Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Tell The Truth

Gut Feeling   211 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think was going to happen on Atlanta's final possession?

• We stop them and win the game
    • We go all Carolina Panthers on their ass and give up an unbelievable, time-defying drive for a GW score

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

93 posts in this topic

I voted that I thought our D would stop them buy I lied. I think a part of me knew that we would lose when I saw we were punting. it wasn't until their last play that brought them to the 28 that I knew we'd lost. Before that they were on the edge of FG range.

when we pinned them at the 1 i thought we had it won

That is irrelevant though. Pinning them at the one was no guarantee.

That was an outstanding play by Pilares... Usually, that's a touchback.

What did you think BEFORE we punted?

I expected us to stop them. They had other ideas.

i was positive we'd win until i saw haruki nakamura and his backpedaling-60-yards-down-the-field-with-a-4-inch-vertical completely fug up everything

I told everybody in the man cave if we give the ball back to them they will score. They had like 500 yards of offense. It was a no brainer. Can't believe we didn't go for it on 4th. Smh

1 person likes this

As soon as, during the possession before the final one (not the sack of Cam), we ran it twice in a row for next to nothing instead of passing I knew the Falcons would have a chance.

we had them on the 1. they had 0 timeouts and not much time. There is no way anyone should have expected them to score. I just don't understand why we had 4 down linemen, 3 LBs and and 4 in the secondary. We should have had a lot of guys back deep playing prevent. They would have been able to swarm all over White and not allow him to catch that.

1 person likes this

oh and i didn't even consider going for it. would rather punt and let our D handle things. if we screw up the 4th down then the falcons auto-win. pin them deep and they don't auto-win. whatever.

people who want to fire rivera over this, ask falcon fans what they thought of mike smith going for it on 4th and short all the time last season.

The only thing "unbelievable" about it was not having a center-fielder playing deep pass D and not thinking the pass was coming.

1 person likes this

I had no faith in the punt until I saw that we pinned them on the 1. When that happened I was like ok. We got this. The D line is going to apply pressure as they had all day, and we are going to sack Ryan again and get the safety and the win.

However just as I'm finishing my tweet saying Darin Gantt is right, a punt is not a bad play, I look up and see Roddy White making the 60 yrd catch.

When we didn't attempt to get the first and came out for the punt, I knew we were going to give up the score.

When we downed it on the one, a very slight sliver of hope with a vision of CJ busting through for a safety crossed through my mind.

Before I was able to complete my daydream, Nakamura was swatting at air from his rear and their crowd was going wild. My instinct was right as usual.