31 replies to this topic

#16 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,753 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

He isn't a good tackler, but neither is Chris Gamble.

And I don't want my corner doing a lot of tackling anyways, that means he isn't covering well.

Trufant puts his opponent on a island every down and fights for the ball every time it comes his way. Great ball skills.

Gamble has actually become a very good tackler, especially in space against WR's. He used to be horrible, but he's come a long, long way.

For me it depends on Morgan, I think our biggest need is at DL, we need a blue chip pass rusher bad.

I also want a legit number 1 WR before Smitty leaves.

#17 Panthersguru14

Panthersguru14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Trufant is rated as the 20th overall corner in the draft and if he fell to the 4th I would love to have him!

#18 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Gamble has actually become a very good tackler, especially in space against WR's. He used to be horrible, but he's come a long, long way.

For me it depends on Morgan, I think our biggest need is at DL, we need a blue chip pass rusher bad.

I also want a legit number 1 WR before Smitty leaves.

Amen to that. I don't want to go into a draft with Smitty already having retired and depending on a rookie to step up and be our #1. I want Smitty's replacement to have a year in the league before he decides to hang 'em up.

I think our pass rush is fine now, I disagree with the need for a blue chip pass rusher unless it's a JPP level talent available to us that's good value at our spot and no other high-value positions of need have similar talent level available.

IMO, our top needs are DT (Ron Edwards replacement), FS, and #1 WR. I think we can wait til next year for the WR, as I don't want more 3rd+ round guys "hoping they pan out". I don't mind tossing a late pick at a guy like we did with Gettis, hoping something sticks to the wall, but unless we get lucky I want to make a significant investment in WR (1st round). Same thing with DT, and this year looks like a good one for DTs. I'm thinking that's what I want in the 1st this year, with a FS in the 2nd, OG with our next pick, then BPA.

Also won't be long til we have to invest a significant pick (1st or 2nd round) in Gross's replacement.

#19 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

he needs some polishing up thats for sure, but he will be a great player in the NFL. I would wait for him to drop into the 2nd round, he will probably fall there

#20 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,753 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

He's not great so far against USC.

#21 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

He actually didn't have too bad of a game, and when you're on an island against Robert Woods or Marqise Lee that's a job well done....

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,753 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:19 AM

He got better as the game went on, but he was struggling early.

#23 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,961 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

I like Trufant, but NO WAY are we going to draft a corner in the draft.
Rivera is going to settle with Gamble and Norman as the starting cbs next year.
And why waste a pick on a corner? Corner is not as big a need as FS, DT, and WR.
But I expect to see Rivera or whoever is the HC next year to bring in a corner through FA.
One name to look at if Rivera is still here, and I have said it once and will say it again is "Antoine Cason". Remember his name huddle.

2013 FA has great cbs: Cason, DRC, Mike Jenkins, Grimes, Sean Smith.

#24 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

Desmond Trufant bump. This was my first prospect thread of the year and no he's starting to become a first round lock.

Complete shutdown corner.

#25 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,501 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Desmond Trufant bump. This was my first prospect thread of the year and no he's starting to become a first round lock.

Complete shutdown corner.

good call

As of now, let's say Milliner & Banks are gone when we pick...how do you personally rank Rhodes, Poyer & Trufant?

So far, I really like what I've read about that Poyer kid. Overall, I haven't gotten around to really looking at the CB in much depth yet so was wondering what you thought.

#26 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,881 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

Im starting to consider him as a viable candidate even at 14 and most certainly in a trade down scenario into the 20's.

I'm gonna watch some more tomorrow but he's a guy I like.

#27 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

PAC 12 corners > SEC corners.

Way tougher schemes and more pro style offense.

#28 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,891 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Trenches

The same way a better Oline helps the WR look better, sustain drives, open running game, keep defense fresh, the front seven getting more pressure make the secondary all of a sudden look much better.

First things first. Solidify Oline and DLine

#29 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

I hope we could trade down into the 20s and grab him, so we could get extra picks to help the lines

#30 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

oh yeah trufant looks decent.......still like rhodes the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com