Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Punting was the right thing to do

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone who believes that you should go for it on 4th and one...from midfield... With less than a minute to play...when the Falcons were stuffing your run game all day...is more than an idiot. That are a fuging idiot who provide cannot walk and chew gum at the same time.

how did that punt turn out for us?

Posted

today reality provided us with proof that punting was in fact the wrong choice.

No it didn't. The only way to prove that would be to study some alternate timeline where we went for it and got it.

Actually the punt turned out fantastic.

Posted

We pinned them inside the 1....punt team did it's job you noob....

1 person likes this

Posted

Pussy coaching getting real old

So insightful it blows my mind.

1 person likes this

Posted

We pinned them inside the 1....punt team did it's job you noob....

then what happened wise sage?

1 person likes this

Posted

This conservative mindset is what got us to 2-14.

Have you seen Matt Ryan in the two-minute offense before?

Did you see the repeated individual breakdowns in the secondary throughout the day?

You play to win the game, not lose it. That's what Fox did, and that's what will get you mediocre results.

4th and 1 with Cam, Stew, Tolbert... You put your foot on their throat and stomp em out.

I knew if we gave them the ball back, they were going to get the FG. I KNEW IT. If you go for it on 4th and miss, they have the dilemma of not leaving too much time on the clock while trying to get in FG range. It most likely would've left us a few more seconds... Stupid, gutless decision.

Posted

bottom line our Offense 1 yard? playbook is wide open for anything. instead we punt. those arguing that punting was the right call lost twice today

Posted

3 billion invested in the running game, QB who continues to set rushing records, need one yard.

Hmm. Yeah, punt that poo away, we've held White to over one hundred yards today and the Falcons haven't missed a FG yet, what could happen?

Posted

yeah the punt itself turned out pretty well but in case you guys weren't aware this defense is fuging awful so uhhhh i'd rather just get one yard and go home but hey if you want to trust a high school secondary against roddy white and julio jones then whatevs

seriously what is more likely? we get one yard, or the secondary gets humiliated?

Posted

So insightful it blows my mind.

Ur welcome

Posted

Blame Nakamura and Norman. The punt was the right call.

Just because people like you with a single digit IQ can't understand that still does not change that fact that it was the right call.

Posted

I looked at this game like the playoffs were on the line. If the playoffs are on the line I go for it if it is my call. I don't give up the ball when my secondary can't cover at least half of the field. That said I understand the punt decision but it sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I see them throw a 60 yard pass from the one yard line when I have two defensive backs right there.