#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,823 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Anyone who believes that you should go for it on 4th and one...from midfield... With less than a minute to play...when the Falcons were stuffing your run game all day...is more than an idiot. That are a fuging idiot who provide cannot walk and chew gum at the same time.

#17 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

here is a fact: Punting was not the right thing to do. on paper? in John foxes mind? sure? but WE FUGGING LOST!!!!!!!!!!!! so are you still telling me that it was the right thing to do???????????????????? because if we go for it at least there is a CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that we convert that one lil yard and fugging WIN!!! but by punting WE LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so let me ask you this say you can take home a fine chick from the bar, and one beside her is slightly better looking, bigger asz or whatever so you take the better one and she give you AIDS!!! are you gonna wake up and say....picking the slightly hotter one was the thing to do?????????????????????? FUG YU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? Do you think there was zero chance to win by punting?

This is total hindsight bullshit. If you told me we can pin them at the 1 by punting it I do that every damn time.

#18 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

That challenge actually hurt us lmao

We pinned them at the 1. No excuse

#19 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

here is a fact: Punting was not the right thing to do. on paper? in John foxes mind? sure? but WE FUGGING LOST!!!!!!!!!!!! so are you still telling me that it was the right thing to do???????????????????? because if we go for it at least there is a CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that we convert that one lil yard and fugging WIN!!! but by punting WE LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so let me ask you this say you can take home a fine chick from the bar, and one beside her is slightly better looking, bigger asz or whatever so you take the better one and she give you AIDS!!! are you gonna wake up and say....picking the slightly hotter one was the thing to do?????????????????????? FUG YU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was almost convinced by this, but there weren't quite enough exclamation points. So I'm gonna have to disagree.

#20 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

99% of nfl coaches would have made same call.

no not that high of a percent not with the way they move the ball and how easy it is for us to get 1 yard

#21 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

lol OP trusts that awful defense to make a stop more than he trusts the offense to gain 1 yard and seal the win

be sure to send in your resume as soon as we have a coaching vacancy because you're definitely carolina panthers material

#22 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,683 posts

Damn. I feel lucky! I didn't realize we had so many NFL coaches on this site!

Wait a minute...

#23 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

That challenge actually hurt us lmao

We pinned them at the 1. No excuse

We didn't challenge it. It was a booth review inside 2 minutes.

#24 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,679 posts

You don't sit on a 1-point lead in Atlanta, with our poo defense. The game shouldn't have even been this close anyways.

The staff failed its men, AGAIN.

#25 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

They go for it, don't get it, 99% of people complaining Rivera should've gone for it say Rivera should've punted...

#26 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,667 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

The same fools that wanted us to go for it would be blasting the coaching staff if we didn't make the yardage needed on fourth down, so take that for what it's worth.

This team isn't bad, just a few players away and a totally different coaching staff from being a contender.

#27 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

Yea having the best running QB who's 6"6 250 and you don't let him dive to redeem himself thats pussy sh1t punting

#28 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

If we go for it, what if they stop us? Or what if there's another fumble? Boom... excellent field position for Atlanta. Meanwhile... if you punt, you give them an incredibly long field to deal with, with no timeouts and not much time left. That's exactly what we did. The fact is, we lost because of a miracle 60-yard pass. If you go back and play that last drive for Atlanta ten times, nine of them will result in the Falcons likely not even getting past midfield. I know the tendency after losses like this is to point fingers and hand out blame, but you've got to realize... this was a freak loss. I fully expect flaming to ensue, but so be it. Call me names and whatever... it won't bother me. You guys can disagree with me all you want. But these are the facts.

I disagree, buddy I had a sick feeling in my stomach as soon as we didn't go for it I knew it was over.

It was 4th down and less than a yard with the game on the line (most likely our postseason hopes as well) and we have a 6'5 250 QB with the will to punch out a yard under Kalil.

It was all on the coaching staff.

1.Not going for it.
2.Nakumura really has no business being on the field Martin makes that pick
3.The defensive call having that many guys in the box... Horrid.

#29 Dilated_chakra

Dilated_chakra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Are you kidding me? Do you think there was zero chance to win by punting?

This is total hindsight bullshit. If you told me we can pin them at the 1 by punting it I do that every damn time.

so would I but the larger percentage says it flies into the endzone and they start at the 20. so you are gambling 20 yards of their offense to 1 yard of ours

hindsight? no? today reality provided us with proof that punting was in fact the wrong choice. so please keep making your points against pure logic and results that are in the past

#30 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

I could not disagree more. Horrible call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com