tackling anyways, that means he isn't covering well.

Trufant puts his opponent on a island every down and fights for the ball every time it comes his way. Great ball skills.

Gamble has actually become a very good tackler, especially in space against WR's. He used to be horrible, but he's come a long, long way.

For me it depends on Morgan, I think our biggest need is at DL, we need a blue chip pass rusher bad.

I also want a legit number 1 WR before Smitty leaves.

Trufant is rated as the 20th overall corner in the draft and if he fell to the 4th I would love to have him!

Gamble has actually become a very good tackler, especially in space against WR's. He used to be horrible, but he's come a long, long way.

For me it depends on Morgan, I think our biggest need is at DL, we need a blue chip pass rusher bad.

I also want a legit number 1 WR before Smitty leaves.

Amen to that. I don't want to go into a draft with Smitty already having retired and depending on a rookie to step up and be our #1. I want Smitty's replacement to have a year in the league before he decides to hang 'em up.

I think our pass rush is fine now, I disagree with the need for a blue chip pass rusher unless it's a JPP level talent available to us that's good value at our spot and no other high-value positions of need have similar talent level available.

IMO, our top needs are DT (Ron Edwards replacement), FS, and #1 WR. I think we can wait til next year for the WR, as I don't want more 3rd+ round guys "hoping they pan out". I don't mind tossing a late pick at a guy like we did with Gettis, hoping something sticks to the wall, but unless we get lucky I want to make a significant investment in WR (1st round). Same thing with DT, and this year looks like a good one for DTs. I'm thinking that's what I want in the 1st this year, with a FS in the 2nd, OG with our next pick, then BPA.

Also won't be long til we have to invest a significant pick (1st or 2nd round) in Gross's replacement.

he needs some polishing up thats for sure, but he will be a great player in the NFL. I would wait for him to drop into the 2nd round, he will probably fall there