• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#46 Cj72

Cj72

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

We need to remember that teams that take a qb with the first pick usually have a top 5 pick for a few years after due to other pieces missing. Lucky for us cam is good enough to at least give us a chance while the rest of the team catches up talent wise. Of course sometimes it won't turn out well when you have such a young player trying to do so much.

#47 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

The coaches are lazy and clueless. Cam shouldn't have been the one running the ball that play anyway.

All this damn money in our RB's and we just expect our second year QB to do it all himself.

#48 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Sigh... & now I have to agree with KT... Fug...

#49 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

If he didn't fumble on the 3rd down but rather just didn't pick up the first, what's the complaint then?

Exact same result.

Besides Johnson, Cam had the best game of anyone on the team. Does CJ deserve blame for the loss too even during his awesome game because his facemask led to a score?

Exactly that fumble was recovered by the panthers its the same as if we didn't convert the 3rd down and pick up the 1st and had to punt it. If ATL had picked up the fumble I would understand people's gripe about the fumble but they didn't. As said time and time again if cam doesn't play perfect, no ints, no fumbles we don't win.

That is not a good team or a decent team.

#50 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Packers just converted a 4th and 1 while they were AHEAD in the game.

"Trust your players and then execute it" - Troy AIkman.

Huge difference in going for it with over a half of football left to be played, and going for it up by one point with 1:30 left to play and the opposing team only needing to go 20 yards if you don't convert....

#51 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Cam played great like always

So are you a blind Cam homer? He played like absolute dog sh!t against the Giants. Just being realistic. He isn't Superman, and deserves at least some blame for this loss in my opinion.

#52 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Huge difference in going for it with over a half of football left to be played, and going for it up by one point with 1:30 left to play and the opposing team only needing to go 20 yards if you don't convert....

No he should of went for it, I don't know what type of coach trusts a defense like this. And lol wasting the clock on that 4th down actually hurt us. We need a new coaching staff badly.

#53 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

With it all on the line, all the pressure in the world he pushed his chips to the middle. Dude showed up. A lot of people should eat a poo sandwich talking about our QB like that.

That's what made me sick about today. Cam had them. Had them beat. But a QB in this league cannot become a great with a sad sack coaching staff and makeshift D. It takes a lot for the stars to align.

The kid played unreal. Just a shame. This was Cleveland Browns style of loser

Funny because I saw him cough it up on the most important play of the game that would
Have sealed a victory.

#54 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

the fact that this thread even exists is a total disgrace to the sport and embarrassing black eye to our fan base.

go suck a tailpipe OP

#55 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Fourth and less than 1 game on the line... 6'5 250 pound Qb... And you pussy out.

#56 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

It was on their on 20 yard line too.

Truth is Rivera has 0 balls and is a moron.

Did you say that we would stop them if we punted? Because I KNEW we were going to lose when we punted it, and said so in the chat.

Some people just know their team, sorry you don't.

#57 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Funny because I saw him cough it up on the most important play of the game that would
Have sealed a victory.

Are you retarded atl didn't recover the football, how is that any different from any other qb not converting that 3rd down?

#58 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,448 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

I told you guys last season..Stop begging for your QB to be perfect and demand your team to step up and play more like a winning team. You can have all the confidence in the world but if you're not playing like every game counts and you're much better than you opponent, you will not win. Coaches win games because they are the final decision makers. Yet all of last season and even this season, you folks continue the media's mantra of every Panther's lost is Cam's fault. It's like all they seem to care about is Smitty getting his running #s and looking for ways to justify their nonstop harrassing of your QB.

This game, like the first one, was yours to win. This team has got to stop finding way to beat itself in such close games. This team does not close out games with confidence.

In the end, if your team keeps playing like this, you will be QB hunting next draft season because the media will make sure of it.

#59 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Fourth and less than 1 game on the line... 6'5 250 pound Qb... And you pussy out.

It was at least a full yard after they moved it back. When it was on the fourth and six inch line I said you go for it no doubt, and it truly looked like Rivera would have. When they moved it back everything changed.

#60 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,448 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Have sealed a victory.

Funny that Ryan had Ints and his team still managed to win. Yeah...only this fanbase still buy into the notion that QBs are the ones that really win games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com