Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 things

41 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

That will determine the outcome tomorrow...

1. Julio Jones, if he cant be covered and he runs wild...we lose. Norman will probably see him most, he needs to be on his A game chip him at the line and not shut him down but contain him. Limit YAC

2. Pass Rush. If our pass rush looks like it did against the Giants, were done. Sacks are maybe a bit over rated, if we can hurry Matt Ryan and beat him up and get some hits on him this will be a huge advantage. I dont see Turner being a factor, so gung ho on the pass rushing.

3. Last but not least, it is essential that we get our run game going and with Stew back we may be able to do just that. Eliminate the stupid ass trick plays and run the damn ball normal, stick with it.

I hope our guys come out with something to prove and angry against the divisional rival Falcons. And dont forget, Cams homecoming. Hes primed to have a big game if history of turmoil with his name in it is any indication, in front of his hometown. If we execute and play how we are capable of playing, we have a chance of handing the Falcons their first L of the season.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

The fact that Norman may be covering Jones...ughh not good lol

Jones is bigger faster stronger....

We have to score 35+ points to win

Posted · Report post

Rather have gamble on jones, with Norman on White.

Posted · Report post

My question is, is Abraham suspended? havnt been following it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='chknwing' timestamp='1348964211' post='1924500']
[/quote]

No. And wouldn't count on it. His charge was very minor. The league will not do it. Turners still playing so I doubt ATL will suspened him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='chknwing' timestamp='1348964211' post='1924500']
[/quote]

To my knowledge, no. First time offense and kind of a bullshit arrest anyways.

Edwardses have to collapse the pocket this game. Noodle arm can dink and dunk with the best of em if he has all day to throw.

Posted · Report post

Also, just saw via rotoworld that Applewhite has been ruled out for the game. Hopefully Alexander takes full advantage of the playing time he will be receiving, especially with Hardy a little banged up.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The 910' timestamp='1348963311' post='1924487']

1. Julio Jones, if he cant be covered and he runs wild...we lose. Norman will probably see him most, he needs to be on his A game chip him at the line and not shut him down but contain him. Limit YAC

2. Pass Rush. If our pass rush looks like it did against the Giants, were done. Sacks are maybe a bit over rated, if we can hurry Matt Ryan and beat him up and get some hits on him this will be a huge advantage. I dont see Turner being a factor, so gung ho on the pass rushing.

3. Last but not least, it is essential that we get our run game going and with Stew back we may be able to do just that. Eliminate the stupid ass trick plays and run the damn ball normal, stick with it.

I hope our guys come out with something to prove and angry against the divisional rival Falcons. And dont forget, Cams homecoming. Hes primed to have a big game if history of turmoil with his name in it is any indication, in front of his hometown. If we execute and play how we are capable of playing, we have a chance of handing the Falcons their first L of the season.
[/quote]
Very valid points, I agree. I'm not sure who Norman will be covering, but I'm sure that Ryan will target him. It will be a good test for him.

Posted · Report post

If we play like we are capable, we can win.

If we play like we have been, we can lose.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Just another HUGE part of tomorrow...Joe Adams. If he's still returning the ball that is. We need him to give us great field position and break a couple big returns.

Posted · Report post

I think Norman has his breakout game tomorrow... To have a good showing vs Lance Moore is one thing, but to do it against Juilo Jones will officially establish his starting role to any doubters and build his rep as one of the up and coming leaders of this defense.

I've said it here before, but Norman has the same mental approach to football as Cam... These guys show up to play when people are doubting them. They are a little cocky, and thrive when people say they can't.

Newton and Norman will shine tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

Let's hope for a complete game tomorrow and turn this season around
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

The #1 key to all games, is stopping the run. The Giants had their way with us because we couldn't stop the run, which opened up the play action pass.

Posted · Report post

For us to win, we need a balanced offense. Against Tampa we had no run or passing game. Against the Saints we had both. Against New York, the run game was effective, but we couldn't use it because we got so far behind.

Our run game has worked ok the last two games. Don't get me wrong, I hate those hesitation handoffs, but all in all the run game is working. The problem against the Giants is that the passing attack was horrible. We couldn't block, and when we did, we couldn't complete passes. 2 tipped passes, 3 interceptions, and a couple of underthrown balls was what I remember most about our offense in that game. Yet we had to continue passing because we were so far behind.

So offensively I will say that we need to do a better job passing the ball than we did against New York. Doing so will allow us to continue to run and use a balanced attack.

Defensively, we were horrible against the run and the pass. My hope is that we can at least slow down one of those two elements.

Posted · Report post

Don't turn the ball over.

Convert 3rd downs.

Stop Atl on 3rd downs.

Win!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

7-1 when Cam doesn't turn the ball over.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Tarheels23' timestamp='1348966768' post='1924537']
The #1 key to all games, is stopping the run. The Giants had their way with us because we couldn't stop the run, which opened up the play action pass.
[/quote]
Turner gets like 1 YPC but they're 3-0. The Falcons are not about the run game.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='rodeo' timestamp='1348967356' post='1924547']
Turner gets like 1 YPC but they're 3-0. The Falcons are not about the run game.
[/quote]

Which means he will only get 4 per carry tomorrow. :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Davidson Deac II' timestamp='1348967811' post='1924550']

Which means he will only get 4 per carry tomorrow. :)
[/quote]

Probably which is pretty sad

Posted · Report post

[quote name='jayflip' timestamp='1348965076' post='1924514']
Also, just saw via rotoworld that Applewhite has been ruled out for the game. Hopefully Alexander takes full advantage of the playing time he will be receiving, especially with Hardy a little banged up.
[/quote]

Oh no, we are screwed. Applewhite is averaging 1 tackle per game. We are toast now that we won't have Applewhite making his weekly tackle..

Posted · Report post

They are plus 11 in turnovers. We are -6. What we need to do is obvious. Not turn the ball over, and hopefully take it away from them once or twice.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

I've watched some film of the Falcons' first two games, and they really remind me of the Giants. Ferocious pass rush that generates turnovers and messes up the rhythm of the opposing passing game, and a versatile offense. The only weakness I see is the run defense. I see a blowout loss for us.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

Agreed. Those 3 things are a must to put Carolina in position to win.

1. Julio Jones can't be kept in check by a 5th round rookie corner. No matter how the defense is positioned, Julio, Roddy White, or Gonzo will get single coverage. Uh, oh.

2. The last couple years you could really take the Atlanta offense off their game by a good pass rush. This year the Atlanta O-line has been more than solid. The real equalizer is the screen game the new Offensive Coordinator has installed.

3. Carolina has two solid RBs to test a questionable Atlanta run defense. Atlanta likes to stay in nickel without a MLB, so I would definitely run it up the gut with JStew to try to force them out of that defense to open things up downfield.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pilot2011' timestamp='1348967320' post='1924544']
7-1 when Cam doesn't turn the ball over.
[/quote]
This and Pass rush along with run game will decide if we can pull an upset

Posted · Report post

So even though I can't post there, I still go to CSR and read the comments. I saw JDeLong still misses me. So much so that he copy and pasted my comments I posted on here for all the CSR members to see. I LOVE the fact they still can't quit me lol. Carry on JDelong, I love the attention.