#61 Borat

Borat

Very Nice, I Like!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Can't blame this one on the HC. Punt worked to perfection; about a minute to go, ball on the 1, no timeouts, etc. Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat to the other guys making a great play (and blame some DBs) ;D

#62 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,151 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Seriously, the question should be: "Do you trust our offense to get 1 yard, or do you trust our defense to hold Matt Ryan to less than 60 with a minute left."

Here's a hint. Even with all the QB hits, sacks, pressures and INTs, Matty Ice still had 300 yards going into that drive.

Anyone who saw our success running today, and saw Ryan's success passing, knows what Ryan (17-4 at home career) can do with two minutes, and has a brain, would choose to run. We let them control the outcome, rather than risking controlling our own destiny.

#63 gospodin shuttlesworth

gospodin shuttlesworth

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:58 PM

Since everyone is playing psychic here and knows what would have happened even though it didn't, I'll do it also

uhh that's not really what anyone is doing here

the question is: do you trust the offense to gain one yard more or less than you trust the defense to keep the falcons out of field goal range? considering the defense totally fuging sucks, particularly nakamura, munnerlyn, and norman, i think i would trust the the offense but that's just me

#64 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

a poo defense that had 7 sacks, 12 QB its, 7 passes defended, and an INT to top it off? If there was a fuging game to have some sort of confidence in our defense, this was it.

You're an idiot of the worst kind if you believe the defense as a whole did anything better than below average today.

#65 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

a poo defense that had 7 sacks, 12 QB its, 7 passes defended, and an INT to top it off? If there was a fuging game to have some sort of confidence in our defense, this was it.

DL did great but it seemed to me the eye test said that the Falcons could move the ball upfield on us with great success and when a field goal will win it 141 is too much time.

#66 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Cam fumbling....Nakamura and Norman blowing the coverage. The men failed the staff today.

The game didn't come down to the fumble. It came down to a HORRIBLE series of decisions from the staff as to why they lost. Nakamura HAD NO BUSINESS being in the game and or being 1-safety deep when everyone and their mama knew White was going to get the ball. McDermott, and Rivera are piss puddles in this league.

#67 JuliusP_90

JuliusP_90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFairfax, VA

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

On the road in a hostile environment.
A massive QB behind one of the best centers in the league.
Millions invested in our running backs.
A line that had held up well all day.
A defense that had given up big chunks of yardage all day long.

This is the truth, not to mention fact number two.

Poor coaching decision that would have been much better served relying on our best asset (our Offense) and NOT our worst (our Defense).

#68 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

I would have been fine with either decision to be honest. If our giant QB can't lean forward for a yard with the game on the line, we don't deserve to win. Likewise if our defense can't keep them from scoring when they are pinned on the ONE YARD LINE with about a fuging minute left, we deserve to lose.

Having said that, I was screaming (with all caps) into game chat to go for it. By going for it you dictate the end of the game on your terms. You make ONE play it's game over. By punting you have to rely on the defense to make MULTIPLE plays to win the game. Subsequently we did neither and we fuging lost.

QFT

With the way this team has played, either call was a win or a lose

I would have personally preferred the killer instinct of going for it, and really REALLY wanted them to try. Live by the sword, die by the sword, do or die, yada yada, etc...

As others have said, we pay our offensive backfield WAY too much money to have zero faith in them in this situation.

How much of this is hindsight I dunno... Before the re-spot I was like just do it, when they moved it back I really don't know, but woulda loved to see some damn aggression for once.

#69 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,390 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Its all about which gives you the better chance to win and I felt it would be going for it.I am not saying firing Rivera is in order but a case can be made either way.

#70 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

why have the backfield we have if we can't get a yard with confidence? after the NY game, we should have been all in. not going for it showed we truly didn't want it. that went against everything we did in the game that was positive. now the mentality is at risk! RR needs to grow some and smash them in the mouth! This is the same Fox crap that went for many Ls. smh same ole panthers at the end of the day!

#71 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,496 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

99% of nfl coaches would have made same call.

Agreed. Punt is really never a bad play. And though we had given up points, the defense had been getting good pressure.

#72 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Likewise if our defense can't keep them from scoring when they are pinned on the ONE YARD LINE with about a fuging minute left, we deserve to lose.

One minute in football is a lot of time. I'm surprised more people don't blame Cam for this loss. If he held onto the ball... game over!! He didn't and now we have to discuss this. That last drive was crucial and all we had to do was keep pounding and Cam screwed that up.

#73 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,700 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

Tell any NFL coach the situation and that the outcome would be pinning the other team at their own 1 with a minute to go.

100% of the coaches would take it.

Please, everyone complaining about the call try to catch a clue this week. Its embarrassing.

#74 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

Tell any one that knows our special teams that we are pinning them at the one and theyd laugh. Fyi mfceo that should have been a touchback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.