40 replies to this topic

#1 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

That will determine the outcome tomorrow...

1. Julio Jones, if he cant be covered and he runs wild...we lose. Norman will probably see him most, he needs to be on his A game chip him at the line and not shut him down but contain him. Limit YAC

2. Pass Rush. If our pass rush looks like it did against the Giants, were done. Sacks are maybe a bit over rated, if we can hurry Matt Ryan and beat him up and get some hits on him this will be a huge advantage. I dont see Turner being a factor, so gung ho on the pass rushing.

3. Last but not least, it is essential that we get our run game going and with Stew back we may be able to do just that. Eliminate the stupid ass trick plays and run the damn ball normal, stick with it.

I hope our guys come out with something to prove and angry against the divisional rival Falcons. And dont forget, Cams homecoming. Hes primed to have a big game if history of turmoil with his name in it is any indication, in front of his hometown. If we execute and play how we are capable of playing, we have a chance of handing the Falcons their first L of the season.

#2 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

The fact that Norman may be covering Jones...ughh not good lol

Jones is bigger faster stronger....

We have to score 35+ points to win

#3 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Rather have gamble on jones, with Norman on White.

#4 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

My question is, is Abraham suspended? havnt been following it.

#5 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

No. And wouldn't count on it. His charge was very minor. The league will not do it. Turners still playing so I doubt ATL will suspened him.

#6 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

To my knowledge, no. First time offense and kind of a bullshit arrest anyways.

Edwardses have to collapse the pocket this game. Noodle arm can dink and dunk with the best of em if he has all day to throw.

#7 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

Also, just saw via rotoworld that Applewhite has been ruled out for the game. Hopefully Alexander takes full advantage of the playing time he will be receiving, especially with Hardy a little banged up.

#8 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

That will determine the outcome tomorrow...

1. Julio Jones, if he cant be covered and he runs wild...we lose. Norman will probably see him most, he needs to be on his A game chip him at the line and not shut him down but contain him. Limit YAC

2. Pass Rush. If our pass rush looks like it did against the Giants, were done. Sacks are maybe a bit over rated, if we can hurry Matt Ryan and beat him up and get some hits on him this will be a huge advantage. I dont see Turner being a factor, so gung ho on the pass rushing.

3. Last but not least, it is essential that we get our run game going and with Stew back we may be able to do just that. Eliminate the stupid ass trick plays and run the damn ball normal, stick with it.

I hope our guys come out with something to prove and angry against the divisional rival Falcons. And dont forget, Cams homecoming. Hes primed to have a big game if history of turmoil with his name in it is any indication, in front of his hometown. If we execute and play how we are capable of playing, we have a chance of handing the Falcons their first L of the season.

Very valid points, I agree. I'm not sure who Norman will be covering, but I'm sure that Ryan will target him. It will be a good test for him.

#9 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

If we play like we are capable, we can win.

If we play like we have been, we can lose.

#10 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,150 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Just another HUGE part of tomorrow...Joe Adams. If he's still returning the ball that is. We need him to give us great field position and break a couple big returns.

#11 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

I think Norman has his breakout game tomorrow... To have a good showing vs Lance Moore is one thing, but to do it against Juilo Jones will officially establish his starting role to any doubters and build his rep as one of the up and coming leaders of this defense.

I've said it here before, but Norman has the same mental approach to football as Cam... These guys show up to play when people are doubting them. They are a little cocky, and thrive when people say they can't.

Newton and Norman will shine tomorrow.

#12 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Let's hope for a complete game tomorrow and turn this season around

#13 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

The #1 key to all games, is stopping the run. The Giants had their way with us because we couldn't stop the run, which opened up the play action pass.

#14 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,024 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

For us to win, we need a balanced offense. Against Tampa we had no run or passing game. Against the Saints we had both. Against New York, the run game was effective, but we couldn't use it because we got so far behind.

Our run game has worked ok the last two games. Don't get me wrong, I hate those hesitation handoffs, but all in all the run game is working. The problem against the Giants is that the passing attack was horrible. We couldn't block, and when we did, we couldn't complete passes. 2 tipped passes, 3 interceptions, and a couple of underthrown balls was what I remember most about our offense in that game. Yet we had to continue passing because we were so far behind.

So offensively I will say that we need to do a better job passing the ball than we did against New York. Doing so will allow us to continue to run and use a balanced attack.

Defensively, we were horrible against the run and the pass. My hope is that we can at least slow down one of those two elements.

#15 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,751 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:07 PM

Don't turn the ball over.

Convert 3rd downs.

Stop Atl on 3rd downs.

Win!

0 user(s) are reading this topic