Posted Image

#32 TheAmericanDream

TheAmericanDream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationTriad

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

According to NCAA stats Nick Clancy of Boston College is the nation's top tackler averaging 14.3 per game in which Kuechly was the NCAA leading tackler for three straight seasons . Hurney blew it. Panthro was right......

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Damn idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

Wasted pick... alli ever see him do is arm tackle.

#34 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

Btw Kuechly is a -9.3 in coverage according to PFF, so much for him being a coverage linebacker.

Kuechly is also the football equivalent of a kitten whose eyes still haven't opened yet. Geez, guys, have we all been spoiled by too much microwave popcorn? Take a step back and a deep breath. Back before the culture of instant gratification became ingrained in all of us (and at times I'm as bad as anybody), we understood that there's a learning curve. If we get anything good out of a rookie in his first year, that's a bonus, because usually the whole inaugural year is a crap shoot. It was that way with just about all of our guys, including TD, Beast, Gross, and Kalil (to my recollection, at least). Give Keek time to grow into the NFL.

#35 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Kuechly is also the football equivalent of a kitten whose eyes still haven't opened yet. Geez, guys, have we all been spoiled by too much microwave popcorn? Take a step back and a deep breath. Back before the culture of instant gratification became ingrained in all of us (and at times I'm as bad as anybody), we understood that there's a learning curve. If we get anything good out of a rookie in his first year, that's a bonus, because usually the whole inaugural year is a crap shoot. It was that way with just about all of our guys, including TD, Beast, Gross, and Kalil (to my recollection, at least). Give Keek time to grow into the NFL.

To be fair, LB is the easiest position on defense for rookies to make an impact at and he was widely touted as the DROY favorite. Some angst is understandable.

#36 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,313 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

Jesus christ man, he has had three games.

I want superbowl victory now !111!!!!!111!!!!!

#37 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

If one more person says anything bad about Kuechly I will find you and I will beat you up. Then hang you on a fence by your underwear wedgie style. Or give you a swirly.

The choice is yours..

#38 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

Kuechly's play is a big reason why I'm convinced our defensive issues are scheme-related and not talent-related.

When we were playing vanilla schemes in the preseason he was a beast. Now he's struggling to a degree - along with everyone else. It looks like the whole defense is "thinking too much" as they say, rather than reacting. This is a scheme/coaching issues and falls on the shoulders of McDermott.

#39 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

Kuechly's play is a big reason why I'm convinced our defensive issues are scheme-related and not talent-related.

When we were playing vanilla schemes in the preseason he was a beast. Now he's struggling to a degree - along with everyone else. It looks like the whole defense is "thinking too much" as they say, rather than reacting. This is a scheme/coaching issues and falls on the shoulders of McDermott.

I agree with all of this ^

Keuchly is as instinctive a linebacker as there can be coming out of college, not to mention our entire defense appears to be a tad slow reacting.

#40 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

How can a LBer who can shut down Jimmy Graham be overated?

#41 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:59 AM

Kuechly is not over rated.

Our staff is misusing him

#42 Guest_Creepy_*

Guest_Creepy_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

Posted Image

#43 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:33 AM

Kuechly is supposed to be the defensive version of Cam

#44 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

cam was allowed to be cam. keuchly hasn't been allowed to be keuchly.

#45 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

I been editing my statement a bit - ymmv but I think a couple years from now well see hurney hit a home run on this one espeacially in light of our 2 gimp starting lb's

Hopefully Hurney is admiring his homerun from the stands by then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com