• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:08 PM

7-1 when Cam doesn't turn the ball over.

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,132 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

The #1 key to all games, is stopping the run. The Giants had their way with us because we couldn't stop the run, which opened up the play action pass.

Turner gets like 1 YPC but they're 3-0. The Falcons are not about the run game.

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

Turner gets like 1 YPC but they're 3-0. The Falcons are not about the run game.

Which means he will only get 4 per carry tomorrow. :)

#19 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,940 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

Which means he will only get 4 per carry tomorrow. :)

Probably which is pretty sad

#20 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

Also, just saw via rotoworld that Applewhite has been ruled out for the game. Hopefully Alexander takes full advantage of the playing time he will be receiving, especially with Hardy a little banged up.

Oh no, we are screwed. Applewhite is averaging 1 tackle per game. We are toast now that we won't have Applewhite making his weekly tackle..

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

They are plus 11 in turnovers. We are -6. What we need to do is obvious. Not turn the ball over, and hopefully take it away from them once or twice.

#22 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• ALL-PRO
  • 810 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

That will determine the outcome tomorrow...

1. Julio Jones, if he cant be covered and he runs wild...we lose. Norman will probably see him most, he needs to be on his A game chip him at the line and not shut him down but contain him. Limit YAC

2. Pass Rush. If our pass rush looks like it did against the Giants, were done. Sacks are maybe a bit over rated, if we can hurry Matt Ryan and beat him up and get some hits on him this will be a huge advantage. I dont see Turner being a factor, so gung ho on the pass rushing.

3. Last but not least, it is essential that we get our run game going and with Stew back we may be able to do just that. Eliminate the stupid ass trick plays and run the damn ball normal, stick with it.

I hope our guys come out with something to prove and angry against the divisional rival Falcons. And dont forget, Cams homecoming. Hes primed to have a big game if history of turmoil with his name in it is any indication, in front of his hometown. If we execute and play how we are capable of playing, we have a chance of handing the Falcons their first L of the season.

I've watched some film of the Falcons' first two games, and they really remind me of the Giants. Ferocious pass rush that generates turnovers and messes up the rhythm of the opposing passing game, and a versatile offense. The only weakness I see is the run defense. I see a blowout loss for us.

#23 Tony Diesel

Tony Diesel

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

That will determine the outcome tomorrow...

1. Julio Jones, if he cant be covered and he runs wild...we lose. Norman will probably see him most, he needs to be on his A game chip him at the line and not shut him down but contain him. Limit YAC

2. Pass Rush. If our pass rush looks like it did against the Giants, were done. Sacks are maybe a bit over rated, if we can hurry Matt Ryan and beat him up and get some hits on him this will be a huge advantage. I dont see Turner being a factor, so gung ho on the pass rushing.

3. Last but not least, it is essential that we get our run game going and with Stew back we may be able to do just that. Eliminate the stupid ass trick plays and run the damn ball normal, stick with it.

I hope our guys come out with something to prove and angry against the divisional rival Falcons. And dont forget, Cams homecoming. Hes primed to have a big game if history of turmoil with his name in it is any indication, in front of his hometown. If we execute and play how we are capable of playing, we have a chance of handing the Falcons their first L of the season.

Agreed. Those 3 things are a must to put Carolina in position to win.

1. Julio Jones can't be kept in check by a 5th round rookie corner. No matter how the defense is positioned, Julio, Roddy White, or Gonzo will get single coverage. Uh, oh.

2. The last couple years you could really take the Atlanta offense off their game by a good pass rush. This year the Atlanta O-line has been more than solid. The real equalizer is the screen game the new Offensive Coordinator has installed.

3. Carolina has two solid RBs to test a questionable Atlanta run defense. Atlanta likes to stay in nickel without a MLB, so I would definitely run it up the gut with JStew to try to force them out of that defense to open things up downfield.

#24 footballhawk

footballhawk

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

7-1 when Cam doesn't turn the ball over.

This and Pass rush along with run game will decide if we can pull an upset

#25 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

So even though I can't post there, I still go to an inferior site and read the comments. I saw JDeLong still misses me. So much so that he copy and pasted my comments I posted on here for all the an inferior site members to see. I LOVE the fact they still can't quit me lol. Carry on JDelong, I love the attention.

#26 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

We won't be able to get a pass rush. Ryan knows where he is going and gets rid of the ball almost instantly. The key is for our Dlinemen to put their arms straight up in the air and jump around like they just don't care to cut off his passing lanes. Our corners have to be very physical with their receivers at the line and stay on them. Don't allow any seperation

#27 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

I think we either win a high-scoring shootout or we come home neutered for the season. I'm also worried about Cam. If he comes out flat/listless in this game then I have long-term concerns about him. I want to see him show some grit after the beating he's taken.

#28 NiteFalcon

NiteFalcon

Bird of Prey

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

I've watched some film of the Falcons' first two games, and they really remind me of the Giants. Ferocious pass rush that generates turnovers and messes up the rhythm of the opposing passing game, and a versatile offense. The only weakness I see is the run defense. I see a blowout loss for us.

i wouldn't say the falcons pass rush is ferocious. our coverage generates more pressure than our actual down linemans. one exception was the end of the sandiego game where the chargers were just outplayed at all levels

#29 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:48 AM

i wouldn't say the falcons pass rush is ferocious. our coverage generates more pressure than our actual down linemans. one exception was the end of the sandiego game where the chargers were just outplayed at all levels

The Falcons haven't played Supercam yet. He is nothing like any of the QB's you guys have faced and your defense better execute their "Cam" playbook if you want another win.

#30 NiteFalcon

NiteFalcon

Bird of Prey

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:52 AM

The Falcons haven't played Supercam yet. He is nothing like any of the QB's you guys have faced and your defense better execute their "Cam" playbook if you want another win.

to be honest if the falcons keep doing the same thing they have been doing with consistent 4-2-5 packages it might end up being enough. cam will surely take some risky throws and seeing 2 or more picks in this game would not be unexpected. and alone might be enough for the falcons to win. as some said previous the turnover battle will be key, and cam really has to play a clean game to win imo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com