Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tell The Truth

Gut Feeling   211 votes

1. 1. What did you think was going to happen on Atlanta's final possession?

• We stop them and win the game
    • We go all Carolina Panthers on their ass and give up an unbelievable, time-defying drive for a GW score

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

93 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

as soon as Cam fumbled the ball instead of picking up that 1st down, I knew our fate...

Posted · Report post

I figured they would work the sidelines and win with a field goal. Turns out I was half-right. I didn't expect to give up a huge bomb I figured if anything it would be a dumpoff and multiple missed tackles.

Posted · Report post

I thought they would get to the fifty and then the hail mary would get knocked down. I was feeling rather confident after the punt was executed so well.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

4th and 1 should be a gimme for us....

Not the way we were running the ball. Our short yardage runs were being stuffed all day.

Posted · Report post

That is irrelevant though. Pinning them at the one was no guarantee.

That was an outstanding play by Pilares... Usually, that's a touchback.

What did you think BEFORE we punted?

before the booth review i was leaning towards going for it and just letting cam jump over the line and i didn't see them stopping that. but they moved the ball back a yard, we had to punt. i thought our defense would come through

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

we had them on the 1. they had 0 timeouts and not much time. There is no way anyone should have expected them to score. I just don't understand why we had 4 down linemen, 3 LBs and and 4 in the secondary. We should have had a lot of guys back deep playing prevent. They would have been able to swarm all over White and not allow him to catch that.

Do you expect one of the NFL's most consistent and reliable kickers to kick the ball out of bounds with the game tied and 1:08 left to play in the Superbowl?

I didn't either until it happened.

Now, as a Panther fan, I understand that we must prepare for the most unbelievably negative outcome and hope that it doesn't happen.

Posted · Report post

I thought it was too much time until I saw we downed it on the 1. But then that 1st play happened and then I knew we had lost.

Posted · Report post

before the booth review i was leaning towards going for it and just letting cam jump over the line and i didn't see them stopping that. but they moved the ball back a yard, we had to punt. i thought our defense would come through

I actually was thinking the same thing - Cam jumping over the line for a yard... Who knows, but I would've taken that chance over just outright giving them the ball back.

I would've preferred to go back in the full house and either run Cam up the middle/over the top, or run the option, most likely with Cam keeping it.

Posted · Report post

I knew what was going to happen. I thought it was time to man up and go for the win on 4th and one. I also think Chud needed to be punched in the nutz for getting too cute with his play calls on the last few series.

Posted · Report post

I gave us a chance until they got into field goal range.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm scared we might see Martin next week...and that he might make us all eat crow.

Posted · Report post

we should have hit them in the mouth and went for it. if we failed we would have had time!