#16 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,162 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:56 PM

Yeah honestly BWood - there are quite a few of these smartphone radio apps. I just use TuneIn. I also know for a fact that iHeartRadio picks up WBT. Dude I work with uses it for exactly that reason.

#17 Mattiekrome

Mattiekrome

The Feast... Is Mine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Anyone ever bought one of these? This is the first season I've actually considered it...

http://www.sportsyncradio.com/

#18 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

I don't see what the big deal is about the announcing. Who is doing it or who isn't.

The game is on tv. I'm happy

#19 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,133 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Dick Stockton is the only guy to call Smitty Steven Smith

I found this Interesting, if you search for "Steve Smith" on NFL.com it asks "did you mean Steven Smith?" at the top of the results.

#20 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

I like Stockton announcing games. It's good to have someone involved more hammered than me.

#21 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,038 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

Dick Stockton is the only guy to call Smitty Steven Smith

I thought it was Sam Rosen who was famous for that. They probably both do it.

#22 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

I like Dick

Fixed.

:) jk

#23 heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

I go to a sports bar every week and I don't get to listen to the commentary due to the 'highlighted' games volume blaring and all the old fans talking poo to me.

You know what's pathetic? You live in California, I live 2.5 HOURS AWAY FROM CHARLOTTE... yet we both have the same exact problem. This may just be the only week that this isn't the case, though... as practically all the popular teams aren't playing when we are. Surely this is one week where we'll get the main big screen/audio.

#24 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Just a fyi. 99.9 on tunedin doesn't always play the game even though the station plays it over the air. At least sometimes it plays ESPN talk radio instead.

#25 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

"Big" Dick Stockton is always solid and John Lynch is pretty good for a young broadcast guy.

#26 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

It doesn't cost anything? That sounds like the way to go.

Typically TunedIn won't play a game stream though. It'll usually transfer to yahoo sports or sports byline USA when a game comes on. I think that's due to licensing deals with various pro sports. For instance, no one would buy the MLB package if they could just used TunedIn to listen to whatever local station broadcasts the game.

#27 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Typically TunedIn won't play a game stream though. It'll usually transfer to yahoo sports or sports byline USA when a game comes on. I think that's due to licensing deals with various pro sports. For instance, no one would buy the MLB package if they could just used TunedIn to listen to whatever local station broadcasts the game.

So you're saying I should use yahoo sports instead of tunein tomorrow for the Panther game?

#28 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

So you're saying I should use yahoo sports instead of tunein tomorrow for the Panther game?

Tunein might work. But here in NorCal I use the 95.7 The Game App to listen to sports talk, and even though 95.7 is the flagship station for the A's and broadcasts all 162 games, as soon as the game comes on the app no longer plays 95.7. It switches to yahoo sports or something else. Then as soon as the game is over it goes back to the post game show that the station is broadcasting. I believe tunein does this as well, and again I want it to be known I'm guessing not certain, but I assume its due to licensing with the MLB app, etc. NFL may be different. I'd appreciate you letting me know if it is because I'd love to listen to the Panthers radio broadcast if possible.

#29 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:05 AM

or just go to wbt 110 website and stream it from there, I did that last week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com