Photo
- - - - -

Embarrassed by Jerry Richardson again: He was one of the leaders to keep refs locked out

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#106 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

I don't see how Hurney writing up stupid contracts has to do with Jerry not being cheap. All owners are ready every season to drop some serious money to sign players. That would be a very incorrect way of judging Jerry's "cheapness". He knows he has to throw some money around. If he actually cared about how this money was being spent though, he wouldn't let Hurney write up these ridiculous contracts.

#107 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

The Panthers are not one of the worst franchises in the NFL - and their current ranking on the Forbes list is indisputable evidence of that.

I was in Akron, Ohio in May visiting with my girlfriends family. I started bitching about how the Panthers hadn't made the Playoffs in four years and they all started laughing at me. The Browns are an example of a horrible, horrible franchise and fan base.

What is horrible about the Brown's fanbase? They are top notch in following their team.

#108 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Many of these comments would be different if we were 2-1 instead of 1-2.

#109 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,725 posts

I laugh at people that think that because someone has hundreds of millions of dollars they should be willing to take a hit of a few million. If you won the lottery and had $200MM, and all of a sudden your gardener says he wants more money, your accountant wants more money, and your property manager wants to take home 15% instead of 9, are you gonna say oh that's fine I have a ton I don't care? No, you'll say I can find another PM, accountant, and landscaper that can all do your job at a better price. Now if you get a replacement gardener and he completely fugs up your yard, then you go back to the other guy and negotiate a new rate.

JR felt like the NFL had an unsustainable business model with the NFLPA, and stuck to his guns. He felt the refs requests were absurd (they were), and so he stuck to his guns there too. Now if it turns out that the replacements poo the bed (they did) then a new market rate has been established for the old refs because you've found nobody can do their job as well as they can.

#110 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

The Panthers are not one of the worst franchises in the NFL - and their current ranking on the Forbes list is indisputable evidence of that.

He mean worst franchises in terms of on-the-field success, not how much is in Jerry's wallet.

#111 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:17 PM

The Panther fan base is schizophrenic to put it mildly. A month ago everything about this team was considered top of the league by this group.

#112 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

...because Jerry was never like this before 2012. Nice try.

#113 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,389 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

I was in Akron, Ohio in May visiting with my girlfriends family. I started bitching about how the Panthers hadn't made the Playoffs in four years and they all started laughing at me. The Browns are an example of a horrible, horrible franchise and fan base.

It's not pretty. And I already said I don't give a poo about Forbes, or the money the team makes. We are one of the worst NFL, read again, NFL teams ever.

ON THE FIELD PRODUCTION.

EDIT:The table didn't format right but - http://mcubed.net/nfl/fwtot.shtml

Sure we have a better win % than the browns, what a standard!

#114 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

He's a kid with a twitter account. We've read his stuff, there is no surprise he doesn't actually know anything about this franchise.

Haha know nothing about the franchise? I would guarantee I know more then you about this franchise. I haven't missed a game since 2001 and owned season tickets for five years, and I live in NJ. I will tell you anything you want to know about this franchise. I've forgotten more than you know about this franchise. You ask anyone who knows me about me and the first thing they will say is Panthers fan. It's fine tho, no need to get in a pissing match with someone who ultimately wants the same thing as me, the panthers to be successful.

I was at the Giants game last week and it was pathetic how it sounded like a Giants home game. The Cruz chants were louder on Charlotte than East Rutherford. This has always been a second rate organization and fan base. They have accepted mediocrity and inexcusably bash their most successful players. Julius Peppers was hated and listening to WFNZ this week was a joke with the calls on Cam. Unfortunately this franchise will be stuck In neutral until JR passes. And before some of you southern conservatives rip me apart and call me the worst person ever, no in no way do I want him to die. I am aware sports is not more important than life. But at the end of the day this team will be in trouble and unfortunately most of you will accept it. 4 winning seasons in 16 years and JR can do no wrong.

#115 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,028 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

I laugh at people that think that because someone has hundreds of millions of dollars they should be willing to take a hit of a few million. If you won the lottery and had $200MM, and all of a sudden your gardener says he wants more money, your accountant wants more money, and your property manager wants to take home 15% instead of 9, are you gonna say oh that's fine I have a ton I don't care? No, you'll say I can find another PM, accountant, and landscaper that can all do your job at a better price. Now if you get a replacement gardener and he completely fugs up your yard, then you go back to the other guy and negotiate a new rate.

You would be implying that the regular refs have absolutely no impact on the NFL's success and that would be false.

Next thing you know, you'll be using this analogy on players.

#116 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

I think people's thoughts would be the same, they just wouldn't have the reason or the courage to say them.

#117 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

I think people's thoughts would be the same, they just wouldn't have the reason or the courage to say them.

Some yes.

Many of our posters work off sheer emotion tho.

That's my point.

#118 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

You would be implying that the regular refs have absolutely no impact on the NFL's success and that would be false.

Next thing you know, you'll be using this analogy on players.

Oh they did. I don't know about Monsta himself, but during the lockout the weirdos who sided with the owners were full of "the players are just employees, they aren't important, the NFL would be the same without them" stuff.

#119 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Al Davis of the NFC

this is beyond ridiculous.

cause JR acts like a GM and calls down to the sidelines telling the coach how to call a game and who to put in.

yeah, the comparisons are endless. lol

#120 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,598 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:24 PM

I am thankful for the team that Mr.Richardson has provided me - but it's becoming more and more apparent that he is stuck in the past.

Mr. Richardson, just like his puppet Marty Hurney, is becoming harder and harder to defend.

If we ever have to play a game in London I might lose it.

which is why we'll never have a black QB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com