Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Embarrassed by Jerry Richardson again: He was one of the leaders to keep refs locked out

258 posts in this topic

Posted

If you don't like AMERICUH then you can get out, itt.

Posted

some owners actually do care about more than their bottom line

And generally those owners have winning teams. Amazing how that works, eh?

1 person likes this

Posted

Then I would ask them the same question.

If I harbored those kinds of feelings towards the owner of a sports franchise I just couldn't bring myself to support him/her in any substantial way.

That would be the same as moving to Canda because you don't like the President. JR is not the Panthers. He may be in charge, but the team is bigger than him and they'll be around long after he's gone.

Posted

I can get why a fan would be upset with their owner when they question the approach they take in how they run the team they are fanatical about. What I don't understand is the embarrassment. How can you be embarrassed by such a thing? Where do you go or what do you do where such a feeling of embarrassment materializes? Those are some strange life priorities if you align who you are with your team so much that a business decision of the team owner creates a feeling of embarrassment. I watch the Panthers and follow them closely, but they aren't me and I'm not them.

3 people like this

Posted

You only use products that enrich only nice people? Good luck with that.

This isnt shampoo. Its the way I choose to spend a very large portion of my time in the fall. And since its a choice, if I felt like the owner was as "old, out of touch, entitled rich man who's goal in life is to take as much from his employees as he can." as you say then I would find another team or another way to spend my time.

Posted

According to The NY Times, Jerry Richardson was one of the owners that refused to listen to public outcry after this week's MNF game and didn't want to give in to the refs.

Anyone expecting this out-of-touch ogre to fire Marty Hurney in the offseason is in for a rude awakening. He actively doesn't care about what NFL fans think.

Al Davis of the NFC

1 person likes this

Posted

That would be the same as moving to Canda because you don't like the President. JR is not the Panthers. He may be in charge, but the team is bigger than him and they'll be around long after he's gone.

Not even close.

Its entertainment.

A more apt analogy would be stopping going to Micheal Bay films because I think he is a vapid asshat.

Posted

Jerry Richardson cares about one thing and that's money. He's a tight-assed Montgomery Burns. Good luck spending your piles o' green in the great beyond JR.

Mr_Burns.png

Posted

Not even close.

Its entertainment.

A more apt analogy would be stopping going to Micheal Bay films because I think he is a vapid asshat.

Once again, no it's not. I am a fan of the Carolina Football Panthers, not Jerry Richardson. It's really that simple.

Posted

JR is a cheap bastard.

Posted

It's only a handful that called out JR for what he really is...

I am one of them

A smart businessman who has made a financial success of his life.

Posted

And generally those owners have winning teams. Amazing how that works, eh?

Yup. You notice the article mentions a few owners doing the opposite of Richardson, pushing for the deal to get done. Owners from the Giants, Patriots and Falcons, teams that actually care about putting a quality product on the field.