Photo
- - - - -

Embarrassed by Jerry Richardson again: He was one of the leaders to keep refs locked out

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

According to The NY Times, Jerry Richardson was one of the owners that refused to listen to public outcry after this week's MNF game and didn't want to give in to the refs.

Anyone expecting this out-of-touch ogre to fire Marty Hurney in the offseason is in for a rude awakening. He actively doesn't care about what NFL fans think.

#2 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

He's a conservative businessman. I feel the same way he does about the refs. I'm hoping he has smart people in his ear telling him to cut Hurney loose though.

#3 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

While i had no beliefs that Hurney would be fired, I am surprised at this story.

#4 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,784 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

given his stance with the CBA i'm not entirely surprised.

#5 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,091 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

I need a link.

#6 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

I need a link.

http://www.nytimes.c...l?smid=tw-share

It's not that surprising considering the CBA business

#7 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

I'm shocked..

#8 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Don't make Jerry pull out his motherbleeping pie chart again!!!!

JR wants to make money and run a successful business. He does that. The other stuff is just gravy on top

#9 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

It's only a handful that called out JR for what he really is...

I am one of them

#10 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

I don't fault him for standing his ground on what he thought was right even if I don't necessarily agree. This is just more hate everything about your team whining. I would think less of anyone who caved their entire stance due to one bad call out of hundreds of thousands of bad calls in the history of the NFL.

#11 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,534 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:16 PM

I agree with Philly and BBB, not really surprising given the other stances he's taken.

He's old school style business man and I suspect he's a "stick it to the union" kind of owner.

I also don't find this embarrassing in any way... he may have been one of the leaders in regards to the owners position, but obviously a majority of the other owners felt the same...

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

meh....so was i. ball was in their court to agree to what the NFL wanted. they wanted pensions. NFL wanted something else for them. that was the sticking point...the refs wouldn't agree. when did the refs come back? when they finally agreed about the pensions. if they had done that earlier, they would have been back earlier.

you want to blame someone...blame them. they are at least just as guilty as the league for it taking so long.

keep on hating the man while they sign checks and keep the game going....which would have happened because they sure weren't going to be losing money and people sure weren't cutting back on watching nor would they have. the refs had no leverage. they should have realized it sooner.

#13 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 8,829 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

This is entirely unsurprising. Jerry Richardson plays hardball when it comes to business issues. You may be 'disappointed' by it now, but without JR's determination, Charlotte would likely not have a professional football team

#14 AceMan

AceMan

Chief Prosecutor

• HUDDLER
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image

#15 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

meh....so was i. ball was in their court to agree to what the NFL wanted. they wanted pensions. NFL wanted something else for them. that was the sticking point...the refs wouldn't agree. when did the refs come back? when they finally agreed about the pensions. if they had done that earlier, they would have been back earlier.

you want to blame someone...blame them. they are at least just as guilty as the league for it taking so long.

keep on hating the man while they sign checks and keep the game going....which would have happened because they sure weren't going to be losing money and people sure weren't cutting back on watching nor would they have. the refs had no leverage. they should have realized it sooner.

I just want JR to put his head and heart in this franchise. He wants to be like Rooney over in Pittsburgh. Then hire a resonable GM and get this franchise off the fuging ground.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.