Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First trip to Atlanta and the Georgia Dome. Any advice?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

On my way down to Atlanta for a weekend. Headed to the Georgia Aquarium today and to the game tomorrow for my first Panther away game. Just wondering what kinda advice anyone has for a visit. How do Failcon fans react to the opposing teams fans? Do Panther fans travel well to Atlanta? I've always wanted to be the fan from another team infiltrating the home teams stadium but when we planned this earlier I didn't quite expect the situation to be like this so I probably won't be as boastful as I would like to be. Just hoping make it a game. Any recommendations on places to at or visit for our night in Atlanta? Thanks in advance and GO PANTHERS!

Posted

Stay low, keep your head down, move quick and stay in the shadows...they're attracted to noise and movement....and the colors black and electric blue.

1 person likes this

Posted

Watch your back. Not even from a Panthers/Falcons standpoint, just Atlanta is primitive and lawless place.

Posted

^^^^^these people are idiots

On my way down to Atlanta for a weekend. Headed to the Georgia Aquarium today and to the game tomorrow for my first Panther away game. Just wondering what kinda advice anyone has for a visit. How do Failcon fans react to the opposing teams fans? Do Panther fans travel well to Atlanta? I've always wanted to be the fan from another team infiltrating the home teams stadium but when we planned this earlier I didn't quite expect the situation to be like this so I probably won't be as boastful as I would like to be. Just hoping make it a game. Any recommendations on places to at or visit for our night in Atlanta? Thanks in advance and GO PANTHERS!

I have been once, had seats in the upper dome, cheap seats. I was decked out in Panthers gear, people were cool for the most part. There were some Dbags heckling me a bit that were sitting behind me, but then again, I was in the cheap seats. This game was a few yrs ago, we were up for the first half I think, then ended up losing in an ugly fashion. I chalked it up as a bad experience and vowed to never go back...now that I live here I am returning for the first time, got great seats this time. Plus, there are quite a bit of Panther fans that come.

Aquarium is nice, and should be fun. Go out in Midtown, there are lots of great bars and a great night scene. Also buckhead has some cool bars, try Tin Lizzie's or Fado.

Posted

Take a rape kit.

The police always "just ran out".

Posted

^^^^^these people are idiots

What do you mean .... "these people" ....

Posted

Bring Purell with you. Lots of Purell.

Posted

633599586577345952.jpg

1) it's very loud in there so it will save your ear drums

2) there will be lots of heckling from falcon fans coming your way...it drowns it out so you can focus on the field.

Posted

things you will need in atlanta

zombie.jpg

secret-vampire-kit.jpg

bible6.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Is that a vampire slayer kit ? Lol

Posted

Take Marta in. You'll be fine. Falcons fans only get bad around saints fans.

Unless you're horrified by black people.

Posted

As far as what to do tonifht, if you're white and preppy take a cab to the Virginia highlands and bar crawl.

If you're white and laid back go to little five points and bar crawl.

If you're white and have money head east to Decatur square and check out brick store for the best beer hall in the country, Iberian pig for some stupid good Spanish cuisine, or Leon's for fantastic cocktails.

If you told me where you're staying that'd helpful.