96 replies to this topic

#16 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

They need to go 99 yards in 59 seconds and you play man defense on Roddy White with one safety over the top? Pay for your own bus ride home dude.

idiot fk...

#17 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,499 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

McD personally said they were working on fundamentals...he can't even get these guys to tackle.

D-line and Kuechly (sorta) played well

#18 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

I thought McD called a great game.....gameplan was solid.

Poor play at S and just flat out whiffs on D against the run. talent issue today....his gameplan for Atl was good.

LOL Good game plans limit the opposition to "merely" 31 points. Sheesh what happens when the game plan is bad.

Falcons go 80 yards in less than 59 seconds.(0 timeouts)

Panthers had 1:40+ 3 timeouts and couldn't go 60 yards. Rivera=genius.

#19 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,352 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

LOL Good game plans limit the opposition to "merely" 31 points. Sheesh what happens when the game plan is bad.

Falcons go 80 yards in in less than 59 seconds.(0 timeouts)

Panthers had 1:40+ 3 timeouts and couldn't go 60 yards. Rivera=genius.

gameplan was good. Offensively and defensively. giving up points doesn't mean the gameplan was bad.....all it takes is one player to fug it up. That is a player issue.

Players have to execute basic aspects of football.

Rivera can be knocked for horrible clock management.....and not going for 1 yard to win the game. On the road you go for it.

#20 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,921 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

Naka allowed a horrible TD to White and that last huge catch... but he also had an INT in the endzone and knocked a sure TD out of a Falcon's hand in the endzone as well. Interesting day for him.

#21 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

I just don't understand how you give up the deep ball. Maybe Nakamura whiffed, but to me it was the coaching. If you think Naka is the more complete safety that's fine, but you know Martin is better in deep coverage and infinitely more athletic. So as horrid as that play call was, if you absolutely are gonna go with that play, then play Martin on that last series. Give them everything underneath, just don't let them throw up a jump ball to White while he's being covered man by a rookie and the 43rd best FS in the league.

Posted Image

#22 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

They need to go 99 yards in 59 seconds and you play man defense on Roddy White with one safety over the top? Pay for your own bus ride home dude.

...once again...idiot

#23 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

...once again...idiot

Thanks.

#24 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,813 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

I just don't understand how you give up the deep ball. Maybe Nakamura whiffed, but to me it was the coaching. If you think Naka is the more complete safety that's fine, but you know Martin is better in deep coverage and infinitely more athletic. So as horrid as that play call was, if you absolutely are gonna go with that play, then play Martin on that last series. Give them everything underneath, just don't let them throw up a jump ball to White while he's being covered man by a rookie and the 43rd best FS in the league.

Posted Image

This is what Im saying. We shift players all the time but they thought it was best to allow a Rookie CB and a FS that got beat all game.

#25 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

gameplan was good. Offensively and defensively. giving up points doesn't mean the gameplan was bad.....all it takes is one player to fug it up. That is a player issue.

Players have to execute basic aspects of football.

Rivera can be knocked for horrible clock management.....and not going for 1 yard to win the game. On the road you go for it.

A lot of it does go on execution. If Nakamura didn't flail and fall on two different passes, you can take 10 points off the board automatically.

They went after him and for good reason. Martin may not be as heady, but at this point, put him back out there and deal with it. Nakamura is not an upgrade, which is sad considering how bad Martin looked at times last year.

BUT, I agree with you that the onus should go on Rivera for today. I'm disgusted.

#26 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Great gameplan my ass, we just actually challenged the offense today instead of giving the cushion. When you let Michael fuging Turner kill you on screen passes (something he has rarely done in his career!) Thats sad. He should have been fired right after the game.

#27 InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationJawJuh

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Bench Nakamara. The dude looked lost, like he was flying a kite out that bytch.

#28 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,813 posts

Game planning has not changed much from the Fox era. So if you like how Fox game planed people you will love how this coaching staff does it as well. We have one of the worst coaching staffs in the league and it shows when we play good teams.

#29 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

My biggest concern with the entire game is the defensive playcalling.

Blitzed them their entire first possession. Shut them down completely. So, as a result of that success, we stop blitzing most of the rest of the game. I just don't get it.

And Chud, please, please, please stop being cute with the playcalling. Smith is not a RB. Let him play WR. Let the millions of dollars wrapped up into the backfield handle that.

Dag! Can't believe we lost that game. Can not believe we lost that game.

#30 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Not trying to score with 3 TOs and 1:40+ left in the half was part of the game plan didn't you hear Rivera?

Also Turner got his 1st ever passing TD, that was planned too, good game plan guys good job.

Beason defending White, good game plan guys good job.

Narakawhateverthefug on White, good game plan guys good job.

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com